+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Day trips, Entry and Exit Dates (For Citizenship)

1983dave

Jan 23, 2018
Has anyone had issues with recalling dates for travel outside of Canada when calculating the 1095 days, I have my entry dates from the CBSA under the privacy act but have no record of exit dates. Is there anyway to get exit dates apart from records of flights,travel etc? Assume day trips to the states need to be noted also? I have a significant amount of trips outside of Canada so just want to make sure my trips noted and equivalent days are correct before I submit application for citizenship?

Thanks,

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Has anyone had issues with recalling dates for travel outside of Canada when calculating the 1095 days, I have my entry dates from the CBSA under the privacy act but have no record of exit dates. Is there anyway to get exit dates apart from records of flights,travel etc? Assume day trips to the states need to be noted also? I have a significant amount of trips outside of Canada so just want to make sure my trips noted and equivalent days are correct before I submit application for citizenship?

Thanks,
Unfortunately, depending on mode of travel and which border you crossed, maybe there is a record of it but possibly not. You might try requesting the same report from the US CBP to see if you can get some info from that report. (It will take a month to get.)

Do your best from your own records. (calendars, email, whatever) If you have a comfortable buffer, missing a few day trips probably won't make much of a difference if you did it to the best of your knowledge. I know I missed a couple of day trips, but I had over 2,000 days in the calculator so there was no danger of a missed day trip messing up my eligibility.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
As sns204 said, you can get US CBP records; there are 2 ways to go about - the i94 website (i94.CBP.dhs.gov) or submitting a FOIA. The FOIA is the longer route but more detailed. You can start with the i94 website for your needs. Check the entry stamps on your passport as many countries stamp you on arrival.
Then match it all up with your tickets boarding passes and hotel receipts.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Also note that the i94 report will only list the border crossings of non us-citizens. The FOIA is the only road if you're american.

addictive_mate

Dec 7, 2009
Unfortunately, depending on mode of travel and which border you crossed, maybe there is a record of it but possibly not. You might try requesting the same report from the US CBP to see if you can get some info from that report. (It will take a month to get.)

Do your best from your own records. (calendars, email, whatever) If you have a comfortable buffer, missing a few day trips probably won't make much of a difference if you did it to the best of your knowledge. I know I missed a couple of day trips, but I had over 2,000 days in the calculator so there was no danger of a missed day trip messing up my eligibility.
365*5 is 1825 and that too if you didnt leave canada even for a day in 5 years.... good to know you had over 2000 days :p

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
365*5 is 1825 and that too if you didnt leave canada even for a day in 5 years.... good to know you had over 2000 days :p
He might have applied before C-6. That means the 4 of 6 rule applied. an six years is more than 2000 days.

Reactions: sns204