+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

amre2005

Jan 17, 2018
sorry to hear that the app was returned. did you resend it yet? i have updated the notes in the tracker that it was returned on jan 19;
Sent it back to CIC today. Should I stay in the December doc, or should I move on to the Jan 2018 submitted applications?

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
Sent it back to CIC today. Should I stay in the December doc, or should I move on to the Jan 2018 submitted applications?
Question - did you send back just the missing portion of your application? Or a new application with new eligible residency day count?

amre2005

Jan 17, 2018
Question - did you send back just the missing portion of your application? Or a new application with new eligible residency day count?
Re-printed the exact same application with a fix for the error it had, and signed everything again. I did not change anything other than the missing question they asked for.

I included the returned application separately in the package, just in case they need something from it. I included a cover page explaining this.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
I was confused and replied Yes to "have you lived abroad during your eligibility period", so they said form CIT0177 is missing....which does not apply to me at all...because I am not a civil servant, nor a family member. So now I don't know if I should reprint the application page with "No" answered to the same question and an explanation letter, or send an entirely new application with new residency calculator. I called CIC and they said I don't need to pay fees again, but the woman on the phone said she was confused and it is best to submit a new application...anyone had a similar situation?
Ok
I understand, me too I send my application and discovered I put some erreur in the question 13, I miss to say yes or no, and I just put information about my franch citizenship but I forgot my birth country, because the question is not claire, I call the call center 3 times and each one give the different information what I need to do, one personne she told me te resent a new one with a letter.
When you send you application

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
Re-printed the exact same application with a fix for the error it had, and signed everything again. I did not change anything other than the missing question they asked for.

I included the returned application separately in the package, just in case they need something from it. I included a cover page explaining this.
great thank you, I won't do recalculation of citizenship days either then..... doesn't make sense. I'll just include the cover letter explaining the mistake...such a shame, losing 2 months of precious time :(

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
Ok
I understand, me too I send my application and discovered I put some erreur in the question 13, I miss to say yes or no, and I just put information about my franch citizenship but I forgot my birth country, because the question is not claire, I call the call center 3 times and each one give the different information what I need to do, one personne she told me te resent a new one with a letter.
When you send you application
I will resend it tomorrow, I will just include the cover page explaining I checked the wrong box :/