+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2014 FSW APPLICATION SUBMISSION

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
U-gal said:
Just a heads up, I called CIC and was told that you can't apply for the same category twice. For example, you can't apply for FSW 2014 & FSW Express Entry 2015 at the same time. You can only withdraw one and apply for the other. The Agent said there is no difference between the two, its only the processing and timeline that is different.

So should I go ahead and apply for the Express Entry since my application was just received in December? Thanks
If your 2014 application is within cap, there's no reason to apply for express entry. But if you have experience in a different NOC then you can apply for express entry for the other NOC (which you did not apply for in 2014)

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
sandtiger said:
2015/01/02 07:14 HALIFAX Item processed
2014/12/30 01:45 RICHMOND Item processed
2014/12/29 09:29 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
2014/12/28 23:22 RICHMOND Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2014/12/24 08:23 PHMNLB,Philippines International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Which courier service you used?? Why is it taking so long to deliver?
I couriered my packet on 27th December and was delivered on 31st December... I sent it through UPS

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandtiger said:
@ zandora, I really hope so. im applying for psychologist and i'm confident it hasn't been filled. did you also apply this year?
Sandtiger, I am not trying to be negative but I think CIC follow their rule almost 100% therefore they have stated they will only accept FSW application before 2014/12/31 so if your package has not arrived to their mail room on that date then very likely they will return your package to you. Therefore I think the best shot for you now is to prepare for EE ... good luck

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zandora said:
@ rahul9 don't be so negative. Can you show me where someone whose application was received just after the deadline had his application returned? Just so you know CIC goes by the postmarked date as long as the caps are not filled. I know someone whose application was received just after the deadline last year and received his PR. Be positive.
Be factual. It was clearly stated on CIC website that application received by 31st December will be processed under the current program. Kindly show me where is it mentioned that CIC is processing postmarked applications after 31 Dec?
If I go by your theory then FSW 2014 is valid till April 2015. Should people start preparing applications on back dates before 31 December and start sending them now?

Being positive doesn't mean that we stop being realistic. My advice to the person is to apply for EE to be on a safer side.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandtiger said:
@ zandora, I really hope so. im applying for psychologist and i'm confident it hasn't been filled. did you also apply this year?
To be on a safer side you should apply for EE. Chances are high your application will be counted towards EE. It almost takes more than a month to receive the returned file.

ashu2748

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application.
I just realised I misunderstood and send an ambigious NOC category but NOC code is correct Will my application be rejected for the mistake.

dr.rohit

Jul 1, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CC Charged on 18.02.2015 PER On 17.04.2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23.09.2015 Decision Made: 10.10.2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ashu2748 said:
I just realised I misunderstood and send an ambigious NOC category but NOC code is correct Will my application be rejected for the mistake.
I THINK ITS ON MAIN PACKET..IF YES THEN DONT WORRY..

U-gal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
desertfox said:
If your 2014 application is within cap, there's no reason to apply for express entry. But if you have experience in a different NOC then you can apply for express entry for the other NOC (which you did not apply for in 2014)
Thank you very much for your response. I sincerely appreciate it. My NOC code for my 2014 application was 2172.

However, I have applied for Express Entry with the same NOC 2172 and my score is 398. It states that I am eligible for both FSW & CEC which amazes me because I was of the impression that my work experience in Canada wasn't up to a year yet, that's why I opted for FSW. Now I don't know if I should edit my form and claim to have 1 year of Canadian work experience so as to gain a higher score or I should leave my application as is. Do you really think I stand a chance with 398? That's really low compared to others that have 900+. Did you apply for EE too?

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
U-gal said:
Thank you very much for your response. I sincerely appreciate it. My NOC code for my 2014 application was 2172.

However, I have applied for Express Entry with the same NOC 2172 and my score is 398. It states that I am eligible for both FSW & CEC which amazes me because I was of the impression that my work experience in Canada wasn't up to a year yet, that's why I opted for FSW. Now I don't know if I should edit my form and claim to have 1 year of Canadian work experience so as to gain a higher score or I should leave my application as is. Do you really think I stand a chance with 398? That's really low compared to others that have 900+. Did you apply for EE too?
Don't misrepresent yourself in your EE profile. If you are found to misrepresent yourself then it may even affect your FSW 2014 application.

U-gal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
specialmary said:
Don't misrepresent yourself in your EE profile. If you are found to misrepresent yourself then it may even affect your FSW 2014 application.
Okay, I will leave it as it is then. Thank you.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
U-gal said:
Okay, I will leave it as it is then. Thank you.
Before approving a FSW application an officer is likely to check the consistency between your application with your other or former applications. You may check the document Overseas Processing 6C for this information.

JigJigs

Dec 26, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Filed with the application
AOR Received.
25-09-2014
IELTS Request
Filed with the application
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
racdee said:
Hi Everybody,
I sent my application documents by FedEx last Wednesday. I was pleasantly surprised today by a message that advised by documents were received in Sydney, NS at CIO - Intake Office. I am so excited. Here are my questions:
1. Exactly what should I be doing now while waiting for a positive response?
2. How soon will I get a response and what type of acknowledgement should I receive?
3. I have noticed that sometimes a cap number (total available occupations based) goes down and not up. What causes a downward fluctuation?
4. How do I join the group shown on spreadsheet for the tracking of various stages of application progress?

abhinavsingla

Dec 16, 2014
Hey guys, any idea where I can check the cap reached for a particular NOC category, as I see they have removed the link from their site. Also is it possible to check till what date the received applications has been processed?

U-gal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
specialmary said:
Before approving a FSW application an officer is likely to check the consistency between your application with your other or former applications. You may check the document Overseas Processing 6C for this information.
The applications are consistent. I left it as is. Thanks.

U-gal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
I am taking a break now. :) Thank you all for your support, I appreciate it.

I will be back when there's an update in my application. Best of luck to everyone and keep up the good work. ;)

Take care & God bless.