FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
Sent on 07-01-2017 SA...............:12-01-2017
File Transfer...
12-01-2017 AOR2...........: 02-02-2017 CSQ Filed....: 18-01-2017 CSQ Received: 05-04-2017
Med's Done....
07-12-2016 upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not Needed Bg Check......: 26-08-2017 DM...............: 29-09-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
I'm linked to both. Nothing is happening.
You mean there's nothing written at all? You haven't received aor?

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
angel4life08 said:
You mean there's nothing written at all? You haven't received aor?
Oh, no, sorry. They're processing my application. Beyond that there's been nothing and there's no reason I can think of why I shouldn't have SA by now. I see people being pushed through almost immediately after submitting their apps and it's been weeks for us. I keep thinking everything is fine because they haven't contacted me asking for anything or wanting clarification about something in my app, but if everything is fine, why I haven't I been approved yet? I suppose it's a possibility we've been forgotten and they've simply moved on to other people. I don't know.

Alayambo

Dec 29, 2016
I think I read somewhere that they start processing applications in groups, and only move on to the next group when all apps in the first are done. Maybe that's why there are such big differences in processing times? It would explain why there is a bunch of updates at once and then nothing for a while.

When my husband and I started this process, we went into it with the expectation and acceptance that it could be a full year before it was over; giving up after 2 months seems very impatient and almost suspicious to me. Chill out, people! :eek:

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Alayambo said:
I think I read somewhere that they start processing applications in groups, and only move on to the next group when all apps in the first are done. Maybe that's why there are such big differences in processing times? It would explain why there is a bunch of updates at once and then nothing for a while.

When my husband and I started this process, we went into it with the expectation and acceptance that it could be a full year before it was over; giving up after 2 months seems very impatient and almost suspicious to me. Chill out, people! :eek:
Well, maybe, but that doesn't really explain why some of us are left languishing without a word.

My app was sent in December and received the beginning of January. According to the January spreadsheet, most of the people whose applications fall in that time frame have received SA. I haven't and I don't know why. This makes me understandably anxious. I assume novascotia_addict feels the same way. It's not about lacking patience, it's about being worried because we don't know what's going on.

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
Well, maybe, but that doesn't really explain why some of us are left languishing without a word.

My app was sent in December and received the beginning of January. According to the January spreadsheet, most of the people whose applications fall in that time frame have received SA. I haven't and I don't know why. This makes me understandably anxious. I assume novascotia_addict feels the same way. It's not about lacking patience, it's about being worried because we don't know what's going on.
Sorry to hear, I know I was frantic and panicky before we received SA. Hoping the gov't gets back to you soon, 2 months is an outrageous time for SA... on the other hand, I've read cases where things move rapidly after falling behind in certain processes, so hopefully it was just a forgetful officer who hasn't updated your file. Maybe you should consider ordering your GCMS notes if you have your application #? I have even though our process is going a lot smoother than yours ???

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
CanadianZenGirl said:

I'm sure it feels bad to be stuck on stage 1 - but before you do anything rash, remember that as recently as June 2016, taking two months for SA was normal. It happened to everyone. Some took three months or more. And looking at sheets, even though now a lot of people are getting SA in 15, 20 days, overall times don't seem to be changing much - the queues are just getting longer for the next section instead.

You may for whatever reason just be having a process that was par for the course six months ago, with a slower stage 1 and faster stage 2. Until they tell you something - they need info, or something's wrong - try not to worry about it.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Thanks for the support. :)

Before discovering this forum, I had read on the immigration website that it takes about two months to check out the sponsor and I was fine with that. Then I started seeing people here getting SA so quickly. None of the things that cause denial as a sponsor apply to me, but not knowing for sure gets very hard to deal with as the weeks pass. In my real (off-line) life, I am putting on a positive attitude so that I don't worry my husband. This is the only place where I can be worried, where I can vent and people understand even if they can't help.

I do try not to think about it too much and I only bother checking e-CAS once a week now.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
CanadianZenGirl said:

I feel for you! I just think that anytime you deal with Canadian Government civil servants, you have to have patience x 1000!

I hope you hear something soon!

TypeR

Feb 6, 2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
Thanks for the support. :)

Before discovering this forum, I had read on the immigration website that it takes about two months to check out the sponsor and I was fine with that. Then I started seeing people here getting SA so quickly. None of the things that cause denial as a sponsor apply to me, but not knowing for sure gets very hard to deal with as the weeks pass. In my real (off-line) life, I am putting on a positive attitude so that I don't worry my husband. This is the only place where I can be worried, where I can vent and people understand even if they can't help.

I do try not to think about it too much and I only bother checking e-CAS once a week now.
I know how you feel. They received my app on Dec20th. I just received my SA a week ago. I was panicking as well. Don't worry, you will hear the positive news soon. They may have even gone to the next stage and may be forgot to send you the SA. Every officer/agent is different at CIC.

Good Luck . Stay Positive.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
TypeR said:
I know how you feel. They received my app on Dec20th. I just received my SA a week ago. I was panicking as well. Don't worry, you will hear the positive news soon. They may have even gone to the next stage and may be forgot to send you the SA. Every officer/agent is different at CIC.

Good Luck . Stay Positive.
Thanks. I'm trying my best!

Nothing has changed at MyCIC, either, so we're in limbo for now. Tom Petty was definitely right when he said the waiting is the hardest part. ;D

kj4108

Jan 16, 2017
Hi guys, I got a question here... I am a Canadian citizen and sponsoring my wife from Japan.. The manila office has started my wife's application on December 28th and today i just got an email saying that the Manila VO is asking my wife to provide her police check from Japan. Does it mean that we are getting closer to receiving her PR? Or am I thinking too much???

raj23

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
kj4108 said:
Hi guys, I got a question here... I am a Canadian citizen and sponsoring my wife from Japan.. The manila office has started my wife's application on December 28th and today i just got an email saying that the Manila VO is asking my wife to provide her police check from Japan. Does it mean that we are getting closer to receiving her PR? Or am I thinking too much???

It could be but you never know. have you sent the medical already? because I sent my wife medical and pcc with application and a month ago they asked me to pay the landing fee(RPRF) and I am still waiting......

kj4108

Jan 16, 2017
raj23 said:
It could be but you never know. have you sent the medical already? because I sent my wife medical and pcc with application and a month ago they asked me to pay the landing fee(RPRF) and I am still waiting......
Ya i paid everything up front and she did the medical upfront as well.. We sent out our application on December 13th and my SA was approved on December 22nd and they said they started working on her application on the 28th.. So hoping this means that she is getting her PR soon...

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
kj4108 said:
Ya i paid everything up front and she did the medical upfront as well.. We sent out our application on December 13th and my SA was approved on December 22nd and they said they started working on her application on the 28th.. So hoping this means that she is getting her PR soon...
Did you include your Police Certificate with the application up front or no?

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2017 / ECAS DM: 06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 17-04-2017
kj4108 said:
You should try checking the other group on this forum.. NEW Manila visa office philippine spouse/family visa applicants. That forum is very helpful as well. It all talks about applications processed in manila :)