+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2015 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
flx2015 said:
i'm feeling a whole lot more optimistic about this whole thing now that i know they've started processing my wife's PR app at LVO. i have a question though, when she finally does get her COPR, how long will it be valid for?
1yr past the medical date

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
ayrazar said:
1yr past the medical date
so if she did her medical in nov 2015, then copr expires on nov 2016? that seems a little tight. it's fine by us though, so long as LVO gets their part done before way before november.

Capin

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2016...........AOR2 received May 3 -2016
File Transfer...
SA 22-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/17/2017
LANDED..........
01/23/2017
now Im confused too, cause I receved AOR on February the 2nd but no SA yet, but when I check ecas the PR side has changed to IP but only says we have received the app on xxx, called CIC and they told me I have been approved but no physical SA yet, so I dont understand what is going on :eek:

2013Surrey

Apr 24, 2014
My wife's PR application has an "in process" status. And when I click on the "in process" button, it shows the following 2 lines:

1) We received X's application for permanent residence on December 8, 2015.
2) Medical results have been received.

Does this mean that the New Delhi visa office has received the PR application, but they have not started working on it yet? And if so, do you know how much time it takes before the local visa office starts working on files?

Thanks!

arts aces

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 2015 Upfront
I have a question that Ive been wanting to ask. In the December outland spreedsheet, there is a column that says AOR2. What exactly is AOR2? Ive trued searching for it but it doesnt fully explain it. Also, i have read from somewhere that once they ask for your passport, it is automatically a Visa. Theyll never do PPR if they will just deny the spousal sponsorship. How true is this? Thanks

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
Okay, the following post is ONLY WHAT I'VE BEEN ABLE TO GLEAN. I'm not God, just been on the forums a lot.

REGARDING IN PROCESS/AOR2/PPR

IP - When the APPLICANT status changes from application received to In Process, it means the file has been transfered to the second VO for PR processing. When the line 'started processing xxxxx's app on...' shows up, it means someone is actively working on the file (equivalent of AOR2)

AOR2- Remember AOR1 from Mississauga? This is the same, but for the second VO which processes the PR section. The same way AOR1 meant Mississauga had the app and was working on it, thus why SA comes soon afterward, AOR2 means someone physically has it in their hot little hands. Not every VO gives AOR2. This is why I count the 'started processing on' line under PR when In Process as AOR2 (see above)

PPR- For non visa-exempt countries, PPR is when they ask for your passport to stamp it with the visa to enter Canada and land. When you get it back, it's the same as getting a COPR is you are visa exempt. So, say India would get (a)a request to send their passport, then after awhile (b) the passport back int he mail stamped with the visa. An American just gets (b) in the form of a COPR. SO yeah, I can't think of a reason you'd be refused after PPR. Unless there was something wrong with your passport.

Clear as mud? Any other questions?

alicar

Aug 16, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/12/2015
AOR Received.
05/02/2016
File Transfer...
17-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
ayrazar said:
Okay, the following post is ONLY WHAT I'VE BEEN ABLE TO GLEAN. I'm not God, just been on the forums a lot.

IP - When the APPLICANT status changes from application received to In Process, it means the file has been transfered to the second VO for PR processing. When the line 'started processing xxxxx's app on...' shows up, it means someone is actively working on the file (equivalent of AOR2)

AOR2- Remember AOR1 from Mississauga? This is the same, but for the second VO which processes the PR section. The same way AOR1 meant Mississauga had the app and was working on it, thus why SA comes soon afterward, AOR2 means someone physically has it in their hot little hands. Not every VO gives AOR2. This is why I count the 'started processing on' line under PR when In Process as AOR2 (see above)

PPR- For non visa-exempt countries, PPR is when they ask for your passport to stamp it with the visa to enter Canada and land. When you get it back, it's the same as getting a COPR is you are visa exempt. So, say India would get (a)a request to send their passport, then after awhile (b) the passport back int he mail stamped with the visa. An American just gets (b) in the form of a COPR. SO yeah, I can't think of a reason you'd be refused after PPR. Unless there was something wrong with your passport.

got it thank you

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
2013Surrey said:
My wife's PR application has an "in process" status. And when I click on the "in process" button, it shows the following 2 lines:

1) We received X's application for permanent residence on December 8, 2015.
2) Medical results have been received.

Does this mean that the New Delhi visa office has received the PR application, but they have not started working on it yet? And if so, do you know how much time it takes before the local visa office starts working on files?

Thanks!
Hi there, Yes rest asure they got received your file, and rest asure that they will be sendin you SA At the edn of this month
i mean Sponsor aproval, and then they will foward to Visa Ofice,

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
flx2015 said:
i'm feeling a whole lot more optimistic about this whole thing now that i know they've started processing my wife's PR app at LVO. i have a question though, when she finally does get her COPR, how long will it be valid for?
The COPR Letter will have that Info, its not the same for everybody,

djaya

Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016
AOR Received.
Feb. 2016
File Transfer...
Feb. 2016
Med's Request
Oct. 2016(Re-medical)
Med's Done....
Oct. 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov. 10, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey guys, on the applicant side status changed to In Process but I didn't still receive the official sponsor approval email from CIC.

So as this means my spouse's file has been transferred to the VO. Does anyone know if they send correspondence once they've actually started working on the application? If so, will it go to the sponsor or the applicant?

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
djaya said:
Hey guys, on the applicant side status changed to In Process but I didn't still receive the official sponsor approval email from CIC.

So as this means my spouse's file has been transferred to the VO. Does anyone know if they send correspondence once they've actually started working on the application? If so, will it go to the sponsor or the applicant?
Some Visa offices send an AOR2, correspondence like you got from Missisauga, some don't.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Hi guys, No SA today either :'( I called CIC this morning (and they are open, I was wrong, I thought they would be closed due to family day) and they said that Mississauga office is still investigating and will make a decision if I qualify for SA or not. So my question is, what kind of investigation would they be doing? What would be a qualifier? I thought I met (and exceeded) all of the requirements listed on their website. I also inquired if my application would be sent back and they said no but only a decision would be made. I'm so nervous and anxious and worried. What should I do? :'(

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
Landing_PR said:
Hi guys, No SA today either :'( I called CIC this morning (and they are open, I was wrong, I thought they would be closed due to family day) and they said that Mississauga office is still investigating and will make a decision if I qualify for SA or not. So my question is, what kind of investigation would they be doing? What would be a qualifier? I thought I met (and exceeded) all of the requirements listed on their website. I also inquired if my application would be sent back and they said no but only a decision would be made. I'm so nervous and anxious and worried. What should I do? :'(
Aww. Chin up, maybe there's something they just have to verify.. Fingers are crossed for you. I'm really not sure what it means but it ain't over. it's still very possible you'll get SA soon.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
ayrazar said:
Aww. Chin up, maybe there's something they just have to verify.. Fingers are crossed for you. I'm really not sure what it means but it ain't over. it's still very possible you'll get SA soon.
Thanks friend...this is driving me crazy!

Because I'm so obsessed, I called CIC yet again! They told me that my envelope was opened on feb 7th so wait until February 24 to see if I receive anything. If not to call back. :'(

arts aces

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 2015 Upfront
Thank you so much for clearing things up. Appreciate it. I hope I get to receive my AOR and eventually my SA soon.
ayrazar said: