+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Day 50 CAIPS/GCMS notes not received

Sirish

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Applied for CAIPS + Copies of my documents on October 16
On November 15 my the agency through which I applied received an email from CIC that stated: That, in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.
This update was for the copies of documents I ordered. But there hasn't been any update for the GCMS notes thus far.

What could be the possible reason for such long delay? Has anyone else experienced this?

sakshamchahal

Sep 5, 2017
Don't worry you will get notes in next 5-10 days. Generally the processing time for caips notes is 30 days but when there are large number of application it can take up to 60 days also. I got my caips note on the 57th day

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Applied for CAIPS + Copies of my documents on October 16
On November 15 my the agency through which I applied received an email from CIC that stated: That, in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.
This update was for the copies of documents I ordered. But there hasn't been any update for the GCMS notes thus far.

What could be the possible reason for such long delay? Has anyone else experienced this?
This had happened with one of my friend too. dont really know what that means but if they are asking for extension then just wait.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
There is another guy in the forum + me who applied on Oct 16 and did not receive anything.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
There is another guy in the forum + me who applied on Oct 16 and did not receive anything.
CIC wont delay the notes unless they have a strong reason to do so. Just have patience. that dept charges for it so they are bound to give it to you or to the agency who applied on your behalf.

Sirish

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Don't worry you will get notes in next 5-10 days. Generally the processing time for caips notes is 30 days but when there are large number of application it can take up to 60 days also. I got my caips note on the 57th day
Day 58 today, feeling so hopeless

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
How long did it take him to get his?
His one arrived on the 62nd day but honestly all my other friends got exactly on the 30th or 31st day. I dont know what was different in his case.

Reactions: dreamy2536

Satty22k

Aug 8, 2019
I had also applied Caips notes for my husband and its more than 60 days goes but I haven’t received yet..even i send them email also but didn’t get any revert from their side!!!!

Sonu@1298

Aug 17, 2019
After refusal in how many days caips notes apply is mandatory, or any expiry date for applying caips notes after refusal

afrotimy

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2019
Hi Forum Users,

It's now day 63 and I haven't received my GCMS notes.

I am really helpless not knowing the detailed reason for my study permit refusal. They just said based on purpose of visit.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this because I am waiting for this note before re-applying the 3rd time.