+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

rfasihi

Star Member
Aug 5, 2012
My brother has few business traveling, with permission of chamber of commerce, total days outside canada is 65 days. Can he count these days towards presence days. Since its business n with approval of chamber.
Any input from friends

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My brother has few business traveling, with permission of chamber of commerce, total days outside canada is 65 days. Can he count these days towards presence days. Since its business n with approval of chamber.
Any input from friends
Only crown servants can.

Found this definition online.

In this Act "Crown servant" means -

(a) a Minister of the Crown;
[(aa) a member of the Scottish Executive or a junior Scottish Minister;]
[(ab) the First Minister for Wales, a Welsh Minister appointed under section 48 of the Government of Wales Act 2006, the Counsel General to the Welsh Assembly Government or a Deputy Welsh Minister;]
(b) . . .
(c) any person employed in the civil service of the Crown, including Her Majesty's Diplomatic Service, Her Majesty's Overseas Civil Service, the civil service of Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Court Service;
(d) any member of the naval, military or air forces of the Crown, including any person employed by an association established for the purposes of [Part XI of the Reserve Forces Act 1996];
(e) any constable and any other person employed or appointed in or for the purposes of any police force [(including the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Police Service of Northern Ireland Reserve)][or of the Serious Organised Crime Agency];
(f) any person who is a member or employee of a prescribed body or a body of a prescribed class and either is prescribed for the purposes of this paragraph or belongs to a prescribed class of members or employees of any such body;
(g) any person who is the holder of a prescribed office or who is an employee of such a holder and either is prescribed for the purposes of this paragraph or belongs to a prescribed class of such employees.

Dece2017

Feb 11, 2018
Hi my application was received18 dec 2017.no aor yet.if by chance they will return the application what mailing address they will use to return that application.i am not presently living at that address on my cic file.if they will send the application back on the address I provided during the application then I m safe.please help.

Reactions: Mofi87

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi my application was received18 dec 2017.no aor yet.if by chance they will return the application what mailing address they will use to return that application.i am not presently living at that address on my cic file.if they will send the application back on the address I provided during the application then I m safe.please help.
They would mail it to the mailing address you provided on your application.

Haathee-mera-Saathee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Only crown servants can.

[(ab) the First Minister for Wales, a Welsh Minister appointed under section 48 of the Government of Wales Act 2006, the Counsel General to the Welsh Assembly Government or a Deputy Welsh Minister;]
(b) . . .
(c) any person employed in the civil service of the Crown, including Her Majesty's Diplomatic Service, Her Majesty's Overseas Civil Service, the civil service of Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Court Service;
(d) any member of the naval, military or air forces of the Crown, including any person employed by an association established for the purposes of [Part XI of the Reserve Forces Act 1996];
(e) any constable and any other person employed or appointed in or for the purposes of any police force [(including the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Police Service of Northern Ireland Reserve)][or of the Serious Organised Crime Agency];
(f) any person who is a member or employee of a prescribed body or a body of a prescribed class and either is prescribed for the purposes of this paragraph or belongs to a prescribed class of members or employees of any such body;
(g) any person who is the holder of a prescribed office or who is an employee of such a holder and either is prescribed for the purposes of this paragraph or belongs to a prescribed class of such employees.
YES!

faH

Apr 2, 2014
So I just realized that I did not write name on back of the photos in my package. Any suggestions? Should I sent new photos now. Thanks for any advice.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
So I just realized that I did not write name on back of the photos in my package. Any suggestions? Should I sent new photos now. Thanks for any advice.
If you're a single applicant, then extremely likely it would be fine (people reported their apps were accepted despite not writing their names on the back). If family applicant, then as long as you attached each applicants photos to their own forms, it may be accepted.

Photos need to be dated and name/address of studio on the back is a must however.

Reactions: faH

faH

Apr 2, 2014
If you're a single applicant, then extremely likely it would be fine (people reported their apps were accepted despite not writing their names on the back). If family applicant, then as long as you attached each applicants photos to their own forms, it may be accepted.

Photos need to be dated and name/address of studio on the back is a must however.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed then as I’m a single applicant and it did have the photographer stamp and date.

ravin

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
06-09-2013
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
Thanks for the reply. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed then as I’m a single applicant and it did have the photographer stamp and date.
I think you should be fine , If photos are attached to individual forms, I also did not write the names but had photos attached to individual application forms using U pin and I got my AoR , all the best !

Reactions: faH

rfasihi

Star Member
Aug 5, 2012
Only crown servants can.

(b) . . .
Many thanks for reply n valuable links, much appreciated

akapoor3

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010 (I AOR)
AOR Received.
09-02-2011 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent along with Documents on 25-01-2011
File Transfer...
IP on 03-05-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2013
Passport Req..
Sent on 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
Calgary
Finally I received AOR for the 3 family members on Sunday at 8am MST. Could you please update the spreadsheet(line 140).

Thanks

Montrealappl

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2146 & 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jul-2013
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
My application is "In process" as of Feb, 10th.
Please update the spreadsheet. Thanks!