+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

shirinak

Feb 13, 2017
I have a question , im in process since february . I need to go to another country for 2,3 months .

Should i call them and let them know now and ask them to send me trst invitations after 3,4 months from now or can I wait until i get an email and let them kniw im not available and ask them to change it?

Which one is the right thing to do?

shirinak

Feb 13, 2017
One more question my friend in calgary said hes asked about the language requirement and welcome center has told him in addition to what is on the website there is a citizenship class i think about 8 sessions and id he attends and get a certificate he can send that as the language proof . Can someone explain this option to me?

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
I have a question , im in process since february . I need to go to another country for 2,3 months . Should i call them and let them know now and ask them to send me trst invitations after 3,4 months from now or can I wait until i get an email and let them kniw im not available and ask them to change it?
Which one is the right thing to do?
Always be upfront and as transparent as possible when you're communicating with IRCC. If you've already booked your tickets, show them as proof.. Explain the situation and request them for a later test date! Coz you need to keep in mind that they won't get back to you right away and you gotta give plenty of time for them to respond. Good luck! :)

One more question my friend in calgary said hes asked about the language requirement and welcome center has told him in addition to what is on the website there is a citizenship class i think about 8 sessions and id he attends and get a certificate he can send that as the language proof . Can someone explain this option to me?
I live in Winnipeg and I know of people who took some Citizenship classes offered by the Immigrant Centre in the city. Now, by default the definition of a 'Citizenship class' is just that. It will help you prepare for your upcoming Citizenship exam. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't believe that he would be receiving a Certificate. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Either your friend must be naive or misinformed coz there's no truth to it, at least to the extent of my knowledge. You can only use your official English language test results (valid or expired) or University degree (if you did your education here) or some other option as provided on the IRCC website! ;)

Kal

ppb41

Jan 19, 2018
I wrote my Citizenship test today (Calgary). My score 19\ 20 and my husband 20\20. The interview was pretty fast it lasted only 5 minutes. The officer just asked for our passports, proof of language and asked about our jobs. We signed a couple of forms and that's it.

Reactions: kaladhar

mh.sk

Jan 29, 2018
Passed the test today 20/20 in Saskatoon. Interview was pretty straight forward, was asked about my passports, driving licence, PR Card and Prohibition Form. After that Officer told me that wait for 3 months for Oath. Thanks

Reactions: kaladhar

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
I wrote my Citizenship test today (Calgary). My score 19\ 20 and my husband 20\20. The interview was pretty fast it lasted only 5 minutes. The officer just asked for our passports, proof of language and asked about our jobs. We signed a couple of forms and that's it.
Happy to report 20/20 on the test this morning and now waiting for the oath ceremony invite :)
Passed the test today 20/20 in Saskatoon. Interview was pretty straight forward, was asked about my passports, driving licence, PR Card and Prohibition Form. After that Officer told me that wait for 3 months for Oath. Thanks
Woohoo! Congratulations to you all :)
I hope that you would receive your Oath letters soon!

Cheers
Kal

Reactions: ppb41

canadahaicanada

Nov 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am living in Australia. I got test Date on 26th July.
I am not only scared of spending too much on travelling but also flying... Flying over pacific for 12-14 hours scares me a lot.
Is there a way to finish everything...taking test, getting citizenship certificate and eventually passport in one trip only.

Regards

Jun 15, 2018
Good morning, all!

Is someone able to add my details to the sheet?

Application mailed: October 11, 2017
Application received: October 13, 2017
AOR: November 15, 2017
In Process: March 5, 2018
Test Invite Letter: April 12, 2018
Test Date: May 4, 2018
Decision Made (estimate): May 15, 2018
Awaiting oath letter and date
Processing Centre: Scarborough
Application type: Single
Physical presence days: 1217

Thank you!

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
ECAS changed to DM today! Can somebody update my line in the spreadsheet please?
I'm assuming this is a positive DM, given yesterday's passing of the test and the officer saying I'll be notified when to take the oath.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
It is calling LINC(Language instructions for new comer). You can check at your local settlement office or google for it.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to finish everything...taking test, getting citizenship certificate and eventually passport in one trip only.

Regards
This is rare... but not unheard of. Well, at least the test/interview/oath on the same day. From what I have heard, it happens in more remote areas of Canada where people have to travel far (within Canada) to get to the office since one office can service a very large geographic area.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning, all!

Is someone able to add my details to the sheet?

Application mailed: October 11, 2017
Application received: October 13, 2017
AOR: November 15, 2017
In Process: March 5, 2018
Test Invite Letter: April 12, 2018
Test Date: May 4, 2018
Decision Made (estimate): May 15, 2018
Awaiting oath letter and date
Processing Centre: Scarborough
Application type: Single
Physical presence days: 1217

Thank you!
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

You may want to follow Scarborough DM-Oath thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scarborough-dm-oath.485211/page-189