+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I 'm finalizing my application and I have a stupid question...
Registered mail is considered as normal post or Courier ? cause the address would be different.
thanks for the help
Registered mail is where you need a verification of receipt. So it *cannot* go to PO Box. PO Box is literally a box that is opened once a day by CIC.

I sent by regular mail to a PO Box (cost $2.95). So until I received my AOR, I was not sure if CIC received it or the package was lost. I kinda trusted Canada Post in this regard. It worked out for me.

If you need verification of receipt, then you pay additional $9 and send it to the other address where a human receives it and signs it. Got it?

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
By registered mail, do you mean Canada Post Xpresspost ? If so, then you can send it to either the PO box or courier address. I sent it to the PO Box. Regular mail (no tracking) by Canada Post goes to the PO box only.
That is not correct. If you send Xpresspost to PO Box, then its sort of useless as you wont get receipt verification. This beats the purpose of Xpresspost as the sender is really interested in receipt. Canada Post will also advice if you ask them.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
That is not correct. If you send Xpresspost to PO Box, then its sort of useless as you wont get receipt verification. This beats the purpose of Xpresspost as the sender is really interested in receipt. Canada Post will also advice if you ask them.
Nope, what you are saying is not correct. I sent my application through xpresspost to PO Box address. I did receive receipt verification. ;)

Reactions: ChippyBoy

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I got a signature for Xpresspost sent to PO Box. Signed by T Allen. I did the same for my PR application.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Nope, what you are saying is not correct. I sent my application through xpresspost to PO Box address. I did receive receipt verification. ;)
I got a signature for Xpresspost sent to PO Box. Signed by T Allen. I did the same for my PR application.
I stand with my general definition of PO box. I am confident that is how PO boxes work. see also below link -
https://www.google.ca/search?q=po+box+meaning&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA731CA731&oq=po+box+&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.7176j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=rental_fees_for_post&cattype=kb&cat=receiving&subcat=maildelivery

Why do you think would they have different addresses?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Well fact is it works in this case, which is what matters. I've tried it twice.

Here's proof:
https://imgur.com/a/ogrVx

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I am not saying your general definition of PO Box is wrong. What I am saying is in this case your are wrong that is even if you send your application to PO Box address using Xpresspost you will get confirmation of receipt. Peace

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I am not saying your general definition of PO Box is wrong. What I am saying is in this case your are wrong that is even if you send your application to PO Box address using Xpresspost you will get confirmation of receipt. Peace
Well fact is it works in this case, which is what matters. I've tried it twice.

Here's proof:
https://imgur.com/a/ogrVx
I am not refuting your claim, thats why I only stuck to my version of PO Box info. What I said was also told to me by a knowledgeable Canada Post rep.

Maybe CIC PO Box works differently. So *maybe* there is something else I am missing with CIC boxes. Lets call an end to this discussion.

To OP who asked the question,
You can make an informed decision based on this discussion.

hos

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Please add my wife timeline to spreadsheet
Name :fery
Physical Presence:1109 day
Application Sent: December 11
Application Received: December 13
Application Type: single
Vancouver

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Please add my wife timeline to spreadsheet
Name :fery
Physical Presence:1109 day
Application Received: December 13
Vancouver
Added under "hos". Difficult to track user ids that do not exist. Good luck

addymaddy

May 26, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Posting my details in here:
Physical Presence:1,536.5 days
Application Sent: Dec 01 2017
Application Received: Dec 04 2017
AOR received: Yet to be received

Thanks,
Ad

Urlana

Nov 4, 2017
Please add me to the list:

ID: Urlana
Presence: 1592 days
Application Type: Family
Application Received: December 14
================

Initially my application reached CIC office on 3rd November. I got application back on 28th November as I attached academic IELTS with application of my wife

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Posting my details in here:
Physical Presence:1,536.5 days
Application Sent: Dec 01 2017
Application Received: Dec 04 2017
AOR received: Yet to be received

Thanks,
Ad
Please add me to the list:

ID: Urlana
Presence: 1592 days
Application Type: Family
Application Received: December 14
================

Initially my application reached CIC office on 3rd November. I got application back on 28th November as I attached academic IELTS with application of my wife
Added both. Good luck!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
By registered mail, do you mean Canada Post Xpresspost ? If so, then you can send it to either the PO box or courier address. I sent it to the PO Box. Regular mail (no tracking) by Canada Post goes to the PO box only.
Agreed. My wife's application was mailed to to the PO BOX using Xpresspost. We got delivery confirmation.

Also, when I applied for Citizenship in 2013, I mailed my application to the PO BOX using Xpresspost with signature requested. It was delivered fine and I got my citizenship 7 months later.

From what I have heard, Xpresspost is the only courier-like service that can get mailed to a PO BOX. Other private courier companies must use the specific courier address.