+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Days outside CanadaAnd

Jeslicuevo

Jan 6, 2019
Hi i’m PR and stayed 2.5 years here in Canada and was out of the country for 1.5 year, i am planning to go outside again for another year with my 2 years old canadian baby. Would I be in trouble when returning to Canada? How many years are PR can go outside of Canada? Thanks a lot

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You need to live in Canada for 2 out 5 years after initial landing. After the first 5 years, you must maintain the 2/5 at every entry to Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse while living outside the country, it will be counted towards your residency obligation. That means you can be outside Canada indefinitely without worry your PR status.

Jeslicuevo

Jan 6, 2019
You need to live in Canada for 2 out 5 years after initial landing. After the first 5 years, you must maintain the 2/5 at every entry to Canada.

Thank you for your reponse so i am allowed to go outside of Canada 3 years within 5 years? Pls correct me if i’m wrong

Jeslicuevo

Jan 6, 2019
If you are accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse while living outside the country, it will be counted towards your residency obligation. That means you can be outside Canada indefinitely without worry your PR status.

I am accompanying my 2 year old canadian citizen baby outside the country. Would that be allowed as well? Thank you!

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
I am accompanying my 2 year old canadian citizen baby outside the country. Would that be allowed as well? Thank you!
No that doesn't count, has to be spouse.

Every time you present at the border, you must have lived in Canada for 2 years out of the previous 5 years (from that date) in order to avoid the risk of being reported for not meeting residency obligation.