Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
Finally got SA approval letter. However ECAS only shows applicant "In-progress". Tried to link in MyCIC, no luck. What combinations people using to link? Im sponsor.

Thanks!

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
prvc said:
Hi. Were you able to try using the PA's info?
Hi, yes, tried with both mine and PA information. No luck.

novascotia_addict

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
File Transfer...
14-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2017
Any new SA's over the last few days?
I'm still waiting and my application is nervously long.

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
Hey guys
I just checked my ecas and it says decision made for SA

But I never got an email.. im having a small heart attack rn..

Did you guys get an email first or the other way around?

Joel0724

May 19, 2016
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
November 29, 2016
AOR Received.
December 13, 2016
File Transfer...
December 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 4, 2016
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2017
oneesaenv said:
Hey guys
I just checked my ecas and it says decision made for SA

But I never got an email.. im having a small heart attack rn..

Did you guys get an email first or the other way around?
decision made first in ecas and then i got an email for SA later that day

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
Joel0724 said:
decision made first in ecas and then i got an email for SA later that day
Thank you! That's great to hear! :')

Updated: I finally got SA!

Instead of being processed in Paris as we thought, they're transferring the application to Ottawa
I have no idea what this means for us, but I hope it's good!

SKgirl1991

Jan 27, 2017
Helllllllllo! :D

I'm new to the forum, so please be patient with me hehe! My husband is from Tunisia, and I'm a prairie girl. We got married July 26th, 2016 and our application was received December 30th, "processing" started January 14th. Still waiting to be approved and it's truly nerve wracking!

I wish everyone the best of luck, and sending lots of positive energy. I'm so glad that I have others to be excited/nervous with! :D :D :D

Canada medic

Jan 12, 2017
I notice a lot of persons getting their SA. I guess that means that they are satisfied with your plans to return to Canada when your spouse gets PR.

Question: what are you all using as proof of your return to Canada with your spouse? This is the part I am having problems with.

angel4life08

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
Sent on 07-01-2017 SA...............:12-01-2017
File Transfer...
12-01-2017 AOR2...........: 02-02-2017 CSQ Filed....: 18-01-2017 CSQ Received: 05-04-2017
Med's Done....
07-12-2016 upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not Needed Bg Check......: 26-08-2017 DM...............: 29-09-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
Canada medic said:
I notice a lot of persons getting their SA. I guess that means that they are satisfied with your plans to return to Canada when your spouse gets PR.

Question: what are you all using as proof of your return to Canada with your spouse? This is the part I am having problems with.
I am the sponsor and I have been living with my husband in India for the last 2 and half year. As proofs of returning back to Canada I sent:
-Canadian bank account statement showing that I have an open account in Canada
-Credit card statement showing that I still use my card even though I'm living abroad
-Emails from my mother and sister where they wrote how impatiently they are waiting for us and that they are ready to keep us at their place and even hep us financially if needed
-Chat history with family and friends where I tell them about my intentions of going back to Canada and how they will help me find a place to stay for when I return with my family
-Search history of appartements, jobs, day care (for my baby)
-Bank statement showing where I am showing that I have been paying for my Canadian driving license to keep it active for when I return to Canada
-A letter where I wrote how living here (In India) is getting hard for me and my family due to health issues we are having, the pollution...

That's all I can remember for now... :)

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2016 (AOR1) 28-03-2017 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
novascotia_addict said:
Any new SA's over the last few days?
I'm still waiting and my application is nervously long.
We received our SA today!!!
File has been transferred to Mexico VO
It seems that Dec applications are moving faster ;)

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Few questions for you my seniors in this topic:-

1. I have PR and my Gf is in India. I want to do court marriage and apply for her spouse sponsorship. Is it possible to have court marriage and get her name changed on passport and then apply ? (Will do some a small celebration to show the pictures)

2. I am planning to do the traditional marriage once she gets the PR. Is this a correct step?

3. Is INLAND process better or OUTLAND?

Please guys help me if anyone has any idea. My main motive is to bring her to Canada ASAP after traditional marriage.
If anyone has did the same, please share your views.

Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Canada medic

Jan 12, 2017
angel4life08 said:
I am the sponsor and I have been living with my husband in India for the last 2 and half year. As proofs of returning back to Canada I sent:
-Canadian bank account statement showing that I have an open account in Canada
-Credit card statement showing that I still use my card even though I'm living abroad
-Emails from my mother and sister where they wrote how impatiently they are waiting for us and that they are ready to keep us at their place and even hep us financially if needed
-Chat history with family and friends where I tell them about my intentions of going back to Canada and how they will help me find a place to stay for when I return with my family
-Search history of appartements, jobs, day care (for my baby)
-Bank statement showing where I am showing that I have been paying for my Canadian driving license to keep it active for when I return to Canada
-A letter where I wrote how living here (In India) is getting hard for me and my family due to health issues we are having, the pollution...

That's all I can remember for now... :)

Thank you. Even I am convinced! I don't have any of that but I guess I can write a letter. Its been a long time since my sponsor left canada

Canada medic

Jan 12, 2017
My sponsor will write a letter explaining our intentions. Apart from that, we don't have much else to show proof of intent to return. Family doesn't live in canada. We don't have Canadian bank account. My sponsor, who was born in Canada, left Canada after she graduated university.