+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dear Qorax, please Guide me for my NER

Neha0631

Jul 8, 2011
*xxxxxxxxx*

Dear Neha ********:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada’s official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

Points assessed
Maximum

Education I COMPLETED 1 YR DIPLOMA IN INDIA AFTER 12TH AND THEN AFTER ALMOST 10 YRS, I WENT TO AUS TO STUDY 2 YR DPLOMA IN SALOON MANAGEMENT THAT I COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY, STILL VISA OFFICER SAYS I GET ONLY 15 PTS.....

Official language proficiency

Arranged employment

Experience

Adaptability

TOTAL

You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.

You were assigned 15 points for your educational credential at the 1 year non university Diploma in Hairdressing and 13 years total education 12 years of secondary and 1 year at Melbourne International Training college.

You were assigned 14 points for your official language proficiency. This assessment was based upon the language results on file. No points were assigned for your second official language.

No points were assigned for arranged employment.

You were assigned maximum points for age and work experience.

You were assigned a total of 4 adaptability points for your spouse’s Bachelort’s Level educational credential.

No additional points were assigned for adaptability.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

JPS

Program Support Officer

Immigration Section

Case Processing Centre

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Now My question is, should I reapply or go for appeal, if appeal, how do I go about that? Please guide me sir, I need ur kind help for this issue as it is a question for my career.

Neha

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Neha0631 said:
...Education I COMPLETED 1 YR DIPLOMA IN INDIA AFTER 12TH AND THEN AFTER ALMOST 10 YRS, I WENT TO AUS TO STUDY 2 YR DPLOMA IN SALOON MANAGEMENT THAT I COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY, STILL VISA OFFICER SAYS I GET ONLY 15 PTS.....
TOTAL

You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.

You were assigned 15 points for your educational credential at the 1 year non university Diploma in Hairdressing and 13 years total education 12 years of secondary and 1 year at Melbourne International Training college...

Now My question is, should I reapply or go for appeal, if appeal, how do I go about that? Please guide me sir, I need ur kind help for this issue as it is a question for my career.

Neha
Ma'am,

The IO has assessed your case correctly. U cannot get more points w/out a 'degree' or 'post-graduation'... Diploma/s can only fetch u that much. Thus, neither an "appeal", nor a "fresh application" would work, unless u muster-up addnl 3 points in any other criterion.

Rest [some idea/s], I'm replying against your PM.

Regrets.
Qorax

Neha0631

Jul 8, 2011
Thank you for ur reply, however, I need to say that I completed two years in Australia, and the diploma is certified by melbourne university and the course is also validated by Australian Hair Dressing Body. I have certificates of the same as well.

As it is written in the EG7 Guide,

A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study gets 20 points,

Please explain me why cant I get it.... Please....

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
Neha0631 said:
Thank you for ur reply, however, I need to say that I completed two years in Australia, and the diploma is certified by melbourne university and the course is also validated by Australian Hair Dressing Body. I have certificates of the same as well.

A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study gets 20 points,

i think you are right and you should get 20 points. immediately write an urgent email to cic and inform them of mistake. also include your NER with that

Neha0631

Jul 8, 2011
Neha0631 said:

So total years of education are 12 (school) + 1 (post secondary diploma in India at Undergraduate level) and + 2 (post secondary diploma) = 15 yrs

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Neha0631 said:

You might want to reasd other people's experience of unfair NER:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ner-an-unfair-asseseementplease-take-a-look-t75286.0.html
Mandie

CIO_VisaOfficer

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try IELTS and get high band to eanr 16points.
Try to learn french as 2nd language. clear atleast basic level you will sure get 4 points. than it will be 67 to 68 points you will claim.

after getting all these above mentioned language points, re-apply if CAP is remaining for you.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Neha0631 said:
So total years of education are 12 (school) + 1 (post secondary diploma in India at Undergraduate level) and + 2 (post secondary diploma) = 15 yrs
did you send trascripts with your diploma certificate?
if yes, then you can appeal by sending CIO a fax.
Note that Diploma certificate without transcripts is not sufficient

Neha0631

Jul 8, 2011
Dr.Hasib said:
did you send trascripts with your diploma certificate?
if yes, then you can appeal by sending CIO a fax.
Note that Diploma certificate without transcripts is not sufficient
Yes, I sent the transcripts with diploma certificates issued by my college and stamped by university....

Neha0631

Jul 8, 2011
Inbedf said:
Try IELTS and get high band to eanr 16points.
Try to learn french as 2nd language. clear atleast basic level you will sure get 4 points. than it will be 67 to 68 points you will claim.

after getting all these above mentioned language points, re-apply if CAP is remaining for you.
Thanks for ur suggestion but I scored 14 in IELTS and I need 4 points, and learning french will take time, meanwhile, my cap for this category is likely to reach

Neha0631

Jul 8, 2011
azazaz said:
i think you are right and you should get 20 points. immediately write an urgent email to cic and inform them of mistake. also include your NER with that
Thanks for ur reply.... I am thinking of doing the same... waiting for reply from Qurax

Neha0631

Jul 8, 2011
mandiebraxton said:
You might want to reasd other people's experience of unfair NER:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ner-an-unfair-asseseementplease-take-a-look-t75286.0.html
Mandie
Thank you

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neha0631 said:
*xxxxxxxxx*

Dear Neha ********:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

Points assessed
Maximum

Education I COMPLETED 1 YR DIPLOMA IN INDIA AFTER 12TH AND THEN AFTER ALMOST 10 YRS, I WENT TO AUS TO STUDY 2 YR DPLOMA IN SALOON MANAGEMENT THAT I COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY, STILL VISA OFFICER SAYS I GET ONLY 15 PTS.....

Official language proficiency

Arranged employment

Experience

Adaptability

TOTAL

You were assigned 15 points for your educational credential at the 1 year non university Diploma in Hairdressing and 13 years total education 12 years of secondary and 1 year at Melbourne International Training college.

You were assigned 14 points for your official language proficiency. This assessment was based upon the language results on file. No points were assigned for your second official language.

No points were assigned for arranged employment.

You were assigned maximum points for age and work experience.

You were assigned a total of 4 adaptability points for your spouse's Bachelort's Level educational credential.

No additional points were assigned for adaptability.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

JPS

Program Support Officer

Immigration Section

Case Processing Centre

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Neha
Hi Neha!

I just looked at your post. I assume you are correct as you have 2 year diploma recognised by Government and higher education authority in Australia you should get 20 points for that. I would suggest you to immediately send them an email / fax and inform of this mistake. With the email / fax also provide your NER letter and a cover letter explaining everything.

Their email is

FSW‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca.

I have heard on this forum that faxing is the fastest option so try sending them a fax. I think you can find the fax no on your NER letter. I try to look on this forum if I can.

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neha0631 said:
Your total years of education will be 14 and not 15 as your 2 year diploma wasn't a continuation of 1 year diploma and they both are independant and not related. No additional points are given if you have 2 diplomas unlike 2 bachelors degrees where you get 22 points.

But you still get 20 points as you have 14 years of education.