Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi Guys,

I got an invite for the Dec 22 ITA. I am sitting at 548 pts. I am finding it difficult to get my experience letters from back home (India). To save me the hassle, I was thinking if I take out my indian work exp my points reduces to 498, which is still higher than the 475 cutoff during that draw.

Should I take it off? Would it be a problem? I know it is above the cutoff but it is a pretty massive drop in points

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lifein360 said:
Hi Guys,

I got an invite for the Dec 22 ITA. I am sitting at 548 pts. I am finding it difficult to get my experience letters from back home (India). To save me the hassle, I was thinking if I take out my indian work exp my points reduces to 498, which is still higher than the 475 cutoff during that draw.

Should I take it off? Would it be a problem? I know it is above the cutoff but it is a pretty massive drop in points
That's doable and you can explain that in LOE but it's a risk.

I would rather decline the ITA, update my profile to remove India experience from work history and wait for next draw. With 498 draw you are 100% to get an ITA in next draw and that way you don't have to take risk.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
Guys , is there any way we can check what date has one applied their PGWP on ? :'(
check your CIC account.

But why do you need that ??

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
check your CIC account.

But why do you need that ??
as i am counting 3 months of my implied status work experience i need to know when exactly i applied for PGWP and went under implied status, btw i cannot check the message now as i have a different/new Cic Account.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are trying to claim the experience when you were in transition from study permit to WP, you might want to reconsider. there is a big debate on if you can claim that work prior to getting PGWP.

Besides I am assuming you applied for PGWP prior to your study permit expired so your implied status start on the day your permit expired and you didn't have any status not when you apply for PGWP.

sollybabe

Jan 10, 2017
Hello every one. I'm a Nigerian and i've lived there since birth. About 9 months i got a job transfer from Nigeria to Kenya and have been living there ever since. I got an ITA recently and police certificate from Nigeria 3 days ago. The certificate will expire in April, 2017 but I have to make an emergency business trip to Nigeria in 4 days time for about a week. Do i need another Police certificate from Nigeria when i gets back to Kenya from business trip/visit?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sollybabe said:
Hello every one. I'm a Nigerian and i've lived there since birth. About 9 months i got a job transfer from Nigeria to Kenya and have been living there ever since. I got an ITA recently and police certificate from Nigeria 3 days ago. The certificate will expire in April, 2017 but I have to make an emergency business trip to Nigeria in 4 days time for about a week. Do i need another Police certificate from Nigeria when i gets back to Kenya from business trip/visit?
If you submit application prior to visiting Nigeria you don't need new certificate.

If you submit application after your trip to Nigeria, you need to include that in travel history and will require to get new PCC. You also have to submit PCC from Kenya as you been living there more den 6 months.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
If you are trying to claim the experience when you were in transition from study permit to WP, you might want to reconsider. there is a big debate on if you can claim that work prior to getting PGWP.

Besides I am assuming you applied for PGWP prior to your study permit expired so your implied status start on the day your permit expired and you didn't have any status not when you apply for PGWP.
Thanks for your input bud! however, i have confirmed twice with CIC people that your work experience for "transition period " Totally Counts .back to my original question is there any other way other than calling CIC ?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
Thanks for your input bud! however, i have confirmed twice with CIC people that your work experience for "transition period " Totally Counts .back to my original question is there any other way other than calling CIC ?
ok but didn't you apply for PGWP prior to your study permit expired ?? I hope the answer is yes in that case your implied date start from the day your study permit expired.

another way to check is probably look at credit card transaction and see the date when you paid fees.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
ok but didn't you apply for PGWP prior to your study permit expired ?? I hope the answer is yes in that case your implied date start from the day your study permit expired.

another way to check is probably look at credit card transaction and see the date when you paid fees.
well yeah your right one would apply for PGWP before expiry of their study permit ,and/ or after completion of their study and if they have study permit more than their actual period of study which is my case they wouldn't worry about expiry of study permit they would just apply for their PGWP so that they can get started with their Job Experience and all.i had study permit valid until 2016 april and my actual study was done in Dec 2014 so i applied for PGWP in Jan or Feb of 2015 but i started working in Jan 05 2015 . make sense ? confusing ? tell me about it . :D

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
well yeah your right one would apply for PGWP before expiry of their study permit ,and/ or after completion of their study and if they have study permit more than their actual period of study which is my case they wouldn't worry about expiry of study permit they would just apply for their PGWP so that they can get started with their Job Experience and all.i had study permit valid until 2016 april and my actual study was done in Dec 2014 so i applied for PGWP in Jan or Feb of 2015 but i started working in Jan 05 2015 . make sense ? confusing ? tell me about it . :D
so what's the confusion here ?? You never were on Implied status as before you got PGWP you were working on your study permit( as you already mentioned that this was confirmed by you with CIC ) and after you got PGWP you continued working. Where does Implied status comes in play here ??

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Batman_is_Real said:
so what's the confusion here ?? You never were on Implied status as before you got PGWP you were working on your study permit( as you already mentioned that this was confirmed by you with CIC ) and after you got PGWP you continued working. Where does Implied status comes in play here ??
He started working while his PWGP was in process so that was implied status. But yes, he also had his study permit active which allows him to work full-time during breaks. That overlap happens because study permits last a few months longer than the end of the program

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lifein360 said:
He started working while his PWGP was in process so that was implied status. But yes, he also had his study permit active which allows him to work full-time during breaks. That overlap happens because study permits last a few months longer than the end of the program
Again how many time I have to mention this, Implied status is only when you don't have any kind of Permit. Applying for PGWP while you still have study permit is not Implied status.

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Hey guys,

For proof of work experience, I am claiming experience of 1 year (Canadian job) under CEC.
I'm planning to compile a pdf file with the documents in the following order,
1. Employer reference letter
2. Notice of assessment for year of experience
3. T4 slip for the year of experience
4. All pay slips from start of employment to till date

Does this look good enough or am I missing anything?

Thanks!