+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Guerocanada

Mar 18, 2018
@hamour80 received it yesterday, from Edmonton. May be they will send you test invitation for the same date or the date before. Same day test and oath have happened before especially for people who live far away from their respective IRCC office.

Congrats, added you to the sheet

Can you share your
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent

Normal processing: Im not minor OR Senior
Physical presence: around 1300 days
Application sent on oct. 12 2017

farhan_khan

Jan 25, 2018
i have two question related to citizenship application.
1- i am in canada and eligible for applying for citizenship for my family and plan to submit my application this week. my famly PR card expire and waiting for receiving the renewed PR card. can i apply without valid PR card ( i can attached expired PR card with my application) or need to wait until i receive my PR card .

2- in application form , there is question 9 C whethe during eligiblity period do i live outside canada. which in my case is YES as i lived back home for 1 year.

This says if you say Yes , you need to fill CIT 0177E Reisidence outside of canada form . But when i am going to fill this form it says residence outside as crown servant or with crown servant. which is not applicable in my case . should i fill Yes against 9C and do i need to fill CIT 0177E ?

rfasihi

Star Member
Aug 5, 2012
i have two question related to citizenship application.
1- i am in canada and eligible for applying for citizenship for my family and plan to submit my application this week. my famly PR card expire and waiting for receiving the renewed PR card. can i apply without valid PR card ( i can attached expired PR card with my application) or need to wait until i receive my PR card .

2- in application form , there is question 9 C whethe during eligiblity period do i live outside canada. which in my case is YES as i lived back home for 1 year.

This says if you say Yes , you need to fill CIT 0177E Reisidence outside of canada form . But when i am going to fill this form it says residence outside as crown servant or with crown servant. which is not applicable in my case . should i fill Yes against 9C and do i need to fill CIT 0177E ?
Hi Farhan, Same case with me, i marked as Yes, i took printout of forms and wrote comments that this form is not valid for me. I also memtioned this in cover letter. Seems worked well as i am now in knowledge test stage.. good luck, Riaz

Reactions: farhan_khan

Wolverine_NP

Feb 13, 2018
Champions I have a question, My application is under status received and I am currently required to relocate to U.S. due to my work requirement. In this case, do I need to Inform CIC and what is the recourse action on the application? I have a valid mailing address in Canada can travel back for any FP request, test etc.

Any insights?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Champions I have a question, My application is under status received and I am currently required to relocate to U.S. due to my work requirement. In this case, do I need to Inform CIC and what is the recourse action on the application? I have a valid mailing address in Canada can travel back for any FP request, test etc.

Any insights?
You must keep IRCC informed of changes of address, so you need to let them know your new home address.
If you can track the status of your application online then you may be able to update your address that way (I don't know if ecas allows entering an address abroad. If not you can call IRCC and inform the agent of your move and/or you can write a letter with the change of address).

You must have a Canadian mailing address, as they will not mail citizenship documents to addresses outside of Canada. Someone will need to keep an eye on that mailbox, as not all possible requests for information will be visible on the online status tracking site (and there are time constraints; you must respond in a timely manner or your application can be considered abandoned).

(Make sure to keep documentation about your eligibility period available in case IRCC wants you to provide it. Having it in storage or similarly hard to reach may just make your life harder if they ask for extra information.)

Reactions: Wolverine_NP

Wolverine_NP

Feb 13, 2018
You must keep IRCC informed of changes of address, so you need to let them know your new home address.
If you can track the status of your application online then you may be able to update your address that way (I don't know if ecas allows entering an address abroad. If not you can call IRCC and inform the agent of your move and/or you can write a letter with the change of address).

You must have a Canadian mailing address, as they will not mail citizenship documents to addresses outside of Canada. Someone will need to keep an eye on that mailbox, as not all possible requests for information will be visible on the online status tracking site (and there are time constraints; you must respond in a timely manner or your application can be considered abandoned).

(Make sure to keep documentation about your eligibility period available in case IRCC wants you to provide it. Having it in storage or similarly hard to reach may just make your life harder if they ask for extra information.)
thanks Btbt,

My Mailing address is in Canada and will remain the same and the mail box will be monitored. My Question is more around do I need to do PCC if am going away now ?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
thanks Btbt,

My Mailing address is in Canada and will remain the same and the mail box will be monitored. My Question is more around do I need to do PCC if am going away now ?
You don't need to provide a PCC (unless IRCC asks for one). The period that is relevant for the "183 or more days in one country means you need to provide a PCC" rule is the four years before you applied, not what you do next.

Reactions: Wolverine_NP

Wolverine_NP

Feb 13, 2018
You don't need to provide a PCC (unless IRCC asks for one). The period that is relevant for the "183 or more days in one country means you need to provide a PCC" rule is the four years before you applied, not what you do next.
Thank you for time and clarification :)