+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
My ECAS has an update today (20-Jun-2018) after AOR on February 10, 2018.:

"We sent you correspondence on June 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

Does this mean a Fingerprint request? I am a Brampton applicant, did anyone get the same message on ECAS?
Most probably yes, It is FP request.

SKGN

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,
Our application is in process since March 2nd
we received FP request on Apr 10th
Done our FPs on April 28th
Haven't heard back anything yet regarding test. Is this timeline normal?
I am starting to get worried.

Wolverine_NP

Feb 13, 2018
Guys have a query, can you go out of Country while application is in process. I might have re-locate for work but my family continues to stay in the current address and will be able to monitor the mails and files sent.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Guys have a query, can you go out of Country while application is in process. I might have re-locate for work but my family continues to stay in the current address and will be able to monitor the mails and files sent.
Yes you can travel out of country while your application is in process. If you can’t make it back on your test date you can request for another test date once you receive the first one.

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hi,
Yes your timeline is within the 12 months.

ghapama

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Had my citizenship test today (invitation was received May 31st). Scored 20/20.

The agent asked me some questions about my name, my date of birth, when I landed in Canada (seemed to be quizzing me to verify my identity). He asked me where I live, what I do, whether I travel often, whether I have family in Canada, he flipped through my two passports, asked me what I had used to determine the travel dates (put a few checkmarks on the travel dates, seemingly randomly), and asked me what my last travel date was (which he verified by looking for the stamp in my passport). He looked at my PR card, asked if that was the only PR card I've received, looked at my cards, checked the changed address on my driver's license (on the back). He asked me if I've done my taxes, I said yes, and he said, you did them yourself? I said yes. He didn't seem to believe me? So I said, did you want to see them? (I had taken everything with me. Literally all my life was in that big folder I had taken). He said no, it's fine.

He then said congratulations you got 20/20, said everything seems in order, asked me to sign a paper (not sure what it was, I was too elated when he said I had 20/20 and that I will receive the invitation for oath, and just signed it). He said will update your file on the system, and you should receive invitation for the oath ceremony within 4 months (!) and if you have big travel plans in the meantime, to please inform IRCC.

He did not even look at my landing record??

Reactions: kaladhar

Zimgyal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Had my citizenship test today (invitation was received May 31st). Scored 20/20.

The agent asked me some questions about my name, my date of birth, when I landed in Canada (seemed to be quizzing me to verify my identity). He asked me where I live, what I do, whether I travel often, whether I have family in Canada, he flipped through my two passports, asked me what I had used to determine the travel dates (put a few checkmarks on the travel dates, seemingly randomly), and asked me what my last travel date was (which he verified by looking for the stamp in my passport). He looked at my PR card, asked if that was the only PR card I've received, looked at my cards, checked the changed address on my driver's license (on the back). He asked me if I've done my taxes, I said yes, and he said, you did them yourself? I said yes. He didn't seem to believe me? So I said, did you want to see them? (I had taken everything with me. Literally all my life was in that big folder I had taken). He said no, it's fine.

He then said congratulations you got 20/20, said everything seems in order, asked me to sign a paper (not sure what it was, I was too elated when he said I had 20/20 and that I will receive the invitation for oath, and just signed it). He said will update your file on the system, and you should receive invitation for the oath ceremony within 4 months (!) and if you have big travel plans in the meantime, to please inform IRCC.

He did not even look at my landing record??
Congrats!!!! I'm still waiting on my invite SMH! Looks like Mississauga really drags URRGH!!

Reactions: ghapama

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Update my row:
Test invite: May 23
Test date: Jun 18
Decision made: Jun 19

mh.sk

Jan 29, 2018
Just wondering how long it takes for status change to "Decision Made" after citizenship test in Saskatoon. I had my test on 14th of June this and status is still IP. Will appreciate your replies. THANKS

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hi,
Similar situation....
Mine in IP since March 20th.
No news since.

capgu2018

Jan 22, 2018
Please update my details :

Test invitation date: May 23rd
Test/Interview date: May 31st
Decision made : June 6th

Thanks!!

kwtangerine

Oct 14, 2016
My application has been in process since Feb 13, I am Vancouver applicant. Is anyone in the same boat?

I tried calling CIC 2 weeks ago and after numerous attempts and long wait, I finally got connected. The rep said that my application was already transferred to Vancouver office and that I just had to wait to get the test invite. But the waiting has been excruciatingly long with no end in sight.. I am starting to get frustrated.. :(