AOR Received.
18/02/2016
File Transfer...
07/03/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
07/05/2016
Congratulations!! So happy for you and I really hope we get ours soon as well ;)

Sponsor's side of ECAS stays "in process", so from now on you just want to be checking PA's side ;)
What's next is PA's side of the eCas will go "in process", and then "medical received" line should also be added at some point. From what I hear Ottawa doesn't send AOR2 so just keep your eye on eCas changes ;D

Again congrats!

sorella78

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2015
AOR Received.
18/02/2016
File Transfer...
07/03/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
07/05/2016
ConfusedCouple said:
Also I believe the spreadsheet needs to be fixed? Under "No of Days since SA" it says -1 under mine lol.
The spreadsheet has been fixed for you 8)

ConfusedCouple

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 01 2016
sorella78 said:
Congratulations!! So happy for you and I really hope we get ours soon as well ;)

Sponsor's side of ECAS stays "in process", so from now on you just want to be checking PA's side ;)
What's next is PA's side of the eCas will go "in process", and then "medical received" line should also be added at some point. From what I hear Ottawa doesn't send AOR2 so just keep your eye on eCas changes ;D

Again congrats!
Thank you Sorella78. I hope you guys get yours soon as well!

When we received AOR, PA's side already had 2 lines (application received and medical received). Does that mean anything or am I looking too deep into it?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
F.M said:
ohhhh i know its really very frustrating.mine just crossed 5 days and i am feeling like drowning.hope this wait ends soon in a good way.
it took around 9 days for LVO to start processing PA, and then they took another 3 days to update ecas. so in total, expect to wait around 12 days before you see "in progress" for PA.

sorella78

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2015
AOR Received.
18/02/2016
File Transfer...
07/03/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
07/05/2016
ConfusedCouple said:

When we received AOR, PA's side already had 2 lines (application received and medical received). Does that mean anything or am I looking too deep into it?
Great! That means you already have 2 lines (app received + medical received). Now wait for the 3rd line that says "in process" and that one should be added soon, you can check the spreadsheet to see how many days it usually takes. As mentioned Ottawa doesn't send out AOR2, however 3 lines under your PA's eCas is effectively an AOR2 ;) keep us posted on your progress :)

sorella78

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2015
AOR Received.
18/02/2016
File Transfer...
07/03/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
07/05/2016
ConfusedCouple said:
Thanks, I really don't know why it's taking so long to get our SA... oh well :-[
Hopefully by the end of this week all the rest of us still waiting are finally approved ;)

ConfusedCouple

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 01 2016
sorella78 said:
Thanks, I really don't know why it's taking so long to get our SA... oh well :-[
Hopefully by the end of this week all the rest of us still waiting are finally approved ;)
Base off of our timelines our apps we're received the same day, but you received AOR 2 days before me. You will be getting your SA very soon ;D

ESUJ

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
sorella78 said:
Great! That means you already have 2 lines (app received + medical received). Now wait for the 3rd line that says "in process" and that one should be added soon, you can check the spreadsheet to see how many days it usually takes. As mentioned Ottawa doesn't send out AOR2, however 3 lines under your PA's eCas is effectively an AOR2 ;) keep us posted on your progress :)
In my case (for PR Application status) they just exchanged the "application received" into "in process"; they didn't add an extra line... should it be an extra line?
I'm confused whether I'm checking the right thing.

Does anyone know when they would be asking for additional documents if any?
And is AOR2 sent by email, or is it just an update on eCas? Does AOR2 mean that the application arrived in Vienna?

Thanks guys :)

sorella78

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2015
AOR Received.
18/02/2016
File Transfer...
07/03/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
07/05/2016
ConfusedCouple said:
Base off of our timelines our apps we're received the same day, but you received AOR 2 days before me. You will be getting your SA very soon ;D
Thanks, we are hopeful this is the week when we finally get our SA so we can move on to the stage 2 of our processing :)

ESUJ said:
In my case (for PR Application status) they just exchanged the "application received" into "in process"; they didn't add an extra line... should it be an extra line?
I'm confused whether I'm checking the right thing.

Does anyone know when they would be asking for additional documents if any?
And is AOR2 sent by email, or is it just an update on eCas? Does AOR2 mean that the application arrived in Vienna?
There seems to be quite a lot of confusion when it comes to different stages of processing, namely AOR1 and AOR2 and everything that happens in between and after. Not sure why as it's been explained quite a few times but it only seems to confuse people even more ;D

Basically applications are being processed in TWO stages.

Stage 1 is the Sponsorship assessment part done in CIC-Mississauga, upon receipt of the application package they will send an AOR1 and once the sponsor is approved the SA will follow. Sponsor's side of eCas remains "in process" and there is no need to be checking it anymore as your file will now be transferred to VO for further processing, so you want to start checking your PR side of the eCas.

Stage 2 is the Principal applicant's assessment done in VO (this is where they do the background/security checks, genuinity of the relationship etc.). Your entire file will be scanned and e-transferred to your Visa office and this is when you start seeing status changes in your PA's side of eCas. Ideally we want to see 3 lines there: Application received + in process + medical received. Some VO's send out AOR2, that is an Acknowledgement of Receipt 2, however many VO's do NOT send this email and your 3 lines are effectively your AOR2. If you have done your medical exam upfront it will be matched to your file and you will see Medical received line added on your PA side.

Of course you may notice additional lines there as well such as request for more docs, or we have sent you correspondence, etc.., or you simply may not have the ideal 3 lines (as ESUJ mentioned). Keep in mind we are being processed by different VO's all over the world and they all work a bit differently.. I say best is to go by common sense obviously 'App in process' means they have indeed received it so no worries ;)

From this point on keep your eyes on eCas, wait for DM, and then PPR (or if you are from a visa exempt country you will receive CoPR by post).

Sorry for a long post I've been getting PM's on this a lot, so hopefully this clears out some confusion, maybe others can add some wisdom to my blabbering ;D
Good luck and fast processing to everyone ;)

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
sorella78 said:
Your entire file will be scanned and e-transferred to your Visa office and this is when you start seeing status changes in your PA's side of eCas.
how do they scan and e-transfer supporting docs such as proof of relationship? some people send in box loads of proof.

sorella78

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2015
AOR Received.
18/02/2016
File Transfer...
07/03/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
07/05/2016
flx2015 said:
how do they scan and e-transfer supporting docs such as proof of relationship? some people send in box loads of proof.
Well, if they find the proof to be excessive they shred it. For example 500 pages of chat logs or txt messages is probably excessive. When it comes to proof of relationship they are looking for quality over quantity, basically enough evidence to show the relationship is indeed genuine and some background on how it developed.

This also brings up another point - staples. Files are scanned and this is one of the reasons staples are not desirable as removing them is very time consuming (even though the guide doesn't strictly forbid them, instead it suggest the use of paper clips).

Eichel

Jan 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
2016-17-02
File Transfer...
SA 3-3-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
ConfusedCouple said:
  • We received SA today around noon! Just checked our eCas and Sponsor's Status is still 'In Process'.
  • This has most likely been asked multiple times, but what now? Do we wait for AOR2?

Also I believe the spreadsheet needs to be fixed? Under "No of Days since SA" it says -1 under mine lol.
Congrats! Still no SA today!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
sorella78 said:
Well, if they find the proof to be excessive they shred it.
and does that happen at the CPC in mississauga? also, what happens to the original documents i sent in? i gave them my original marriage certificate because that's what was required of me, and i thought i'd be getting it back at some point. i even gave them actual wedding invitation cards... i wanted to keep these things as memorabilia to remember that special day.

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016
flx2015 said:
and does that happen at the CPC in mississauga? also, what happens to the original documents i sent in? i gave them my original marriage certificate because that's what was required of me, and i thought i'd be getting it back at some point. i even gave them actual wedding invitation cards... i wanted to keep these things as memorabilia to remember that special day.
You will get those documents back like marriage certificate and education documents. Remember, we are specifically talking about excessive relationship proof like chatlogs, phone calls, emails, facebook chat, facetime etc.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
CofRed said:
You will get those documents back like marriage certificate and education documents. Remember, we are specifically talking about excessive relationship proof like chatlogs, phone calls, emails, facebook chat, facetime etc.
ah, that's good to hear. still, i was hoping that those logs/emails would get to the overseas VO before being shredded. what i sent was excessive, but i wanted them to read at least one page of it before throwing it away.