+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Death of a Spouse Post-ITA

chuxy12

Apr 15, 2017
Please guys I need your advise on this:

Got an ITA last March, we are still gathering our documentations and my spouse just died during childbirth - baby and mum lost. For the sake of our son and only child, I decided to proceed with the PR application process. My question: I am the principal applicant, but my spouse's scores (education and language) influenced mine. Now, what do I do:
1. Proceed applications and upload her death certificate?
2. Review my scores with the new family conditions? If I do this, my new score will fall below the ITA cut-off.

Thanks for your candid advice.

Chuxy

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
First of all, sorry to hear about your loss. We had a scare during the birth of our child as well.

I think since your wife, the primary applicant is not around anymore your ITA would not hold valid. You might have to create/update your profile with your new family conditions.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, you wont be able to use your spouses score as she is no longer with you. Your score would be recalculated.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
kaddu747 said:
First of all, sorry to hear about your loss. We had a scare during the birth of our child as well.

I think since your wife, the primary applicant is not around anymore your ITA would not hold valid. You might have to create/update your profile with your new family conditions.
The OP is the primary applicant. His wife was accompanying him.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
chuxy12 said:

Got an ITA last March, we are still gathering our documentations and my spouse just died during childbirth - baby and mum lost. For the sake of our son and only child, I decided to proceed with the PR application process. My question: I am the principal applicant, but my spouse's scores (education and language) influenced mine. Now, what do I do:
2. Review my scores with the new family conditions? If I do this, my new score will fall below the ITA cut-off.

Chuxy
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry about your loss. I can only imaging what you are going through, however I pray that the Almighty will strengthen you in this difficult time.

My gut tells me that on humanitarian grounds they wont change your points. However, I doubt anyone here can answer you with any certainty as this is a very unique case. I would advise you to seek legal advice.

All the best

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
:eek: :eek: :eek: :-[ :-[ :-[ Very sorry to hear that... RIP...

1 & 2. It is a change in personal situation and you should decline ITA if you know it's gonna be lower than the min score of that round. They will re-calculate your score for sure if you tell them the death of your spouse. See below.

Changes to your personal situation http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

What will your new score be? The min. score is getting lower almost every time so you still have a chance. I also recommend you find some ways to improve your score, such as improving your IELTS. Good Luck.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
chuxy12 said:

Chuxy
I am really sorry to hear this and my prayers are with you, your son and family. May god give you and your son enough strength to recover from this loss.

chuxy12

Apr 15, 2017
spth38 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :-[ :-[ :-[ Very sorry to hear that... RIP...

1 & 2. It is a change in personal situation and you should decline ITA if you know it's gonna be lower than the min score of that round. They will re-calculate your score for sure if you tell them the death of your spouse. See below.

What will your new score be? The min. score is getting lower almost every time so you still have a chance. I also recommend you find some ways to improve your score, such as improving your IELTS. Good Luck.
Our IELTS expires coming July. My score was - LIST:8.5, READ:9.0, WRIT:7.5, SPEAK:7.0. With my current frame of mind, I can't assure you of a better score. Like I said, I am doing this for my only child's sake. For my sake, I can let the opportunity slip by.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Thats a good IELTS score, almost maxed.
Whats your score recalculated? Not sure what to do. Rules are clear but you could try to proceed with application and write everything in LOE you are not capable of ging to another IELTS because of the circumstances.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
chuxy12 said:
Our IELTS expires coming July. My score was - LIST:8.5, READ:9.0, WRIT:7.5, SPEAK:7.0. With my current frame of mind, I can't assure you of a better score. Like I said, I am doing this for my only child's sake. For my sake, I can let the opportunity slip by.
First of all, extremely sorry for your loss and prayers to the Almighty to give you strength and peace to the departed souls.

Since this is a change of composition of family members, the process is straighforward. Your points will be recalculated based on ur points - ECA IELTS and Work Exp.. Please do the recalculation and see if you meet the CRS cut off.. If so proceed with the application..

Wish you all the best.. I hope you get through.. Stay strong..

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
He said his CRS would be below ITA cut off.

I pray for you.

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firstly, I am exteremely sorry for your loss.

since you don't have spouse medical and PCC it won't be possible to go ahead with this application.

if you had all the docs and you're the primary applicant I don't think there would have been any problem, provided no issues in Documentation.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
When your score is recalculated, there will be a chance that your score will be higher since your wife is no longer accompanied. The 40 points for spouse will be given back to you and it will be distributed to other components.

Have you tried to calculate your score as a single person?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Sorry for your loss.

You have good IELTS score. What was your draw's score and what is your score with and without spouse? Unless your spouse has had CLB9 and Master degree, you would more or less be in similar range with single status. Also the scores are hovering in 420 range now.. see if your score would be higher than that.