CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Thanks everyone. I will definitely still keep an eye on here. I'm very interested in the progression of our cohort. A couple of notes:
  1. US citizens used to get "special treatment", resulting in sub-50 day PPR, like @northern sunshine and others. That appears to be reserved for some Nigerians now. :D My application followed right along with other US residents who aren't citizens. That's why I was estimating my time based on US residents (mainly Indian citizens).

2. They required Annex A, which doesn't seem to be required for everyone, but unlike others I've seen where it was a huge background check type of document, Annex A isn't a big long document. They just want my current name/address/telephone number.

3. Many of you will likely be landing before me, regardless of my PPR date. I don't plan to land until October, and even then, I will be doing a soft landing. It's possible I might land in August (busy during September), but that would be the earliest.
Thanks for the well wishes! ;)

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
I woke up to the golden email, as predicted. Delivered at 8:03 AM Ottawa time.

Thanks for the moral support, everyone.

PPR arrived before my expected GCMS notes.
Ohhh waoooo... Congrats Mate..:):)
Good luck for your future endeavors... now who’s going to answer our :D:Dfoolish queries:D

Reactions: USProgrammer

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Thanks everyone. I will definitely still keep an eye on here. I'm very interested in the progression of our cohort. A couple of notes:
  1. US citizens used to get "special treatment", resulting in sub-50 day PPR, like @northern sunshine and others. That appears to be reserved for some Nigerians now. :D My application followed right along with other US residents who aren't citizens. That's why I was estimating my time based on US residents (mainly Indian citizens).

2. They required Annex A, which doesn't seem to be required for everyone, but unlike others I've seen where it was a huge background check type of document, Annex A isn't a big long document. They just want my current name/address/telephone number.

3. Many of you will likely be landing before me, regardless of my PPR date. I don't plan to land until October, and even then, I will be doing a soft landing. It's possible I might land in August (busy during September), but that would be the earliest.
Thanks for the well wishes! ;)
I've been very lucky! PR card also only took a month to be approved, and they let my slightly outdated PR photos slide.

I was totally unaware that Annex A was different for other folks. Mine was as you described-- just a little form with a barcode asking for my mailing address.

Congrats again :) And thank you for sharing your experience with others.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I've been very lucky! PR card also only took a month to be approved, and they let my slightly outdated PR photos slide.

I was totally unaware that Annex A was different for other folks. Mine was as you described-- just a little form with a barcode asking for my mailing address.

Congrats again :) And thank you for sharing your experience with others.
Yeah I've seen some others have a huge background check type form basically making them affirm all the statutory questions again and stuff. I've seen it on this forum somewhere when I was trying to figure out what Annex A. I've seen some who didn't even get an Annex A request. I saw that in a thread of someone trying to figure out why they didn't get one. I wonder how they decide to request it.

How did you fill it out? Copy/paste to a word doc or what? It's not an attachment; it's just in the email, and I don't want to print the whole email.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
How did you fill it out? Copy/paste to a word doc or what? It's not an attachment; it's just in the email, and I don't want to print the whole email.
I know right, what a huge pain. I don't know why they don't send it as an attachment.

I can't remember which method I used but I either highlighted it in the email and just printed that selection or copied it into a word document (it fits neatly on one page) and printed that. I seem to recall having a saved word document with it somewhere so it was probably the latter.

Reactions: USProgrammer

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi
Is it ok if a dependent calls ircc ?
I believe a named dependent may be able to contact IRCC, but if they refuse, the PA can probably file an IMM 5475 via a CSE and then I'm pretty sure IRCC would have no problem talking to them.