+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

sriramprani

Aug 28, 2014
as far as i know they mainly send test invites via email. Most of us (December applicants) are still waiting for Test invites, you can check previous months progress on the sheet to get an idea.
According to the reported data, 5% of December 2017 applicants got test invites, 25% of November 2017 and 58% of October 2017
So it might be very soon, or it could take several more weeks / months (hopefully not).
Thanks

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Just want to share I did my finger prints on 26 March and they were updated for my citizenship application on 9th April.
IRCC Customer service agent was nice enough to tell me the file looks good no documents required as of today and soon (I don’t know what’s IRCC definition of “soon” is) I will receive an invitation for my test.

CMeenakumari

Apr 10, 2018
I did my fingerprint at local rcmp office.and yes i check letter and it say that i dont have any criminal record or immigration frud etc etc i also asked officials ppl and they advised me to send it to immigration office from where i got fingerprint request.
How many days take to receive FP result in mail from Ottawa to Vancouver
(Home address).we did it on April 6th .

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Just want to share I did my finger prints on 26 March and they were updated for my citizenship application on 9th April.
IRCC Customer service agent was nice enough to tell me the file looks good no documents required as of today and soon (I don’t know what’s IRCC definition of “soon” is) I will receive an invitation for my test.
That's amazing news, man!
I hope you receive your test invite soon.
Good luck :)

Kal

Last edited:
Reactions: Agharr1

ik1

Jan 31, 2018
Well its surely a Finger print request and it needs to be done in 30 days and you will need the letter they send to you for FP. Call IRCC and state your concern.
I have just called them, agent confirms that this the FP request. She told me that they are going to send me an email again. I confirmed that is this going to be mail or email she said email as your correspondence is setup that way.

SKGN

Mar 21, 2018
Well its surely a Finger print request and it needs to be done in 30 days and you will need the letter they send to you for FP. Call IRCC and state your concern.
I also received the same thing like this:

We sent you correspondence on April 10, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Hoping that it is a fingerprint request. I am from Kitchener, Ontario. can anyone tell what are the nearby locations we should go for this fingerprints?

Last edited:

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
I also received the same thing like this:

We sent you correspondence on April 10, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Crossing my fingers that it is a fingerprint request. I am from Kitchener, Ontario. can anyone tell what are the nearby locations we should go for this fingerprints?
https://www.wrps.on.ca/en/about-us/fingerprinting.aspx
https://www.drivercheck.ca/services/other-services/
http://sitekreator.com/ots/fingerprint-services.html

SKGN

Mar 21, 2018
I have just called them, agent confirms that this the FP request. She told me that they are going to send me an email again. I confirmed that is this going to be mail or email she said email as your correspondence is setup that way.
I still haven't received any correspondence even though, it say online that "We sent you correspondence on April 10, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required".

I tried calling IRCC, but I am not even put in a queue; the call is disconnected due to large call volumes. I haven't received any emails as I did for other stages of my application? what should I do?

ik1

Jan 31, 2018
I still haven't received any correspondence even though, it say online that "We sent you correspondence on April 10, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required".

I tried calling IRCC, but I am not even put in a queue; the call is disconnected due to large call volumes. I haven't received any emails as I did for other stages of my application? what should I do?

They sent me the following when i asked about the alternate of phone inquiry,

The IRCC Web form.
Please allow at least 5 business days for the address and/or telephone number to be updated in your file.

If additional actions are required in your file (i.e., the processing times for your application have passed, you did not receive a correspondence that was sent to you, you wish to transfer your file to an office closer to your new home, etc.):

• Please fill out another IRCC Web form separatelyand provide details pertaining to your request in the comment box.

SKGN

Mar 21, 2018
They sent me the following when i asked about the alternate of phone inquiry,

The IRCC Web form.
Please allow at least 5 business days for the address and/or telephone number to be updated in your file.

If additional actions are required in your file (i.e., the processing times for your application have passed, you did not receive a correspondence that was sent to you, you wish to transfer your file to an office closer to your new home, etc.):

• Please fill out another IRCC Web form separatelyand provide details pertaining to your request in the comment box.
Thanks so much.

rfasihi

Star Member
Aug 5, 2012
After passing test n interview, we are waiting for oath date,
Can they ask for any new requirements at this stage??

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
After passing test n interview, we are waiting for oath date,
Can they ask for any new requirements at this stage??
I think I've seen posts from people that had DM only to get kicked back to IP over additional document requests or RQ.