+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2013 OUTLAND APPLICANTS – Join Here!!!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Dalmita said:
Add me to the spreadsheet please!!

I am applying from NYC (american citizen) my husband is a Canadian Citizen and will be sponsoring me. It's a pretty straightforward application seeing as we have no issues that would make the process last longer.

Here is my timeline so far:

Visa Office: Ottawa
Sent out Application: December 6th, 2013
Received according to ECAS: December 12th, 2013
AOR 1st Stage: January 5th
Sponsorship Approval: January 13th
Medicals Received: January 21st

What will the next steps be and approximately how long will it take for me to get to these next steps?

Thanks,
Dalma :)
Hi and welcome to the forum. The next step in your application is to be sent to the Ottawa visa office. According to the processing times, Ottawa takes 15 months to process an application based on a complete package. You can expect to get your PR after this time or even sooner. You might want to join the Ottawa thread, you will find more information there.

It is possible that the visa office will request several documents from you during the processing of the application. Those documents include, but are not limited to:
- more proof of a genuine relationship between you and your sponsor
- renewed police certificates
- renewed medical exam (the one you did expires in 12 months, and if you application will not be finalized by then, you will have to re-do the medical)
- anything else that the visa officer might need to make a decision, based on what concerns he/she might have

This forum is a great place to ask questions, lots of helpful people here. Just by browsing the forum and the different threads (you can search for specific topics) you can find out much more about this process. Also, everyone here understands what you are going through, cause we're all on the same boat (more or less) :)

May your application go smoothly and fast.

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Dalmita said:

I am applying from NYC (american citizen) my husband is a Canadian Citizen and will be sponsoring me. It's a pretty straightforward application seeing as we have no issues that would make the process last longer.

What will the next steps be and approximately how long will it take for me to get to these next steps?

Thanks,
Hi Dalma! Welcome to the forum. I'm sponsoring my American husband and have a similar timeline to yours.

Based on what I've read on the Ottawa board, it seems that straightforward applications are being processed in 8-9 months. So fingers crossed for that (and maybe quicker timelines as we move further away from the strike of last year)! Also, while it was the norm for Americans to be asked for a scanned copy of their passport further along in the process, a few recent applicants have been getting approved without that. So you may not be asked for anything else before the final decision. However, it is very unlikely they would refuse you without any prior correspondence.

Good luck!
MLB

Millertimez

Jun 12, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Welcome aboard Dalmita.

Avadava said:
It is possible that the visa office will request several documents from you during the processing of the application. Those documents include, but are not limited to:
- more proof of a genuine relationship between you and your sponsor
- renewed police certificates
- renewed medical exam (the one you did expires in 12 months, and if you application will not be finalized by then, you will have to re-do the medical)
- anything else that the visa officer might need to make a decision, based on what concerns he/she might have
I still don't get the reasoning behind the request to renew police certificates. Why would they ask us to submit a complete application in the first place? I find it strange.

In terms of renewed medical exam, there is possibility they would extend it for another year if your application is almost complete.

crawf307

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Connecticut USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-12-2013
Doc's Request.
27-5-2014
AOR Received.
3-1-2014
Med's Done....
8-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived Decision Made: 30-6-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Dalmita said:

Thanks,
Hi Dalma!

My Canadian husband is sponsoring me - I currently live in Connecticut, USA.

I've got a similar timeline as well. Fingers crossed it takes a little less than the 15 months currently projected. Welcome to the thread :)

chach

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2, 2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014, IN PROCESS August 13, 2014, DM Sept 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received Sept 5, 2014
LANDED..........
NA
dollinexile said:
I don't think so.. I also took a peek at other thread's spreadsheets and found none.
yea, that's the impression i was getting as well. :-[

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Millertimez said:
I just sent my application today. I hope to receive AOR sometime next week. Did you include "Option C printout" with your application? I didn't include it since income is not a requirement but I'm reading in other forums that it is required.
Hi. it is my understanding that you still need to provide an Option C.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
KTCYYZ said:
Hi. it is my understanding that you still need to provide an Option C.
Yes indeed, Option C is still required. Although you don't need a minimum income to sponsor a spouse, you are NOT eligible if you received any social assistance in the past year. That is why they still request Option C. It will show on there if you received social assistance.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
All,

I got my SA on Jan 23rd 2014 and It is now 2 weeks since then. I just called the call center and he very cooly tells me that 'your file is still in Mississauga and is not yet transferred to the visa office abroad'. I was shocked.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

What can i do to get these CPC-M people to transfer my file? How can they just sit on my file especially once they have already approved me as sponsor?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
rogerset said:
All,

I got my SA on Jan 23rd 2014 and It is now 2 weeks since then. I just called the call center and he very cooly tells me that 'your file is still in Mississauga and is not yet transferred to the visa office abroad'. I was shocked.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

What can i do to get these CPC-M people to transfer my file? How can they just sit on my file especially once they have already approved me as sponsor?
Generally, it takes up to a month for the file to be transferred. In the Vienna thread for the example, it even took them 2 months in some cases. You can't do anything to "get them to transfer" the file, they will do it when they want to. You're not the only one that wants a faster process, we all do. But unfortunately, this is not the case.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Avadava said:
Generally, it takes up to a month for the file to be transferred. In the Vienna thread for the example, it even took them 2 months in some cases. You can't do anything to "get them to transfer" the file, they will do it when they want to. You're not the only one that wants a faster process, we all do. But unfortunately, this is not the case.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'You're not the only one that wants a faster process, we all do'

Are you implying I said that iam the only one who wants a faster processing??????????

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Roger, she probably means that you're not alone in wanting smooth and fast processing. All of us are concerned about our applications. No need to freak out.

As for the transferring, I myself didn't know that it took so long to get sent to the VO. Maybe others have some personal experiences.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
lol man, you are such a debbie downer sometimes. I see why some people here choose not to respond to your posts. Because those that do usually get your wrath.

This is a public forum, so I can 'represent' someone if I choose to, especially when what someone said is pretty clear.

Have a happy Friday :D and hope your file gets transferred ASAP.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Patience- Debbie downer? Hmmm...Well I will be more civil and not respond to your post now

As for representing someone else, if you are ok , can you represent me and talk to CPC since you seem to be doing pro bono work anyways? mAybe lot of time on your hands?