+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deadline of Medical examination crossed

dpshah100

Sep 23, 2021
I applied for PR of Canada and was sponsored by my spouse from outside Canada. When I checked my emails after a long gap I saw they have asked me to have medical examination within 90 days which has already expired on May 25. I came to know this only yesterday i. e. Sept 22. What should I do now. Very complicated situation I am facing. Should I request them through email to extend the deadline. I am now in Canada on visitor's visa with my wife and going back to my own country in October

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for PR of Canada and was sponsored by my spouse from outside Canada. When I checked my emails after a long gap I saw they have asked me to have medical examination within 90 days which has already expired on May 25. I came to know this only yesterday i. e. Sept 22. What should I do now. Very complicated situation I am facing. Should I request them through email to extend the deadline. I am now in Canada on visitor's visa with my wife and going back to my own country in October
You need to contact IRCC to see if you can get a extension or whether you’ll need to start the process over again. You were asked for a medical last March based on my calculations.

dpshah100

Sep 23, 2021
You need to contact IRCC to see if you can get a extension or whether you’ll need to start the process over again. You were asked for a medical last March based on my calculations.
Thank you fir this reply.
On Feb 25 they have written an email. certainly i prefer to ask for extension. Can you please tell me email address of IRCC where I should write email please

dpshah100

Sep 23, 2021
Sorry ! Visited web sites, but it’s confusing, could not trace email address or mailing address of IRCC.

dpshah100

Sep 23, 2021
Thank you armoured. I will try to fill up this form. Do you have email address and postal address of IRCC so that I can request for time extension ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you armoured. I will try to fill up this form. Do you have email address and postal address of IRCC so that I can request for time extension ?
I am telling you that the webform is the correct way to contact - not by email or postal (unless it is one of those that you know works in your case and on your file). Otherwise, highly likely whatever you send would be lost or ignored.

dpshah100

Sep 23, 2021
I am telling you that the webform is the correct way to contact - not by email or postal (unless it is one of those that you know works in your case and on your file). Otherwise, highly likely whatever you send would be lost or ignored.
Thank you so much armoured. You provided me a appropriate guidance. Actually I was a bit norvous too.

dpshah100

Sep 23, 2021
You can try for an extension but given that it has been around 8 months it’s impossible to know whetherIRCC will give you the extension.
So what to do, tell me. They are still showing ‘in process’ on my my status check. Only left now is medical. So I am hopeful. Also because what they do If I reapply with same information on which they are positive already. At this stage what can they get by processing same information that will be resubmitted to them?