London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Dec-14
hopefulimmigrant said:
Hi All,

One of my friends CC was charged yesterday....Application received date 15th december, NOC 2172................
Alhumdulillah...Very Good News.
Guys, Keep Praying that we all get through successfully in all the stages.
Remember me in your prayers too.

German_Canadian

Aug 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
Did not receive it
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
05-06-2015
Med's Request
09-06-2015
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-06-2016
rahul20978 said:
Thanks. Still have a doubt, though. Is the completeness check done immediately after the application is received at CIO, or is there a lag? What if they actually put on a shelf somewhere while they deal with the backlog, and the lag is actually between application received and completeness check, and not between completeness check and CC charging, as we have all been assuming. So maybe it actually takes them 2 months after receiving our application to do the completeness check, and then they charge the CC immediately. If that is the case, there is still a chance of getting our application returned (for whatever reason), isn't there?
Hey everybody I think all of the people who are waiting for their DD or CC to be charged are getting nervous. And I totally get that because I was so nervous before my CC got charged I can't even put it in words. So I did some research. The stages of the application have already been explained in this threat but I found another source. I will copy the who text in here. You can also follow the link to the website where I got the information from. From my perspective the way the different stages are explained makes sense to me. But feel free to do your own research and let us all in on what you have found. So good luck to everybody who is still waiting to be charged and to all of us who are waiting for the PER.

The Stages of an Application

Step 1: Application Recieved
Your application is received at CIC. CIC immediately puts a date stamp on your application. This is the date that will be used as the reference to check all your documents against. If for example your IELTS was valid on this date but will expire 1 month after this date. CIC will deem the IELTS as valid because it was still not expired at the time the application was received.

Step 2: Completeness Check
Once your application has finished waiting its turn :) The CIC officer opens your application and does a completeness check, below is what is included in the completeness check. Below is a basic idea of what may be checked.

• All required forms have been included
  • All forms that need signatures have been duly signed and dated.
  • You have filled in all the required fields.
  • Your chosen NOC has not reached the cap (1000 per NOC or total 25,000 for FSW 2014)
  • You have included a payment method amounting to the required fee for your application.
  • You have provided all supporting documents (IELTS, ECA, Degree Copies, Work Experience, Marriage Certificate etc.) that are required for your application as per the Document Checklist.
  • Note: At this point your application may be returned to you for being incomplete or for not being under the cap for your NOC or the total CAP set by the Ministerial Instructions.

Step 3: Payment Charged
Woohooo!! Congratulations on submitting a valid application. At this point CIC would like to take the fees for the application. Hopefully that Credit Card you used (not recommended) is all ready to be charged. Demand Drafts / Bank Draft (recommended) take some time to be charged but have the best chance getting cleared. CIC will complete this phase before your application is put into processing.
Note: At this point your application may be returned to you, if CIC was unable to charge your Credit Card (they try multiple times) or there some other issue with processing your payment.

Step 4: Eligibility Review
The eligibility review is the final check and the final stage of your application at the Central Intake Office (CIO) Sydney Nova Scotia. It is also the last stage where your money might be refunded to you before your application processing is started.

CIC at this basically checks what your application is worth. You have obviously made several claims such as :
  • I have xx,xxx amount of funds available
  • I have an XYZ relative in Canada
  • Here is my ECA with this Canadian Degree Equivalency
  • Here is my proof of experience for the NOC I am applying under.
  • Here are my IELTS score.
  • Verification of your Arranged Offer of Employment (if included)

All of the components of your application are assessed by CIC at this point. CIC would review each one and calculate the points you are to be awarded in addition to checking whether you have provided valid experience for the chosen NOC.
After this eligibility review, CIC would either send you a Positive Eligibility Review (PER) email (provided you have included an email address in your application) and move your application to the selected visa office (Hurray you are in !!) OR they will send your application back to you with a printed Negative Eligibility Review Letter (NER).
If your application has been successful, it will be transferred to the relevant Visa Office.

Step 5: Application Received at Visa Office
After your application has received a PER, it is transferred to the relevant visa office. Further evaluation and an additional eligibility review is done at this stage.

Step 6: Visa Office Eligibility Check
After your application reaches the visa office an eligibility check is done. This might include background checks as well as security checks.

Step 7: Medical and Police Certificate Request
After the eligibility check the Visa office will request medical check ups and police certificates as needed by the Visa Office.

Step 8: Passport Request
Considering that there were no serious issues in the medical checkup and the police certificate requests, the Visa Office will request your passport.

Step 9: Visa Issued
Hopefully your visa is issued and you receive your passport back with the Visa Valid for one year from the date of your medical test.

Source of this information: http://www.fsw2014.info/the-stages-of-an-application/

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
Another question, folks (I seem to full of them these days). Does our NOC have anything to do with the speed of processing, or is it only dependant in the date our application was received. If they have a separate section for each NOC, and some of them work slower than others, that would cause a difference in the timelines, wouldn't it? It would also explain how a December 15th applicant was charged, while there are a bunch of people from earlier dates (different NOCs) who are still waiting. I'm grasping at straws here, because otherwise, it means my application has been returned. I saw that a December 15th applicant has been charged.

coco1987

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Your Card end with 4858 Deduct CAD 1250.00 at 4-2 20:40 .....
Can someone help me read it through? My eyes are full of tears...

asab_ece

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting ..
Nomination.....
Awaiting...
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
rahul20978 said:
Another question, folks (I seem to full of them these days). Does our NOC have anything to do with the speed of processing, or is it only dependant in the date our application was received. If they have a separate section for each NOC, and some of them work slower than others, that would cause a difference in the timelines, wouldn't it? It would also explain how a December 15th applicant was charged, while there are a bunch of people from earlier dates (different NOCs) who are still waiting. I'm grasping at straws here, because otherwise, it means my application has been returned. I saw that a December 15th applicant has been charged.
Don't worry you will get charged soon. CIC works unpredicatably. I am a 15th Dec myself and haven't yet been charged.

rikmalhotra

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
27 Jan 2017
Nomination.....
3rd Feb 2017
AOR Received.
27th Feb 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21st Feb 2017
Friends any idea as to when should i expect my CC Charge. I am Dec 29 applicant, NOC 3142.... Still waiting for my CC Charge.

Kapoor09

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Nov 15
AOR Received.
02 Feb 17
IELTS Request
Sent with the file
coco1987 said:
Well deserved dear. Many congratulations. Best of luck for other stages.

Seems like cic have started working at 8:50 am. Impressive

asab_ece

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting ..
Nomination.....
Awaiting...
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
coco1987 said:
Congratulations buddy.

FSW seeker

Jan 9, 2015
There is something mysterious going on. How come we hear about December 15th applicant have been charged while only 2 of Dec. 11th and none of Dec.12th. Please, we ask everybody not to distribute data unless it is authentic. I'm sure, many are becoming confused now and I'm one of them.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
coco1987 said:
Many many congratulations of the day. And we wish you all the best in your whole process
Thanks for sharing this good news and becoming the opener of the day with good news of charging.

FSW seeker

Jan 9, 2015
coco1987 said:
CONGRATULATIONS, WOULD YOU PLEASE SHARE THE NAME OF THE OFFICER WHO RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION , THE TIME AND THE COURRIER.
THANK YOU

paragbabar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
FSW seeker said:
There is something mysterious going on. How come we hear about December 15th applicant have been charged while only 2 of Dec. 11th and none of Dec.12th. Please, we ask everybody not to distribute data unless it is authentic. I'm sure, many are becoming confused now and I'm one of them.
Probably data being posted is right. May be to a large extent. There are over 90 applications between 1-12 December, cc not charged.

Carmageddon

Apr 19, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FSW seeker said:
CONGRATULATIONS, WOULD YOU PLEASE SHARE THE NAME OF THE OFFICER WHO RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION , THE TIME AND THE COURRIER.
THANK YOU
Do you think there is some correlation between who receives the application, and (who?) charges?

Svarog

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
coco1987 said:
cheers mate! tears of joy indeed

hope cic continues in this light... good luck everybody!!!