+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

mannj

Dec 21, 2015
Can anybody send me the link for tracking sheet for citizenship.
I haven't received my AOR yet.

Haathee-mera-Saathee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Would you please provide the exact words for "stamped and dated" from the letter you received? just for others in the forum - information sake!
Kansri,

The letter was attached to the principals applications (stapled) and stated the the applications are deemed incomplete as the photographs need to be stamped and dated. We had just put names of applicants on the back. The photos were put in little plastic pouches which were glued to the first page of the applications - i.e. the first little box on the top right which says "For Official Use".

As mentioned earlier, I ring the IRCC Officer who passed me to a supervisor - it was agreed that it need not be stamped as I did not have a stamp and for studio photographs I will need to spend more than $80. She says the name of the person who took the photo, date taken and full name of person in photograph needs to be on the back - written - no stickers, etc.

As we need to sign the option 1 given - resubmit in the letter and sign it, I do not have that letter as it has gone back with the re-submission.

Option 2 given was to withdraw the application and seek a refund.

It was explained that passport photos need to be done at a studio and witness as "true likeness of person" by someone other than family member who knows the applicants.

For citizenship applications true likeness guarantee is not required.

civilengr

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/27/2014
AOR Received.
PER 01/28/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Additional docs requested : 03/06/2015. doc sent 03/20/2015 RPRF : 03/27/2015
Med's Request
03/28/2015
Med's Done....
04/07/2015 Medical recieved : 04/14/2015
Interview........
Decision Made : 05/30/2015
Passport Req..
06/02/2015
LANDED..........
06/25/2015
i have called CIC today to find out why is that I did not receive the AOR as I see others for the same date have received, and the response was that its very early to receive for the same date. but ideally its max 2 months by when it should be expected to receive the AOR and if not then call back us, he wants me to wait for another 2 days to 1 week to get the AOR. Fingers crossed.

Did she/he ask for your specific application or it was just a general answer?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Kansri,

The letter was attached to the principals applications (stapled) and stated the the applications are deemed incomplete as the photographs need to be stamped and dated. We had just put names of applicants on the back. The photos were put in little plastic pouches which were glued to the first page of the applications - i.e. the first little box on the top right which says "For Official Use".

As mentioned earlier, I ring the IRCC Officer who passed me to a supervisor - it was agreed that it need not be stamped as I did not have a stamp and for studio photographs I will need to spend more than $80. She says the name of the person who took the photo, date taken and full name of person in photograph needs to be on the back - written - no stickers, etc.

As we need to sign the option 1 given - resubmit in the letter and sign it, I do not have that letter as it has gone back with the re-submission.

Option 2 given was to withdraw the application and seek a refund.

It was explained that passport photos need to be done at a studio and witness as "true likeness of person" by someone other than family member who knows the applicants.

For citizenship applications true likeness guarantee is not required.
thank you for the clarification. There was a debate on if the photo needs to be stamped earlier - so i thought your letter wordings will help clarify.

Haathee-mera-Saathee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
thank you for the clarification. There was a debate on if the photo needs to be stamped earlier - so i thought your letter wordings will help clarify.
Also, when I went to the studio they clarified it too - only passport photos need to be done at studio and stamped - not citizenship ones

Haathee-mera-Saathee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Also, when I went to the studio they clarified it too - only passport photos need to be done at studio and stamped - not citizenship ones
I cannot see the word "STAMPED" anywhere

Photograph and head size specifications

• The face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, with the mouth closed.
  • If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
Specifications
  • The photographs must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
  • The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
  • If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
  • Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
  • You may wear non-tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
  • A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
  • If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.

• The frame size must be 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″).
  • The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
  • Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.
  • If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.

Haathee-mera-Saathee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
I cannot see the word "STAMPED" anywhere

• The face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, with the mouth closed.
Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
Specifications
  • The photographs must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
  • The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
  • If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
  • Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
  • You may wear non-tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
  • A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
  • If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.

• The frame size must be 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″).
  • The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
  • Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.

Passport Photo requirements: - need to be done by professionals / studio and also not necessary to stamp -

Passport photos

Photo specifications
Print the passport photo specifications for you or your photographer. (PDF, 652.38KB)

Make sure your photo has been taken within the last six months
Passport photo requirements have changed – archived. Your photos must be taken no more than six months before the date you submit your application.

Canadians living in the United States and abroad
Our requirements for passport photos are different from those in the United States and other countries. Photos for Canadian passports must be taken in person by a commercial photographer or studio. They must also comply with all of our photo requirements. If they don’t, we will reject your application.

Bring the Passport photo specifications to the photographer or studio to make sure they meet the correct photo requirements.

You must submit two (2) identical and unaltered photos with each passport application.

Photo requirements
Your passport photos must be:

• clear, sharp and in focus
  • taken with a neutral facial expression
    • eyes open and clearly visible
    • mouth closed, no smiling
  • taken in person by a commercial photographer or studio with:
    • uniform lighting and with no shadows, glare or flash reflections
    • face and shoulders to the camera: straight-on, centered and squared
    • a plain white or light-coloured background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
  • 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide X 2- 3/4 inches long)
    • the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)
  • an image of your current appearance, taken within the last six months
  • professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper
    • we don’t accept photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper
  • original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo
What is an altered photo?

An altered photo refers to any photo that has been edited or changed in any way, by any means, and includes:

• technical corrections or enhancements, such as:
    • adjustments to colour, brightness, contrast or sharpness
  • cropping around the subject’s head and shoulders, including:
    • cutting and pasting the subject against a white background
  • editing of the facial features, such as:
    • changing size or shape of eyes, nose, mouth or ears
  • editing to improve the appearance of the subject, such as:
    • removing glare
    • removing red-eye
    • changing hair colour
    • eliminating wrinkles, blemishes or birthmarks
  • editing the subject’s clothing, including changing colours
  • changing the background, including eliminating shadows
Back of photo details
The back of one photo must include:

• the photographer’s stamp or written information of the:
    • date the photo was taken
    • name and complete address of the photo studio
  • your guarantor’s:
    • clearly writing of "I certify this to be a true likeness of (applicant's name)"
    • signature (name and surname)
If you’re renewing an adult passport, you don’t need a guarantor.

Extra details
We accept photos with:

• glasses worn if:
    • your eyes are clearly visible
    • there is no glare on the lenses
  • hair down or up
  • hats and head coverings worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons if:
    • your full face is clearly visible
    • the head covering doesn’t cast shadows on your face
Photos may be in colour or in black and white

We don’t accept photos with:

• sunglasses or tinted eye glasses (even when the eyes are clearly visible)
  • red-eye effect or red-eye alterations
  • hats and head coverings not worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons
  • shadows, as lighting must be uniform to avoid shadows:
    • around the ears
    • in the background
    • across the face or shoulders
Child photos
Child photos must follow the same rules as standard passport photos. They must show your child's head and shoulders only. Parent's or child's hands must not appear in the photo.

For newborn babies, the photo may be taken while your child is sitting in a car seat, as long as:

• a white blanket is placed over the seat behind their head
  • there are no shadows:
    • around the ears
    • in the background
    • on the face or shoulders
We recognize the difficulty in getting a neutral expression from your newborn. We do allow some range for infant facial expressions.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you All for the awsome work making this forum a great source for answering updating and given support.
Please can you provide when your application recieved cec4111.
cec4111 Calgary Family (2) 1270 Dec 07, 2017 Dec 11, 2017 Jan 25, 2018

Dec 11 according to the sheet.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
My son Citizenship Application details.

Sent . December 18 2017
Rcvd . December 22 2017
AOR. January 31, 2018
Location. Mississauga
Days . 1104

SWASDEC02

Dec 4, 2017
Did she/he ask for your specific application or it was just a general answer?
Actually he didn't ask me the details but I provided him my uci number to verify and he took about 3 mins and said that he is searching and then he replied to me with the description I posted.

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
My application was delivered on December 1st and no AOC yet :D :(

I had just completed my required number of days (about 365x3 + 15 days) So, I'm thinking maybe they are verifying my eligibility? That's the only explanation that comes to my mind.