+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

amandamoa

Jun 18, 2019
Hi all, first, thank you for showering me with your wishes!

Just a quick update to let you know that I submitted my passport today at the local VFS with two pictures (both stamped on the back with all of the required info) and the tracker is telling me the passport has already arrived at the VAC New Delhi and will be forwarded to the "IRCC Office" there. You can follow the progress of my CoPR using this link.

I also wanted to share my perspective on the debates of earlier today, adding to what @Shahanastar and @Maya1515 have addressed already:

1. NOC mismatch with work reference letter: You do not need to include your NOC in the letter and your employer can't be expected to have knowledge of something so technical, especially for work outside of Canada. My letter did not have any direct references to my NOC or the official description of my NOC. It was a two-page letter, which I drafted for one of my former employers to review and sign. There was a balancing act here between your duties being similar enough to the official description but not being anywhere near a cut-and-paste job. I have a feeling I once read about a case where an application was turned down because the candidate literally copied the official NOC job description!

Coming back to my reference letter, the first page contained a brief description of my employer (not a Fortune 500 company) along with what they were doing at the time of my employment to add context to my work there, and the second page listed my duties in seven bullet points. I checked to make sure these corresponded with the NOC I was claiming (1112), and it was a very high degree of match. It is likely that IRCC uses a 75% bar when comparing your NOC to your letter - I haven't researched that but feel free to dive into the law here.

2. There is no correlation between NOCs and faster application processing. All of the bias built into the Express Entry system for certain NOCs is at the level of PNPs and other regional programs that allow you to score extra points before you are invited to apply. It could be that you were invited sooner because you had a certain NOC, but once you are invited (ITA) you are removed from the general EE pool. Your application is first processed for R10 at CIO-Sydney and then distributed to IRCC's network of domestic and international VOs based on a system that is too complex for me to understand but is driven loosely by geography.
Thanks for the clarification regarding this! It was a question I had for... about 180 days. I had started to worry that my NOC was not on demand anymore. Now I worry that I might have written something wrong in my application. Who knows

Reactions: derkdsou

Canada_Diaries

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
IELTS Request
30-01-2019
If it is not Sidney (CB-01126) it is better. Sidney takes forever

Hey ...wassup...CB-01126 is not specific to Sydney,NS as my file moved to Edmonton(got to know from GCMS) and it's assigned to CB-01126. I believe it's a generic code for review required.

FYI My review is pending for Quebec residency

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
The thing with this wait is wierd.. I feel hyper sometimes and morose sometimes.... I think i should leave this alone for sometime and enjoy the moment when it comes..

Canada_Diaries

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
IELTS Request
30-01-2019
The thing with this wait is wierd.. I feel hyper sometimes and morose sometimes.... I think i should leave this alone for sometime and enjoy the moment when it comes..
yeah, I am back after a month to this forum. I believe we only visit when you want to make some future plan but are restricted because of this PR. At that time you want to know who all got PPR's and who are in the same boat like us.

I was for 4-5 hours daily from March-May tracking the different forums, but all in vain...Now I am friend-zoned as well, My colleague and i submitted the profiles at the same time, she got PPR in 1st week of March.....Anyway it would come, we just have to wait i believe....

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Hey ...wassup...CB-01126 is not specific to Sydney,NS as my file moved to Edmonton(got to know from GCMS) and it's assigned to CB-01126. I believe it's a generic code for review required.

FYI My review is pending for Quebec residency
Oh that's better news.... there is a "popular knowledge" built in this forum that thinks that CB-01126 is a single officer that takes forever, if it is a review code it is not too bad....

Reactions: Canada_Diaries

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Completed 180 days today but verifying the amount of people here in the same boat shows that they should increase their standard time of response or create more technology for an online follow up and proactive actions. By the way, I've ordered GCMS Notes in May 3rd and never received it. Frustrating but at least not a specific case. Wait and see.

Reactions: Canada_Diaries

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the clarification regarding this! It was a question I had for... about 180 days. I had started to worry that my NOC was not on demand anymore. Now I worry that I might have written something wrong in my application. Who knows
Where are you from Amanda if I may ask? Don't worry most people haven't got, or are getting news after the 180 days.
I feel like it's a 20% which actually gets processed now in regular times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pura Vida