Feb 16, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
14/12/2018
· Your application was received via your account on December 14, 2018.

• Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta,
    • you may be contacted via your accountif additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
I Got thi reply today

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Haha, I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. I feel like we might have spooked the ghost updates; they need a ritual reawakening.

That was my only ghost update (IP2). The prior update had a status change with MEP/IP1. Are you remembering one I'm forgetting?

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhi2056

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
Hi @derkdsou

Sorry, this query is not related to this thread, but i'm really concerned. So thought you could give me some advice if possible here.

My AOR is Jan 29th, I got my MEP on March 12th and waiting for BIL. But now I noticed in my account in the view dependents pop-up, that the last name of my dependents are wrongly spelled. I am very sure that I had submitted the application with correct names. However, the new UCI numbers are assigned to all the dependents.

The last name Sakthivel is mentioned incorrectly as Sakthevel. I really think it could be a data entry error on their side, because the last name is exactly spelt wrong for two dependents.

Could you kindly let me know what I have to do in this case ? And will this be the reason that I haven't received my BIL yet and will it cause any rejection in future ?

I am so worried, kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
You should raise a CSE right away: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I would attach a scan of the first page of the passport for each person whose name has been misspelled. If a passport is not available for a child, then attach a birth certificate.

Mistakes like this can and do happen; it is likely human error, as you pointed out. Bring this to IRCC's attention right away, and they will fix it.

Hi @derkdsou

Sorry, this query is not related to this thread, but i'm really concerned. So thought you could give me some advice if possible here.

My AOR is Jan 29th, I got my MEP on March 12th and waiting for BIL. But now I noticed in my account in the view dependents pop-up, that the last name of my dependents are wrongly spelled. I am very sure that I had submitted the application with correct names. However, the new UCI numbers are assigned to all the dependents.

The last name Sakthivel is mentioned incorrectly as Sakthevel. I really think it could be a data entry error on their side, because the last name is exactly spelt wrong for two dependents.

Could you kindly let me know what I have to do in this case ? And will this be the reason that I haven't received my BIL yet and will it cause any rejection in future ?

I am so worried, kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
You should raise a CSE right away: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I would attach a scan of the first page of the passport for each person whose name has been misspelled. If a passport is not available for a child, then attach a birth certificate.

Mistakes like this can and do happen; it is likely human error, as you pointed out. Bring this to IRCC's attention right away, and they will fix it.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will raise a CSE with passport scans attached.

Thank you.

hitkaul1987

Mar 6, 2019
Looks like I am in IP2 stage now finally, i finally ended up calling the IRCC cutsomer support and the automated status said that my background check is in process, ended up going back to my online account to see that the background check section had updated to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Till yesterday it was " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

This is how my application stages look like now.

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is my first update since MEP (Feb 12)
I am hoping that folks with AOR dec 30/31 2018 are seeing similar updates. (fingers crossed)

Sunbum

Sep 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
19-09-2018
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
I just received an e-mail which had a scheduled date for an interview. Which is not a very common. Kind of freaking out.
AOR Dec 1, MEP Jan 15. BC PNP EE CEC, nationality: estonian
Is there anyone else here who has gotten an interview email?

Dear xx xxx,
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for:

xx xxx xxx

Please print and give this letter to the commissionaire upon your arrival at:

1148 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3

Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview and/or have pre-booked travels outside of Canada in
the 60-days following your final determination for permanent residence interview, please
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or contact the the IRCC Client Support Centre:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-
support-centre.html

Please note:
 Do not arrive until 15 minutes prior to your interview time.
 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you,
and brings government issued photo identity document(s).
 If you believe you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for
hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
 If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the
amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so prior
to your interview.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Please note that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resident and receiving your
PR card. Please see the following website for current processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Please bring the following original documents to your interview:
 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing
your identity.
 Important: If for any reason you are not in possession of valid identity/travel
documents at the time of the appointment, you must advise this office PRIOR to
the appointment date.

 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed
for permanent residence inside Canada.
Please show the photographer the document found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
 Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC
These include work permits, study permits & visitor records.
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please ensure you either have a copy of the receipt printed or saved PDF copy viewable
on an electronic device.
Please note:
If you have recently changed any of the following without updating IRCC, please scan &
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca your update and document(s) immediately.
Please also bring the original documents along to your interview.
These are NOT required unless any of these changes have occurred.

 Marital Status
Include a copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate, etc.
 Birth Certificates
For all accompanying dependent children or Canadian citizen children
 Passport
Include a copy of the biographical details page
 Contact information
Include a copy of your photo government ID and/or other documents (such as your
phone or cable bill) with your current address

Regards,
Permanent Resident Unit - Landings
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Last edited:

clinkz

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
I just received an e-mail which had a scheduled date for an interview. Which is not a very common. Kind of freaking out.
AOR Dec 1, MEP Jan 15. BC PNP, nationality: estonian
Don't worry, this should be your landing interview.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
AOR Dec 1, MEP Jan 15. BC PNP EE CEC, nationality: estonian

Dear xx xxx,
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for:

xx xxx xxx

Please print and give this letter to the commissionaire upon your arrival at:

1148 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3

Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview and/or have pre-booked travels outside of Canada in
the 60-days following your final determination for permanent residence interview, please
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or contact the the IRCC Client Support Centre:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-
support-centre.html

Please note:
 Do not arrive until 15 minutes prior to your interview time.
 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you,
and brings government issued photo identity document(s).
 If you believe you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for
hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
 If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the
amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so prior
to your interview.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Please note that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resident and receiving your
PR card. Please see the following website for current processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Please bring the following original documents to your interview:
 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing
your identity.
 Important: If for any reason you are not in possession of valid identity/travel
documents at the time of the appointment, you must advise this office PRIOR to
the appointment date.

 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed
for permanent residence inside Canada.
Please show the photographer the document found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
 Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC
These include work permits, study permits & visitor records.
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please ensure you either have a copy of the receipt printed or saved PDF copy viewable
on an electronic device.
Please note:
If you have recently changed any of the following without updating IRCC, please scan &
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca your update and document(s) immediately.
Please also bring the original documents along to your interview.
These are NOT required unless any of these changes have occurred.

 Marital Status
Include a copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate, etc.
 Birth Certificates
For all accompanying dependent children or Canadian citizen children
 Passport
Include a copy of the biographical details page
 Contact information
Include a copy of your photo government ID and/or other documents (such as your
phone or cable bill) with your current address

Regards,
Permanent Resident Unit - Landings
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Congratulations @Sunbum

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
Hey My aor is 28 Dec Fsw inland Mep 10 the Feb.
My eligibility has not changed But background check has started Does that mean I am in ip2?
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check- This represents IP1
We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information- This represents IP2

Reactions: BigT

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hey guys, let me know your reading or what you think of my gcms status.
That's just IP1 status, same as my first GCMS shows. I hope to see more from IP2 when I get my next GCMS in 9-ish days.

Nothing bad though! Just means they did the R10 check (you submitted the required documents), but they haven't evaluated your actual eligibility by seeing if each document meets the stream you applied under.

Reactions: derkdsou

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
Looks like I am in IP2 stage now finally, i finally ended up calling the IRCC cutsomer support and the automated status said that my background check is in process, ended up going back to my online account to see that the background check section had updated to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Till yesterday it was " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

This is how my application stages look like now.

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is my first update since MEP (Feb 12)
I am hoping that folks with AOR dec 30/31 2018 are seeing similar updates. (fingers crossed)

Yes i have the same details
AOR: 27-Dec
Medicals passed: 11-Feb
My current application status exactly the same what you have given
i am CEC