+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Debt in Canada, Will it effect PR appication

Johanpac

Jun 19, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My Situation is a little different, I have some debt in Canada from days when i went their as a student.
And I am under process of repay it, but right now I am at my home country.
But mean while i have got invitation for PR from Canada. I will be sending them documents soon for final verification..
Just needed confirmation if this debt will effect my PR confirmation or not. OR will this hamper my verification process.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Everyone,

My Situation is a little different, I have some debt in Canada from days when i went their as a student.
And I am under process of repay it, but right now I am at my home country.
But mean while i have got invitation for PR from Canada. I will be sending them documents soon for final verification..
Just needed confirmation if this debt will effect my PR confirmation or not. OR will this hamper my verification process.
It's unlikely to be a problem.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed with the above. It won't impact the immigration process. It may impact other things (e.g. obtaining credit, etc.) once you're back in Canada. Good news that you're on a repayment plan and that should limit the impact.

Johanpac

Jun 19, 2018
Thank you for the details,
I have another question, after i am done paying for everything, would i get any clearance certificate or document for it.
And secondly, should i negotiate on the total amount to be paid or pay what ever they say.
As i have never had any debt situation my whole life, except this mistake/problem and would i be able to build a better score after i have cleared my debt and once back to Canada.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you for the details,
I have another question, after i am done paying for everything, would i get any clearance certificate or document for it.
And secondly, should i negotiate on the total amount to be paid or pay what ever they say.
As i have never had any debt situation my whole life, except this mistake/problem and would i be able to build a better score after i have cleared my debt and once back to Canada.
There are no clearance certificates but there is a credit profile for you which will show you had defaulted on loans before.

It's up to you to negotiate, but your credit profile will indicate any settlements.