waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hi all,

I am quite concerned about my current situation.

I passed my citizen test on Sept 20th. But the interview did not go well. I had a couple of travels during the eligibility period. However, I did not report most but not all of them on the calculation of the days form. This is unintentional.

On the interview day, I prepared a complete list of travels with detailed information of the stamps. I honestly admitted to the interviewer there are few more travels than the original calculation form. She then asked me to copy all pages of my passport and mail them to her for review. I did that the same day and the mail was delivered the next day.

After that, I heard nothing back. And my status is still IP. This makes me very unsettled.

Is there anyone with similar experience? Will my application be rejected? Note that my days in Canada are still over the minimum even after counting all my travels.
How many days were originally missed? And how many "buffer" days do you have?

arjb

Feb 26, 2017
How many days were originally missed? And how many "buffer" days do you have?
So here is my timeline:
Applied from Brampton
Application received: December 15, 2017
AOR: Feb 1, 2018
In-Processing: Feb 28, 2018
Request to appear in exam: Sept 4, 2018
Exam Date+Interview: Sept 20, 2018

Now during interview, interviewer went over all stamps on my passport. There was one stamp from 2013 (US stamp for I90, I do have alot of land border crossings) that I didn't have listed in residency calculator (possibly because I didn't remember my entry date in Canada). At this point interviewer told me that because I have so many land entry/exit between Canada and US and because I had one entry/exit stamp that was not reported on residency calculator, they would have to go over my records with CBSA to confirm I meet residency requirements and this may cause delay in my application.

Now my concern is that I did select checkbox that gave my consent to IRCC to get my entry/exit information from CBSA. Shouldn't the interviewer grab my information from CBSA ahead of the interview. And because I had selected the checkbox, should there be any delay in my application?

Does anyone know how much time can this take?
I am not sure in case of keesio, but i had same issue and i have close to 400 days of buffer. only reason one entry wasn't reported was because I didn't have enough information to report it and thus checked box that said IRCC can get my records from CBSA. Would this affect our application in any way?

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
So here is my timeline:
Applied from Brampton
Application received: December 15, 2017
AOR: Feb 1, 2018
In-Processing: Feb 28, 2018
Request to appear in exam: Sept 4, 2018
Exam Date+Interview: Sept 20, 2018

Now during interview, interviewer went over all stamps on my passport. There was one stamp from 2013 (US stamp for I90, I do have alot of land border crossings) that I didn't have listed in residency calculator (possibly because I didn't remember my entry date in Canada). At this point interviewer told me that because I have so many land entry/exit between Canada and US and because I had one entry/exit stamp that was not reported on residency calculator, they would have to go over my records with CBSA to confirm I meet residency requirements and this may cause delay in my application.

Now my concern is that I did select checkbox that gave my consent to IRCC to get my entry/exit information from CBSA. Shouldn't the interviewer grab my information from CBSA ahead of the interview. And because I had selected the checkbox, should there be any delay in my application?

Does anyone know how much time can this take?

Not sure on the time, but was asked a similar question. I told her I ordered the CBSA records and used that to fill in my crossings - I too had checked the box for them to access the records, but it appears that did not happen. My passport did not contain the crossings because of my Nexus card.

arjb

Feb 26, 2017
Not sure on the time, but was asked a similar question. I told her I ordered the CBSA records and used that to fill in my crossings - I too had checked the box for them to access the records, but it appears that did not happen. My passport did not contain the crossings because of my Nexus card.
So has your application moved from in-process to dm yet? if so, how much time did it take. if not, how long has it been since exam?

marketinglady

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone! I had my citizenship ceremony on Sep 24 and it was one of the greatest moments of my life! I can't wait for all of you to experience the same thing. Good luck to everyone. You're almost there!

Reactions: keesio and qorax

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
There are 200 days buffer and 80 missing days from the original calculation.
It is good that you had so many buffer days. People who argue that buffer days is overrated should read this post and see why it is really important if you travel a lot. With that said, 80 days is a lot of absences. IRCC will question how you can forget that many days. I would guess that they are going to take a closer look at your application and look for other discrepancies. This will likely delay things. But all your extra buffer days (even after accounting for the 80 missing days) may save you here.

amfah12

Star Member
Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2010
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
11-11-2014
Hi
After waiting for almost 6 months after Test / DM, Just Received email for Oath invitation on Oct 23,2018 at 9 am in Mississauga

Test was in Scarborough on April 05, 2018
Application sent on Dec 18, 2017

adeelwaris

Feb 26, 2014
Hi All,

Please add me in the list.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 1, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 26, 2018.

No update yet. Should I be concerned?

Last edited: