+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Hello everybody

I am truck driver and drive to united states .. my trips to there 2 to 3 days .. my question is that cic doesn’t count those days? The days i ll be there even doing up and down to there ?
You have to enter those trips into the calculator and it will tell you if they are "counted" as a "in-Canada" or "out of Canada" days.

Basically:
1) If you cross the border into the USA at noon on Monday and return to Canada at noon the next Tuesday - You count both days as "In Canada"
2) If you cross the border into the USA at noon on Monday and return to Canada at noon the next Wednesday - You count 2 days as "In Canada" [Monday & Wednesday] and one as "Out of Canada" [Tuesday].
3) Even simpler -- if you are in Canada for 1 minute in a day, it counts as a full day.

mauronico

Mar 20, 2013
Hi there,

I checked ECAS and now it says "In Process". "We started processing your application on January 30, 2018."

Any chance to know what office is processing my application? I am from Toronto. Hopefully, my application doesn't sit there collecting dust.
All the best.

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My AOR was received on 19th Jan 2018, however Ecas says 20th Jan 2018. Don't know how that worked out, but all good as long as there is an AOR.

Haathee-mera-Saathee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Where is the posts?
Saw it - when we found that the photogrpaher would cost $80 for four of us I rand CIC and after 42 minutes managed to get through. They said photos don't need to be dome at studio - just the size and quality plus name of person who took it, date taken, full name of each person on the back, 2 photos. They say I can do this with same photos and send back after signing for option 1

SWASDEC02

Dec 4, 2017
Hopefully we’ll received our AOR anytime soon. :(
i have called CIC today to find out why is that I did not receive the AOR as I see others for the same date have received, and the response was that its very early to receive for the same date. but ideally its max 2 months by when it should be expected to receive the AOR and if not then call back us, he wants me to wait for another 2 days to 1 week to get the AOR. Fingers crossed.