AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Well guys.... I finally have an update! Today we received a letter requesting an interview. Our VO is Mexico City and my husband is from Nicaragua. The interview will be in El Salvador on September 26th. Now I have to research best ways to prepare for that - of course I hope this is a good sign, it just makes me nervous because I already provided so much information. But this is a good step, right? :) Anybody else done an interview? Any feedback you can provide? Thanks! YAY

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Well guys.... I finally have an update! Today we received a letter requesting an interview. Our VO is Mexico City and my husband is from Nicaragua. The interview will be in El Salvador on September 26th. Now I have to research best ways to prepare for that - of course I hope this is a good sign, it just makes me nervous because I already provided so much information. But this is a good step, right? :) Anybody else done an interview? Any feedback you can provide? Thanks! YAY
Did you get a pre arrival?

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Unfortunately having an interview is not a good sign, it means that the officer has some concerns about the application. You should search the forum for the thread about the interviews because there are a ton of questions officers usually ask and tips on how to prepare for it. Best of luck!

Last edited:

lynncita

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Unfortunately having an interview is not a good sign, it means that the officer has concerns as to the genuineness of your relationship. You should order your GCMS notes ASAP if you can to find the reason why the officer is having doubts so you can address them during the interview, and you should search the forum for the thread about the interviews because there are a ton of questions officers usually ask and tips on how to prepare for it. Best of luck!
We have known each other for almost 11 years and been married for 5 years as of today.

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
We have known each other for almost 11 years and been married for 5 years as of today.
What does your letter say?? It’s weird they’d request an interview since you’ve been together for so long

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018

lynncita

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
What does your letter say?? It’s weird they’d request an interview since you’ve been together for so long
It says: "In order to continue processing your immigration application you are required to attend an INTERVIEW at the __________", location in El Salvador.

Then it asks for, if not already submitted:
  • original passport(s)
  • updated Schedule A form
  • Updated Additional Family Information form
  • Photocopy of the original marriage certificate between me and sponsor
  • Photocopy of the original divorce certificate from previous marriage
  • Photocopy of original divorce judgement and/or petitions if there are any
  • Photocopy of original birth certificate
  • Photocopy of all sponsor's current and previous passport(s)
  • Original police certificate
  • ALL correspondence between you and sponsor
  • ALL telephone bills indicating calls between you and your sponsor
  • ALL photographs of you and sponsor together
  • ALL evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor
  • Evidence of any visits between you and sponsor
  • Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with the sponsor

I already submitted the requested # of pages of communication, telephone bills from recharges, and the identified number of photographs, AND financial support. I've given all this stuff with the original application including photos where it's obvious we GROW UP over a period of 10 years.

I have to say, I was so encouraged when I got this note today because it's movement, but then my heart absolutely sank when I read your first response... that it's usually a bad sign. :(

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
It says: "In order to continue processing your immigration application you are required to attend an INTERVIEW at the __________", location in El Salvador.

• original passport(s)
  • Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with the sponsor

I already submitted the requested # of pages of communication, telephone bills from recharges, and the identified number of photographs, AND financial support. I've given all this stuff with the original application including photos where it's obvious we GROW UP over a period of 10 years.

I have to say, I was so encouraged when I got this note today because it's movement, but then my heart absolutely sank when I read your first response... that it's usually a bad sign. :(
Cheer up. Don't worry. If they ask you to bring the original passport maybe you will get the COPR on the spot after the interview if you passed it . So don't worry.

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018

• original passport(s)

I’m sorry :( but if you note the last point it says they’re evaluating the relationship. Unfortunately you don’t have enough time to order the GCMS notes to see what they’re concerned about, so I’d suggest to gather as much evidence as you can and read the threads that I shared with you :) don’t worry, just practice together and try to relax. You’ve been together for so long so you clearly know each other well, it’s just a matter of convincing the officer that the relationship is genuine

lynncita

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Thank you for your response. I appreciate the links and will use them.

Is there any feedback from somebody that has applied and gone through this process themselves as a December 2017 applicant? I will research the forum... but I find this initial feedback SUPER discouraging. My relationship is real... it's maybe not been traditional or "normal" but it is 100% real and I am hoping somebody else is maybe further along in this process. Also, the last line is something they say in several documents... it's not new. From the very first application, it said the same wording...
It's a catch-all for any other supporting information. Any other experiences or positivity?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
I read in another thread that it is possible to ask your MP (Member of Parliament) to obtain your gcms notes on your behalf and for them it would take only about 7 days to obtain them, free of charge. Maybe it would be worth doing it as you’d be able to read the officers notes and if they have any concerns they would most likely be mentioned there.

Reactions: lynncita

Joron

Jan 17, 2018

• original passport(s)

Hey @lynncita we are literally on the same boat my spouse got his interview request for September 25 at El Salvador.