NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Thank you, that’s helpful!

On reading your signature, I was v curious to see that you are a US citizen trying to move to Canada. The vast majority of the applications being made out of the US are from Indian citizens who are facing issues with their H1B or face excessive barriers in being able to access a US green card. Are you of Indian origin, perhaps? What moved you to apply? I find it fascinating to know people’s motivations and aspirations behind their desire to move to Canada. You can, of course, choose not to answer.
Not Indian. I'm about the whitest white person you can imagine. :) We were the only white people at the IELTS exam. I talked with a lot of Indian folks there though. Everyone I talked to was taking IELTS for Canadian PR.

And the answer is Trump and things about this country that were exposed by his candidacy and presidency that I didn't want to believe were true.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I fully understand where you’re coming from. I have lived in the US a total of eight years, first as an undergrad in Virginia and then for work in New York for another four. I was lucky enough to win the H1B lottery the first time around, but getting on the path to a US green card has been made virtually impossible since Trump has come to power (not that it was ever easy in recent history).

I have also lived and worked in the UK, which is sort of unraveling in its own special way at the moment. I find the country that best reflects my values at the moment is Canada.

Not Indian. I'm about the whitest white person you can imagine. :) We were the only white people at the IELTS exam. I talked with a lot of Indian folks there though. Everyone I talked to was taking IELTS for Canadian PR.

And the answer is Trump and things about this country that were exposed by his candidacy and presidency that I didn't want to believe were true.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I fully understand where you’re coming from. I have lived in the US a total of eight years, first as an undergrad in Virginia and then for work in New York for another four. I was lucky enough to win the H1B lottery the first time around, but getting on the path to a US green card has been made virtually impossible since Trump has come to power (not that it was ever easy in recent history).

I have also lived and worked in the UK, though I find the country that best reflects my values at the moment is Canada.
The per-country limit on green cards for H1B is ridiculous. People can be in this country for decades and never know if the next year may be their last, stuck working for companies because they can't lose their H1B or their entire life will be uprooted.

It's sickening, and I don't blame anyone for going toward Canada instead, because they actually want smart people to come work there. It's crazy that someone from the UK, New Zealand, or small countries like Belize can get through to a green card, but the fact that you're born in India with the same exact qualifications means you cannot.

Express Entry gives me zero advantages over anyone else and it's entirely objective. I had to take the same IELTS exam, even though I'm a native speaker. I have to submit the same documents, etc.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Yes, it is really admirable that Express Entry is egalitarian. There is one set of rules for candidates from all over the world without any distortions based on country of origin or race.

I was staring at a 12-year wait to become eligible for a green card, and that was when I decided I couldn’t live the rest of my life feeling constantly insecure about my legal status in the US.

How do you know so much about what Indian immigrants have to go through? It can’t all be from that one afternoon at the IELTS test center! I’m surprised because the only white friends that know deeply about the issues work for the US government.

The per-country limit on green cards for H1B is ridiculous. People can be in this country for decades and never know if the next year may be their last, stuck working for companies because they can't lose their H1B or their entire life will be uprooted.

It's sickening, and I don't blame anyone for going toward Canada instead, because they actually want smart people to come work there. It's crazy that someone from the UK, New Zealand, or small countries like Belize can get through to a green card, but the fact that you're born in India with the same exact qualifications means you cannot.

Express Entry gives me zero advantages over anyone else and it's entirely objective. I had to take the same IELTS exam, even though I'm a native speaker. I have to submit the same documents, etc.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
How do you know so much about what Indian immigrants have to go through? It can’t all be from that one afternoon at the IELTS test center! I’m surprised because the only white friends that know deeply about the issues work for the US government.
Podcasts and documentaries.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012

I actually like this about the US, I feel that the diversity is important and more interesting than having everyone from the same place. Even if just for genetic diversity, mixed genes are stronger.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I actually like this about the US, I feel that the diversity is important and more interesting than having everyone from the same place. Even if just for genetic diversity, mixed genes are stronger.
The people are still here. They're just stuck in limbo, never able to get permanent status.

Reactions: derkdsou

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Sure. It is still fascinating that someone is looking at your file within three days of your e-APR and spending a substantial amount of time on it to make that call.
My medical file was looked at even before eAPR!

I got AoR on December 28 but got medical furtherance letter via e-mail before that on December 23.

The thing is that I think if the panel physician answers ‘YES’ to something suspected in medical, it draws immediate attention of the RMO, triggering the furtherance letter.

So those who don’t get anything within 20 days of e-medical, they can expect MEP.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
My medical file was looked at even before eAPR!

I got AoR on December 28 but got medical furtherance letter via e-mail before that on December 23.

The thing is that I think if the panel physician answers ‘YES’ to something suspected in medical, it draws immediate attention of the RMO, triggering the furtherance letter.

So those who don’t get anything within 20 days of e-medical, they can expect MEP.
Also to add here, medicals are examined by Health Canada which is separate from IRCC.

Reactions: g90

mughira

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Guys, I received ITA on one application but somehow was not able to submit some document so I declined it. And then I got ITA again and submitted all my docs and my application. But when I see the transmitted application it still shows the old information and I changed that information while submitting. Making sure it won't impact the score for which I received ITA. Like in work experience I submitted for 3 positions I held but in transmitted it is showing only two, where as when I go and check the documents I submitted it shows 3 positions for which I submitted docs. What could be the issue?
What is an ITA?