+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daycare crisis?

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hi everyone,

My family is planning to move to Vancouver next summer as PR and we are concerning about licensed daycare crisis there.

Anyone living there can confirm if it's true, how hard it is to have a vacancy for 2 year old kid?

Can we register a slot with daycare centre online or we have to land first and bring eligible documents to daycare centre? In this case, what kind of document do we need to have?

What's other alternative in case we can't find licensed daycare?

How about cities like Surrey, Langley, Abbotsfort?

This is a very crucial matter that will decide our family's landing destination. Otherwise, we have to find another provinces.

Please help me to clear those above queries.

Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why would this be crucial matter to decide your landing destination? Landing only involves showing COPR and other documents to CBSA officers and can be done at various land border and international airport. After landing, you can take local transportation or connecting flights and move to your desired new home.

Reactions: flame_twilight

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would see if you could join waiting lists now. You'll have to contact each daycare and put yourself on the list. There are multiple cities where finding a daycare spot is tricky and you basically sign up when your child is born.

Reactions: flame_twilight

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Why would this be crucial matter to decide your landing destination? Landing only involves showing COPR and other documents to CBSA officers and can be done at various land border and international airport. After landing, you can take local transportation or connecting flights and move to your desired new home.
I mean finding a daycare centre is important to us to decide which city we should live.