AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
they need to stamped
No they don't.

The need to have the name of the person, dated taken and who took it.
As I said before, one is entitled to take photographs themselves - even a selfi will do provided they meet the specifications. So, will an individual be required to get a "stamp" made? C'mon folks, wake up.

Here it is from CIC Website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html

Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
Specifications
  • The photographs must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
  • The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
  • If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
  • Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
  • You may wear non-tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
  • A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
  • If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.

ghapama

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
I see a lot of people with dates that are later compared to mine, but who have gotten AOR. I am still waiting for AOR. It makes me nervous, since a bunch of applications were lost in October and I hope this won't be a repeat of that?

Does anyone know how they email out the AORs? Do they do hand-entry of the email addresses? Can they have mistyped it?

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
No they don't.

The need to have the name of the person, dated taken and who took it. Bro don't get worked up ok in my letter from CIC it said stamped and dated
As I said before, one is entitled to take photographs themselves - even a selfi will do provided they meet the specifications. So, will an individual be required to get a "stamp" made? C'mon folks, wake up.

Here it is from CIC Website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html

Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
Specifications
  • The photographs must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
  • The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
  • If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
  • Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
  • You may wear non-tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
  • A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
  • If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
"The need to have the name of the person, dated taken and who took it".......ok and isn't that the same thing. Bro don't get worked up ok in my letter from CIC it said pics should be stamped and dated.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am still waiting for AOR...application received on 4th December by M Krszwda
My application was also received by M Krszwda on December 7, 2017.....still waiting for AOR. Please keep me posted with your progress. I am based in Brampton.

antonette28

Mar 17, 2016
Hi i need help. Please message me orcomment here. I just submitted my canadian citizenship application and I put under the name change that i did legal name change.i wanted to change my last name and use my husband's last name. So i submitted my marriage certificate from philippines. Will they acknowledge the last name change? Or will they return my application back? Because all my passport, ID are still my maiden name? Do i need to go firsto to service canada and change my last name? I am so confused now because i just realized today that they migjt not avknowledge it since all my documents are still on my maiden name. I just submitted my application jan. 22... Please help. Should i send a new application?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
depending on location - AOR to IP is usually 4-6 weeks. It could be slightly longer now due to surge in Oct applicants. In 24-28 hours after AOR - applicants usually get access to ECAS(only). Best bet is to look in the excel to figure out what is the avg for your location.
thanks for stepping in .. makes me feel better

addymaddy

May 26, 2015
Good Morning Everyone,

Got the AOR today by email. Below is my updated info:

Physical Presence:1,536.5 days
Application Sent: Dec 01 2017
Application Received: Dec 04 2017
Application Type: single
AOR received: Jan 25 2018

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks,
Ad

Reactions: Lianth

ghapama

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Did anyone here have their application signed by a Ryan L o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Yes!!! Me!!! I was wondering the same, good to know someone else's got signed by the same person too... I am paranoid that it didn't get delivered to the right place lol.

Lianth

Dec 9, 2017
No they don't as a lot of members had nothing on them.

And as mentioned - who stamps them if one does their photos themselves?

This answer is absolutely incorrect.

It clearly states it on the photograph specification, the same rules applied when going through PR.

• Print the name of the person on the back of the photos

Lianth

Dec 9, 2017
So many AOR's coming through now!! Exciting stuff!

Congratulations to everyone who has received them already :)

Zimgyal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Yes!!! Me!!! I was wondering the same, good to know someone else's got signed by the same person too... I am paranoid that it didn't get delivered to the right place lol.
I'm not ALONE then hahaha! When was your application delivered? Mine December 11th :(