+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

kdaa

Jan 19, 2018
Test was Sept 6 in Vancouver but still ecas "In Process". Is this normal? Usually it turn to DM after a few days.

amd87

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Test was Sept 6 in Vancouver but still ecas "In Process". Is this normal? Usually it turn to DM after a few days.
Not necessarily. What did the officer tell you? Did they tell you they are waiting on any requirement (clearances, CBSA, etc)?

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
A co-worker has been in that status [after test/interview] for over a month and hasn't been able to find out why unfortunately. But he had had a Visa issue in the past [He's originally from India], so there could be additional review(s) happening.

Best of luck!

VFX

amd87

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
A co-worker has been in that status [after test/interview] for over a month and hasn't been able to find out why unfortunately. But he had had a Visa issue in the past [He's originally from India], so there could be additional review(s) happening.

Best of luck!

VFX
It took me almost 3 months after the test to get DM. They told me in the interview that they're waiting for my security clearance. When I asked how long it usually takes, they said they don't know since it's a different department.

arjb

Feb 26, 2017
So here is my timeline:
Applied from Brampton
Application received: December 15, 2017
AOR: Feb 1, 2018
In-Processing: Feb 28, 2018
Request to appear in exam: Sept 4, 2018
Exam Date+Interview: Sept 20, 2018

Now during interview, interviewer went over all stamps on my passport. There was one stamp from 2013 (US stamp for I90, I do have alot of land border crossings) that I didn't have listed in residency calculator (possibly because I didn't remember my entry date in Canada). At this point interviewer told me that because I have so many land entry/exit between Canada and US and because I had one entry/exit stamp that was not reported on residency calculator, they would have to go over my records with CBSA to confirm I meet residency requirements and this may cause delay in my application.

Now my concern is that I did select checkbox that gave my consent to IRCC to get my entry/exit information from CBSA. Shouldn't the interviewer grab my information from CBSA ahead of the interview. And because I had selected the checkbox, should there be any delay in my application?

Does anyone know how much time can this take?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Fun part begins. You will find out nothing changed except you are 160$ poorer because of the passport application.
municipal elections are coming up. I'm hoping my wife will have her oath ceremony before then and be able to vote. That would be pretty cool to be able to vote in something immediately after becoming a citizen.

sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take for the application status to change to Decision Made? It has been 4 weeks since I passed my test, there is no indication of anything moving. It's quite frustrating

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hi all,

I am quite concerned about my current situation.

I passed my citizen test on Sept 20th. But the interview did not go well. I had a couple of travels during the eligibility period. However, I did not report most but not all of them on the calculation of the days form. This is unintentional.

On the interview day, I prepared a complete list of travels with detailed information of the stamps. I honestly admitted to the interviewer there are few more travels than the original calculation form. She then asked me to copy all pages of my passport and mail them to her for review. I did that the same day and the mail was delivered the next day.

After that, I heard nothing back. And my status is still IP. This makes me very unsettled.

Is there anyone with similar experience? Will my application be rejected? Note that my days in Canada are still over the minimum even after counting all my travels.

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
So here is my timeline:
Applied from Brampton
Application received: December 15, 2017
AOR: Feb 1, 2018
In-Processing: Feb 28, 2018
Request to appear in exam: Sept 4, 2018
Exam Date+Interview: Sept 20, 2018

Now during interview, interviewer went over all stamps on my passport. There was one stamp from 2013 (US stamp for I90, I do have alot of land border crossings) that I didn't have listed in residency calculator (possibly because I didn't remember my entry date in Canada). At this point interviewer told me that because I have so many land entry/exit between Canada and US and because I had one entry/exit stamp that was not reported on residency calculator, they would have to go over my records with CBSA to confirm I meet residency requirements and this may cause delay in my application.

Now my concern is that I did select checkbox that gave my consent to IRCC to get my entry/exit information from CBSA. Shouldn't the interviewer grab my information from CBSA ahead of the interview. And because I had selected the checkbox, should there be any delay in my application?

Does anyone know how much time can this take?
We are probably on a similar boat. I took and passed the test on the 20th. The difference is that I realized the fact that few travels were missing from the residency calculation form. The interviewer asked for all the pages of my passport instead of retrieving my entry/exit records from CBSA. I gave them the copy of all the pages. Now my status is still IP. There might be a chance that they are checking the entry/exit record now.

According to my own calculation, my days in Canada are more than required. Howevre, I am afraid they may turn down my application for underreporting the travels. Worse, they may ban me from applying for citizenship again.....