Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
ramin.gh said:
In what circumstances they decide to process the application in Mississauga and what is the processing time there?
Our VO is Ankara, Turkey and fortunately for now it's only 10 months.
We think it's based on how simple or complicated the individual application is. Now we don't know and con only speculate what criteria they use determine what makes an application simple or complicated.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ramin.gh said:
In what circumstances they decide to process the application in Mississauga and what is the processing time there?
no one knows. supposedly it's for "uncomplicated" files from certain visa offices to help with overflow. it really could be as simple as every x application gets pulled. i suspect we will never really know the reasoning behind it.

Daizzy123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2014
Doc's Request.
06/01/2015
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
File Transfer...
12/02/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/2015
LANDED..........
13/05/2015
Hi guys I had a quick question if anyone know about how Nairobi visa office works my spouse lives in Johannesburg which means his visa office should be in Pretoria but I got a first stage approval stating that everything going to Nairobi visa office so is it normal for it to go there when my husband resides and South Africa ???HELP!!!!

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Call them at 7am they are open and tell them it is over 97 days and you are worried. Speak gently there is no point in fighting with government officials. THe more nicer you are the more helpful they are.

clwillia said:
Hi Tranjini,

I called, they sent a notice to the office. not sure how much that will help. I tried calling again today (4 days later) and can't get through. I'll try again on Monday I suppose...

stretchiee

Jan 29, 2015
ramin.gh said:

Ours was retained in Mississauga and I assume it's based on simplicity since there was a line on our SA that said it would be sent to the appropriate VO abroad if they required "local knowledge at any time."

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016
stretchiee said:
Ours was retained in Mississauga and I assume it's based on simplicity since there was a line on our SA that said it would be sent to the appropriate VO abroad if they required "local knowledge at any time."
Wondering what an uncomplicated case would be like? Longer relationship or a lot of proof of it?

stretchiee

Jan 29, 2015
Bubbles87 said:
Wondering what an uncomplicated case would be like? Longer relationship or a lot of proof of it?
Well, I'm Canadian, and my CL partner is Spanish. We've been together just about 2 and a half years now. We met while working in China. Moved together to a different city in China where we worked and lived together. We traveled to each others countries to meet our family and friends. We also traveled to several other countries together and have had no periods of separation. He has a clean record and no prior CL relationships or marriages or children to worry about. We provided 4 statutory declarations from friends and family, a selection of emails with my parents and friends about our relationship (his family was harder since they were all in Spanish), emails between us, all our travel documents, cards and letters addressed to us, joint bank account, joint lease, list goes on. We are currently in Canada since I'm going back to school and he is on a visitor visa which has since been extended while we wait. So to answer your question, it's perhaps a little bit of everything.

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
stretchiee said:
Well, I'm Canadian, and my CL partner is Spanish. We've been together just about 2 and a half years now. We met while working in China. Moved together to a different city in China where we worked and lived together. We traveled to each others countries to meet our family and friends. We also traveled to several other countries together and have had no periods of separation. He has a clean record and no prior CL relationships or marriages or children to worry about. We provided 4 statutory declarations from friends and family, a selection of emails with my parents and friends about our relationship (his family was harder since they were all in Spanish), emails between us, all our travel documents, cards and letters addressed to us, joint bank account, joint lease, list goes on. We are currently in Canada since I'm going back to school and he is on a visitor visa which has since been extended while we wait. So to answer your question, it's perhaps a little bit of everything.
Thanks for sharing your story. :)

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016
stretchiee said:
Thanks for the detailed answer Stretchie. The best part is that you guys are both together in Canada and wait together. I'm in Canada while my hubby is in Pakistan. We've known each other since high school back in 2003, got married in 2012, stayed together for some bit while I came back to apply for his sponsorship, he is still back home. I'm not sure whether any Pakistani cases have ever stayed in Mississauga, rather than being sent to London VO, I'm really really hoping mine does as I have over ten years of proof :D Still waiting for the SA, keeping my fingers crossed!!

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Daizzy123 said:
Hi guys I had a quick question if anyone know about how Nairobi visa office works my spouse lives in Johannesburg which means his visa office should be in Pretoria but I got a first stage approval stating that everything going to Nairobi visa office so is it normal for it to go there when my husband resides and South Africa ???HELP!!!!
Hey .. Did you send the outdated version of IMM008 (the one you were able to specify which visa office to send the application to). Cause I did the same thing , I come from Madagascar and last year, my vo was Nairobi (so I specified NAirobi) but recently, they changed the VO to Pretoria... but I dont know..
I'm just wondering if you didn't do the same thing

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
For Qubec people, I got letter from CIC, finally they admitted their mistake:

"We are writing to you today as our records indicate that you received correspondence issued to you on February 26 and/or 27th 2015 in error. The Case Processing Centre – Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) uses an automated mailing system, which on February 26 and 27 2015 mistakenly issued you this correspondence. Please accept our apologies for this error. The processing of your application has not been affected by this error. The CPC-Mississauga has been in contact with the MIDI and has alerted them to this situation. You should not submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec based on the correspondence dated February 26th or 27th. Rather, please wait for further correspondence from CPC-Mississauga before contacting the MIDI. If you have already submitted your application, the MIDI will be contacting you shortly with further information."

So case solved.

stretchiee

Jan 29, 2015
Bubbles87 said:
Thanks for the detailed answer Stretchie. The best part is that you guys are both together in Canada and wait together. I'm in Canada while my hubby is in Pakistan. We've known each other since high school back in 2003, got married in 2012, stayed together for some bit while I came back to apply for his sponsorship, he is still back home. I'm not sure whether any Pakistani cases have ever stayed in Mississauga, rather than being sent to London VO, I'm really really hoping mine does as I have over ten years of proof :D Still waiting for the SA, keeping my fingers crossed!!
People are speculating only visa-exempt country applicants are being retained in Mississauga. I haven't read anyone on this forum yet having their application kept in Mississauga from a non visa exempt country. Not sure if Pakistan is one?

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016
stretchiee said:
People are speculating only visa-exempt country applicants are being retained in Mississauga. I haven't read anyone on this forum yet having their application kept in Mississauga from a non visa exempt country. Not sure if Pakistan is one?
No, Pakistan is a non-visa exempt country. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see :) Hope everything happens for the best for all those who are in the waiting game!

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Hi Everyone, I just joined this forum but for several weeks l've been reading many things from different people. I guess it's my turn to be part of the family...lol, I applied for my husband and cic received application since December 02, 2014, I received AOR since 24th of February 2015.....26th and 27th l received SA approval as inland application instead of Out land Application and l was told to apply for the CSQ in which l did but to my surprise yesterday 13th of March 2015, l received another email from CIC that there was an error in the previous approval sent to us, they said they will get back to us but l don't know if l need to call CIC or MIDI because we've applied for the CSQ already and when do you think the SA will come through again, what do l need to do, call them or wait for them to send correct SA, anybody with such experience? Thanks in advance, God bless.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......: 02-12-2014
AOR Received.: 24-02-2015
File Transfer...: waiting
Med's Request: Up Front
Interview........: dont know
Passport Req..: waiting
VISA ISSUED...: waiting
LANDED..........: waiting

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
deedee33 said:
For Qubec people, I got letter from CIC, finally they admitted their mistake:

"We are writing to you today as our records indicate that you received correspondence issued to you on February 26 and/or 27th 2015 in error. The Case Processing Centre – Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) uses an automated mailing system, which on February 26 and 27 2015 mistakenly issued you this correspondence. Please accept our apologies for this error. The processing of your application has not been affected by this error. The CPC-Mississauga has been in contact with the MIDI and has alerted them to this situation. You should not submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec based on the correspondence dated February 26th or 27th. Rather, please wait for further correspondence from CPC-Mississauga before contacting the MIDI. If you have already submitted your application, the MIDI will be contacting you shortly with further information."

So case solved.
Hi DeeDee.. I received that as well this morning, so all is good. Have a good day.