+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

deadline to leave for canada upon receipt of visa?

stussy

Jun 7, 2010
Hello everyone!

I would just like to ask if there is a specific deadline that you have to leave for Canada upon receipt of working visa for live in caregiver. My Visa was issued on May 22, 2010 and I was planning to leave by January 2011 but some advised that I may have to leave earlier.

Also, would anyone know if there are other requirements aside from attending the CIC orientation? Thanks in advance for your help.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
stussy said:
Hello everyone!

I would just like to ask if there is a specific deadline that you have to leave for Canada upon receipt of working visa for live in caregiver. My Visa was issued on May 22, 2010 and I was planning to leave by January 2011 but some advised that I may have to leave earlier.

Also, would anyone know if there are other requirements aside from attending the CIC orientation? Thanks in advance for your help.
Is it "leave for Canada" from your Country of origin? Depends on the requirements of your country. Don't have much to go here. If you mean coming to Canada at a specific date, you can enter Canada on or before the expiry date placed on your visa. But if you are coming in as a live in caregiver, the officers might be "curious" as to why you dallied when Canadian employers normally would want their caregivers to be here when the caregivers already have approved visa to start work at once.You can coordinate with your employer about your planned arrival so as not to have a problem once at the POE.

stussy

Jun 7, 2010
job_seeker said:
Is it "leave for Canada" from your Country of origin? Depends on the requirements of your country. Don't have much to go here. If you mean coming to Canada at a specific date, you can enter Canada on or before the expiry date placed on your visa. But if you are coming in as a live in caregiver, the officers might be "curious" as to why you dallied when Canadian employers normally would want their caregivers to be here when the caregivers already have approved visa to start work at once.You can coordinate with your employer about your planned arrival so as not to have a problem once at the POE.
Hi! Thanks for your reply! Yes, its leave for Canada from the Philippines. And thank you very much for your help. I can't leave ASAP since Im still currently working here and my employer is also willing to wait until January so I think that would be ok. Thanks again!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
stussy said:
Hi! Thanks for your reply! Yes, its leave for Canada from the Philippines. And thank you very much for your help. I can't leave ASAP since Im still currently working here and my employer is also willing to wait until January so I think that would be ok. Thanks again!
Yup. I think there's a PDOS from the Philippines (schedule with POEA; visit the POEA website for the requirements). Am not very familiar with the process. Anyway, when you are ready to come, let your employer know because the officer sometimes calls the employer and ask if s/he is expecting anybody. Where in Canada will you be going?

stussy

Jun 7, 2010
Hi job seeker. Thank you very much for all the help. Planning to go to POEA early next week. By the way, Ill be staying in Scarborough, Ontario. Thanks!

BETHCHAY

Jun 25, 2010
TAIWAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Taipei City Taiwan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
02-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-05-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2010
LANDED..........
I don't know yet maybe November
hi stussy,

Are you at the Philippines now? My visa too is release June 15,2010 and i am planning to go November or later that coz of any reason there in Canada that the Caregiver of my employer there didn't yet get her Permanent Resident so I need to wait here until October, my problem only my Contract of my employer in Canada will expire Oct 15,2010 and LMO also expired July 18,2010 , i really don't know about this matter because i process by myself my documents.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
BETHCHAY said:
hi stussy,

Are you at the Philippines now? My visa too is release June 15,2010 and i am planning to go November or later that coz of any reason there in Canada that the Caregiver of my employer there didn't yet get her Permanent Resident so I need to wait here until October, my problem only my Contract of my employer in Canada will expire Oct 15,2010 and LMO also expired July 18,2010 , i really don't know about this matter because i process by myself my documents.
Ask your employer to send you a new contract. If it expired and your employer's caregiver is still with them you can "scout" for a new employer. You need a contract and LMO should you decide to get a new employer. For how long is your visa valid?

BETHCHAY

Jun 25, 2010
TAIWAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Taipei City Taiwan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
02-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-05-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2010
LANDED..........
I don't know yet maybe November
hi job_seeker,

Its hard to find employer, but thanks God my employer is willing to send to me a new contract, but where does she need to call about the new contract or as will as the extension date ? in the CIC ? about my LMO does need to check in the immigration if i arrived?its expired also at July. ,I think i send you a message at you inbox.

thank you very much

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
BETHCHAY said:
hi job_seeker,

Its hard to find employer, but thanks God my employer is willing to send to me a new contract, but where does she need to call about the new contract or as will as the extension date ? in the CIC ? about my LMO does need to check in the immigration if i arrived?its expired also at July. ,I think i send you a message at you inbox.

thank you very much
They do not look at the LMO once you have obtained your TRV. But they will look at your contract to get the basis for the length of your WP once you arrive. The officers sometimes call the employer too to ask if they are expecting anybody. Bring your LMO still; they get the name of your employer from the employer named on the LMO because you can not work for anybody else except for the one in your LMO.