+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
I did my test today and passed and ceremony tomorrow. Are they going to take the PR card during the oath ceremony? I have booked all my travels to the United States on September 1st which is a day after the ceremony. This is a very important trip for me and I don't wanna cancel it (not for financial reasons).

Other than rescheduling the oath which will probably take another 6 months, is there any way at all that I can travel to the States immediately after?

Thank you so much for your help!! :)

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Action happening in this thread. Looking forward to the magical paper myself as well

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
So I did my test this morning and advice is to not overthink things. The test is super easy - things you should really know about the country you live in. I used an app to prepare and that worked out well. Test was at 7:45am in Mississauga - only about 12 of us so things moved quickly. Interview afterwards went well - they do go through EVERY single one of the passport stamps to match them up with the residency calculator. They also checked originals of landing form, PR card, 2 ID's (I used DL and Health card), and passports. That was it. She said she has no concerns and that they are booking appointments for oath taking in to late September. Whole process took an hour or slightly under.

App sent December 1, 2017
In process - February 1, 2018
Test appointment notice - August 9, 2018
Test date: August 30, 2018 (20/20 score :)
Oath : TBD - hopefully September
Applied from Etobicoke (Toronto) and processed at Mississauga

Reactions: qorax

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
I did my test today and passed and ceremony tomorrow. Are they going to take the PR card during the oath ceremony? I have booked all my travels to the United States on September 1st which is a day after the ceremony. This is a very important trip for me and I don't wanna cancel it (not for financial reasons).

Other than rescheduling the oath which will probably take another 6 months, is there any way at all that I can travel to the States immediately after?

At the oath ceremony they will take your PR card so the only other option you will have is to apply for a passport

mizu

Dec 19, 2017
I just got decision made
Test passed :14/05/2018
Decision made:30/08/2018
Office: Edmonton
Please update the sheet
thanks

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
So I did my test this morning and advice is to not overthink things. The test is super easy - things you should really know about the country you live in. I used an app to prepare and that worked out well. Test was at 7:45am in Mississauga - only about 12 of us so things moved quickly. Interview afterwards went well - they do go through EVERY single one of the passport stamps to match them up with the residency calculator. They also checked originals of landing form, PR card, 2 ID's (I used DL and Health card), and passports. That was it. She said she has no concerns and that they are booking appointments for oath taking in to late September. Whole process took an hour or slightly under.

App sent December 1, 2017
In process - February 1, 2018
Test appointment notice - August 9, 2018
Test date: August 30, 2018 (20/20 score :)
Oath : TBD - hopefully September
Applied from Etobicoke (Toronto) and processed at Mississauga
How long was the interview?

tgwcc15

Oct 10, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Category........
FSW

after your test/interview, they scheduled your oath taking the following day? Did they give you the oath taking invite on the spot after interview and test? thanks