+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Our application went in to "in Process" stage on 03/19. Please update December Sheet.

Thanks

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
I'd like to get my application added:
(For a minor, me):
Urgent Processing Request, single.
Sent December 16th, 2017
Received December 19th, 2017

AOR March 21st, 2018

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
Added. Doesn't look like it's being processed urgently .. so far.
Sadly, yeah...
Apparently they misplaced my application somehow. The max time from receipt to AOR I saw was 73 says. Now I have broken the record, with a whopping...93 days. Hoping the rest goes by quickly, cause I don't need to do the test or interview. (Being 17 has it's perks haha)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Oh and I noticed that it says Family (2) in the type. It's a single application, just for me. I'm a minor.
My bad. I thought you meant you applied for yourself and a minor. Didn't realize you're the minor. Fixed. Please allow 15-30 min for the update to reflect on the sheet.

04May2013

May 4, 2013
Hello All.

Is it common to get a phone call to confirm your attendance of the citizenship test? We already got an email for the test last week for April 10, 2018. However, I got a call asking if we will be attending the test on the date. Is it normal? It was a private number but the caller introduced herself as from CIC.

Thank you for your response always!

Last edited:

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello All.

Is it common to get a phone call to confirm your attendance of the citizenship test? We already got an email for the test last week for April 10, 2018. However, I got a call asking if we will be attending the test on the date. Is it normal? It was a private number but the caller introduced herself as from CIC.

Thank you for your response always!
can you provide your timeline for the spreadsheet?

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
VFX_man - received finger print request March 23 (letter dated 21st). Spouse did not get a request, just myself.

Do they do random selection? Pretty sure the RCMP already had mine on file since I have a PAL.

Cheers, VFX

xildare

Mar 27, 2018
hello below is my app status, kindly add it to the sheet thanks.

received on December 18, 2017.
AOR on January 26, 2018.
started processing on February 27, 2018.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
hello below is my app status, kindly add it to the sheet thanks.

received on December 18, 2017.
AOR on January 26, 2018.
started processing on February 27, 2018.
welcome to the forum, would you provide the following for the ss

App sent date
Physical presence in days
App type: single or family?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
VFX_man - received finger print request March 23 (letter dated 21st). Spouse did not get a request, just myself.

Do they do random selection? Pretty sure the RCMP already had mine on file since I have a PAL.

Cheers, VFX
I updated the ss, what is PAL?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018

Cheers, VFX
The fingerprint request in reality is a fingerprint-based criminal records check. The purpose is to use a unique identifier when a search for a criminal record is done. Often this is because someone with a similar name/date of birth has a criminal record, and they want to make sure it's not you, so they ask for this check to be done.

The RCMP likely used your fingerprints to do that same check when you requested your PAL. I don't know if they keep your fingerprints on file, but using those defeats the purpose of the current request: the prints on file would be retrieved based on your name and date of birth... which is where the potential naming overlap exists.