+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

somflower

May 17, 2018
Finally, a real update -- background check just changed to "we are processing your background check"! Eligibility review is also still in process. Is it fair to assume this means we've passed eligibility or could they be working on both at the same time? Our VO is Nairobi, and they still haven't sent us the medical request (we applied with an upfront medical from early 2017, which expired a few months ago while we were waiting, so I'm not sure whether they can waive that for us or make us do it again -- at one point it changed to passed, then quickly went back to the default message!).

Whatever this means, I'm thrilled to see some movement! Our application was received in Mississauga on December 27th, but the visa office only began to review the application at the beginning of July.

EDIT: We just got the medical request this afternoon!
We just received the “invitation to pre-arrival services” today, but still no actual email or letter for the medical request. ECAS says they sent us instructions for the medical on the 26th, while GCkey says that they’ve requested a medical and we will be receiving a letter or email with instructions. How long after that message should we expect to get the letter? And do we need the letter to go through with the exam? It feels like we’re close to the finish line and I’m eager to get the medical done as soon as possible.

josejbracho

Jun 23, 2015
Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And just now, we got PPR.

Blessings to everyone else still waiting. Your time will come soon enough.

Fellows,

I just got "Decision Made" on my ECAS this morning. No email update or anything. Also got "we are processing your background check" on my online application, no email for that either.

Here's my full timeline:

App Received: Dec 5, 2017
AOR1: Jan 26, 2018
Medical/Schedule A Request: Feb 13, 2018
Medical Submitted: Feb 21, 2018
Medical Passed: Feb 23, 2018
SA: Mar 09, 2018
File Transfer to Mexico VO: Mar 29, 2018
ECAS "we started processing": April 24, 2018
AOR2: Jul 16, 2018
Background check "we started processing": Jul 27, 2018
DM: Jul 27, 2018

Good luck to everyone else still waiting. I hope you all receive good news sooner than expected.

Reactions: Taytos and lynncita

Sqg

Apr 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
Hi everyone, I got pre arrival last June 5 and until now I'm still waiting for BGC to start! Who is still stock in here? Any updates for you guys? I'm a December 7 applicant. And from MVO. THANKS .

Same.. pre arrival last june 7

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hello everyone, we are already in BGC, still waiting for DM and PPR. My visa office is in Manila.
Can you share your timeline. Thanks . And congratulations !

Moah

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
Just received an update that the medical passed :)

Once I provide Mississauga with some documents demonstrating my intent to reside in Canada should my wife be granted permanent residency, what's next?

lynncita

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
here is the spread sheet. Kindly be responsible. you can update yours details

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=2012063204
Hello! Are you responsible for the protected maintenance of the 2017 spreadsheet? It seems it is not auto-calculating dates for anybody in December 2017 after 65 rows, which prevents us from knowing the timeline. Would you be able to update that? (It's protected, so I can't). This will help us track with participants who entered information after 65 rows.

Thanks!

lynncita

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Anybody have any news/updates? :) Happy Monday! #fingerscrossed

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Still no update for me. I'm from MVO

Eninaj28

Feb 7, 2018
Hi guys! any updates? I got an official AOR2 yesterday from Mexico VO. But in the very end of the letter it says..

*Planning ahead*
If your application for permanent residence is approved, you will be encouraged to use free pre- arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Several online and in-person services will be available to you, your spouse and your dependents once your application is approved. These services can help you find out more about living and working in Canada. They can also help you take steps to get your education, work experience, and professional licences/certificates recognized in Canada, and access other free settlement services once you have arrived in Canada.
To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website (canada.ca/pre-arrival-services). Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

anybody got the same AOR2?

Reactions: lynncita

somflower

May 17, 2018
Hubby is going for his medical next week, unfortunately we couldn't get an earlier appointment. But I've been feeling great since getting the pre-arrival services letter and seeing background check go into progress, it feels like we've finally reached the final stage of this awful process!

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Hi guys! any updates? I got an official AOR2 yesterday from Mexico VO. But in the very end of the letter it says..

*Planning ahead*
If your application for permanent residence is approved, you will be encouraged to use free pre- arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Several online and in-person services will be available to you, your spouse and your dependents once your application is approved. These services can help you find out more about living and working in Canada. They can also help you take steps to get your education, work experience, and professional licences/certificates recognized in Canada, and access other free settlement services once you have arrived in Canada.
To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website (canada.ca/pre-arrival-services). Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

anybody got the same AOR2?
Isn't that just a letter for prearrival services. AOR2 is when they say they have began processing your application at the visa office.