27/07/2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/10/2014
LaLa320 said:
Glad it worked out for you
Thanks LaLa,

But still I'm confused. Let me put you in the picture. I filed my application on 12th of December. I received a letter on 28th Feb, requesting for CSQ but there was nothing about the sponsor qualification or approval. Also, on top of the letter it was saying INLAND instead of Outland. So I called CIC and they told me that I have to ignore this letter and wait for the SA. On 3rd of March we received a letter confirming the receipt of the application, which I suppose to be the correct AOR. And nothing after that. I'm starting to think maybe I had to apply for the CSQ with that first letter as apparently they have changed their procedures.

For Quebec applications, they used to send the approval along with a letter inviting the sponsor to apply for the Undertaking application and CSQ. At the same time CIC used to submit the application to the responsible VO and after a few weeks MICI submitted their own approval in two copies, to the sponsor and the responsible VO.

But all of a sudden they have changed everything and even themselves don't know the correct procedure. When I call them, each time they say different things. God bless us.

LaLa320

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
09-06-15
AOR Received.
SA received, Dec. 11, 2014, AOR, Dec. 18, 2014
File Transfer...
Dec. 11, 2014
Med's Request
Med's sent in with app, requested again 09-06-15
Med's Done....
May 20, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-15
ramin.gh said:
Thanks LaLa,

But still I'm confused. Let me put you in the picture. I filed my application on 12th of December. I received a letter on 28th Feb, requesting for CSQ but there was nothing about the sponsor qualification or approval. Also, on top of the letter it was saying INLAND instead of Outland. So I called CIC and they told me that I have to ignore this letter and wait for the SA. On 3rd of March we received a letter confirming the receipt of the application, which I suppose to be the correct AOR. And nothing after that. I'm starting to think maybe I had to apply for the CSQ with that first letter as apparently they have changed their procedures.

For Quebec applications, they used to send the approval along with a letter inviting the sponsor to apply for the Undertaking application and CSQ. At the same time CIC used to submit the application to the responsible VO and after a few weeks MICI submitted their own approval in two copies, to the sponsor and the responsible VO.

But all of a sudden they have changed everything and even themselves don't know the correct procedure. When I call them, each time they say different things. God bless us.
That is very confusing. I'm sorry CIC is giving you the run around. I'm not familiar with the Quebec process. The only thing I know is applicants from Quebec have a slightly different procedure. Perhaps a senior is better equipped to answer your question. Any seniors who know what ramin.gh needs to do? Please respond. It doesn't sound like you have received SA as of yet. But keep in mind that it is taking CIC 80+ days to process SA and you submitted in December, so give it a few more day for it to come through.

Good luck and I hope you get SA soon!!

ramin.gh

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27/07/2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/10/2014
LaLa320 said:
That is very confusing. I'm sorry CIC is giving you the run around. I'm not familiar with the Quebec process. The only thing I know is applicants from Quebec have a slightly different procedure. Perhaps a senior is better equipped to answer your question. Any seniors who know what ramin.gh needs to do? Please respond. It doesn't sound like you have received SA as of yet. But keep in mind that it is taking CIC 80+ days to process SA and you submitted in December, so give it a few more day for it to come through.

Good luck and I hope you get SA soon!!
Thank you for your reply. No I haven't received SA yet. I have no choice but waiting.
Good luck to you too. :)

esma

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok LaLa the london visa office said their email was: www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx

How am I suppose to email on this ? I tried but it doesn't work :(

Arvind12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-15 - INPROCESS - 07/08/2015
Med's Request
Upfront on 14-11-2014 . remed req. Dec 4
Med's Done....
Remed sent back on Dec 24
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR - 25th jan , Passport sent to Ottawa -25th jan
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5
LANDED..........
Feb 10
LaLa320 said:
One was AOR1 and the other was the SA email. I never received AOR 1! Some people do and some don't! Not every visa office sends AOR! As i have learned from others on this forum! My SA email came with the SA letter attachment. Your wife will receive an email (AOR2) of her own. It will be specifically addressed to her. So for example, if her name is Mary Smith then this is what her email with her UCI# will look like:

Also I should mention, that you have to put in your info and not your wife's if your a using your #UCI provided from your sponsorship letter. When your wife receives her AOR with her UCI # then you can put in her information.

UCI: 12345678
Application No.: F123456789
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

Thanks alot...

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Mary Smith,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/12/28.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

LaLa320

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
09-06-15
AOR Received.
SA received, Dec. 11, 2014, AOR, Dec. 18, 2014
File Transfer...
Dec. 11, 2014
Med's Request
Med's sent in with app, requested again 09-06-15
Med's Done....
May 20, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-15
esma said:
Ok LaLa the london visa office said their email was: www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx

How am I suppose to email on this ? I tried but it doesn't work :(
Hi esma,

I don't know why they send out those links. They never work! You can do a case specific inquiry and submit the documents that way, You can always use this form to ask them if you should submit them first and see what they say when they respond. They are pretty quick in responding, usually within 24 hours. See the link below

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
ramin.gh said:
Thank you for your reply. No I haven't received SA yet. I have no choice but waiting.
Good luck to you too. :)
Called MIDI to ask what's happening, they will return our app for CSQ or what. Because I know all the rest didn't send yet, except me... well, that lady was as confused as us, no idea if the procedure changed. The normal one was as you described, now... God knows.

Who else to call, if they all are giving different answers or admit they have no idea?

What I believe is that you are OK, waiting for them to give SA and then send to QB. I probably will be delayed and re apply because I have followed the CIC instructions! Isn't this funny?... I never thought Canada is like so, yeah whatever.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
deedee33 said:
Called MIDI to ask what's happening, they will return our app for CSQ or what. Because I know all the rest didn't send yet, except me... well, that lady was as confused as us, no idea if the procedure changed. The normal one was as you described, now... God knows.

Who else to call, if they all are giving different answers or admit they have no idea?

What I believe is that you are OK, waiting for them to give SA and then send to QB. I probably will be delayed and re apply because I have followed the CIC instructions! Isn't this funny?... I never thought Canada is like so, yeah whatever.
Hey Deedee33,
I am a January Quebec applicant and received AOR February 27th.
I simply followed the instructions in the email on how to apply for CSQ. Yes, it states Inland instead of Outland but I am not letting that hold me back. I have applied for CSQ nevertheless. I will wait and see what's next.

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I have news for Quebec. So we send for CSQ with that INLAND first letter. Now MIDI called and asked if I live in Canada. I obviously don't. The CIC admitted it was a mistake that first letter and we should not have applied for CSQ.

So like usually the normal course is that you wait for SA and only after send to Quebec...

No idea now if MIDI will reject the file or simply let us send the SA after we have it. Whatever, they can mistake on our nerves and money and time. Also CIC said they are working on 11 Dec files so we must wait more 2 weeks for SA.

clwillia

Feb 14, 2015
clwillia said:
Hi Guys,
I'm beginning to get concerned. It's been 97 days and people are receiving SA all over the place, we haven't even received initial contact (our was received Dec 2nd)

Is it time for me to call them and ask what is up? I know they have my file in their system because of some other inquiries, but we haven't received a letter or email or anything from them and I'm starting to get concerned, plenty of people have been getting information 75 days after receipt.

I'd appreciate any advice about this!
I called CIC today. No decision on my SA, but the IO is placing a request that my application be looked at. Looks like we got forgotten in teh shuffle. Which it had looked like a month ago *sigh*

And so it goes on...

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
deedee33 said:
I have news for Quebec. So we send for CSQ with that INLAND first letter. Now MIDI called and asked if I live in Canada. I obviously don't. The CIC admitted it was a mistake that first letter and we should not have applied for CSQ.

So like usually the normal course is that you wait for SA and only after send to Quebec...

No idea now if MIDI will reject the file or simply let us send the SA after we have it. Whatever, they can mistake on our nerves and money and time. Also CIC said they are working on 11 Dec files so we must wait more 2 weeks for SA.
Deedee33, Please, When did you send your application for CSQ and did you receive and email or letter in the mail stating that the AOR was a mistake and should ignore it? I know it states Inland instead of Outland but that's about it. Every other information is correct.

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I just got now SA and in this letter is saying to apply for CSQ. So I suggest everyone wait for SA and apply for CSQ only after.

What will happen now with my CSQ app, no idea, will they return it to me or they allow us to add the SA, considering that was their mistake with that inland letter. That letter was clearly a mistake, CIC admitted for everyone that called regarding this! It was simply a mistake. We must wait for the normal AOR and SA and only that send for CSQ.

Some agents gave the good advice, but the ones responded to me no, they pushed us to send the CSQ... will see now what happens then. Also the file has beed transfered to my VO.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
deedee33 said:
I just got now SA and in this letter is saying to apply for CSQ. So I suggest everyone wait for SA and apply for CSQ only after.

What will happen now with my CSQ app, no idea, will they return it to me or they allow us to add the SA, considering that was their mistake with that inland letter. That letter was clearly a mistake, CIC admitted for everyone that called regarding this! It was simply a mistake. We must wait for the normal AOR and SA and only that send for CSQ.

Some agents gave the good advice, but the ones responded to me no, they pushed us to send the CSQ... will see now what happens then. Also the file has beed transfered to my VO.
Well, the first email I received from CIC states to apply for CSQ and I did. If it is a mistake, I guess I will just wait to receive SA. Then send MICC the copies in addition to what they already have.

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I know you did according to the instructions, same me, but I was sure it is a mistake. Also I saw on MIDI were clearly says to send the papers along with SA: "ATTENTION Vous devez obligatoirement joindre une copie de la lettre que vous avez reçue de Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada indiquant que votre demande de parrainage est recevable sinon votre demande d’engagement vous sera retournée."

That's why I asked husband to call MIDI and kindly ask them not to reject the file as it was not our fault and wait for us to mail the SA too.

So hopefully it will be OK like so! Anyway, as I said, no big deal, after the SA the file is being forwarded to VO, so basically no need to hurry with CSQ, few days less or more make no difference. Anyway let us know please what will happen in your case, there are others people here that didn't apply yet for CSQ and if all goes OK for you without having the SA they can follow your path, thanks!

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
deedee33 said:
I know you did according to the instructions, same me, but I was sure it is a mistake. Also I saw on MIDI were clearly says to send the papers along with SA: "ATTENTION Vous devez obligatoirement joindre une copie de la lettre que vous avez reçue de Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada indiquant que votre demande de parrainage est recevable sinon votre demande d'engagement vous sera retournée."

That's why I asked husband to call MIDI and kindly ask them not to reject the file as it was not our fault and wait for us to mail the SA too.

So hopefully it will be OK like so! Anyway, as I said, no big deal, after the SA the file is being forwarded to VO, so basically no need to hurry with CSQ, few days less or more make no difference. Anyway let us know please what will happen in your case, there are others people here that didn't apply yet for CSQ and if all goes OK for you without having the SA they can follow your path, thanks!
I see how you mean and thank you for breaking it down. I have sent my CSQ application already last week as I had no idea until you clarified on here.
Hopefully, I will receive the SA email soon, so as to mail it to them.
I will keep you posted.