+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date of getting qualified to practice in occupation - Express Entry profile

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
Hello,
I'm filling my Express entry profile and in the Application/ Profile Details page, there is a slot for entering the date of when "I" got qualified for for practicing in my occupation.

Reading the answers to similar questions in the forums, I understood that it should be the date of when I graduated with my education degree.

My primary occupation is Mechanical Engineers (NOC# 2132). I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from India in 2014 and then graduated with a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the US. I have an ECA from WES for this Master's degree and that is the only degree I'm uploading in my profile, as per the instructions on the IRCC website.

Now, considering my minimum requirement of Bachelor's degree is not included in my profile, can I still put the date of graduation for it. Will it create any problems considering there would be no proof of it included in the profile?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Koushal Patel

Jan 11, 2019
Now, considering my minimum requirement of Bachelor's degree is not included in my profile, can I still put the date of graduation for it. Will it create any problems considering there would be no proof of it included in the profile?
No problem. Just put the result date of your B.Tech.

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
Thank you very much for the reply Koushal!

Just curious, did you have the same situation as me or did you read about this somewhere?

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
I have a question related to NOC 2281 for Saskatchewan SINP program. have 10 years experience, I completed Masters just in 2019 and I have WES ECA as Masters degree. Can you please let me know if I can claim 10 years point as the experience was obtained prior to education considering no prior education?
Thank you

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
I have a question related to NOC 2281 for Saskatchewan SINP program. have 10 years experience, I completed Masters just in 2019 and I have WES ECA as Masters degree. Can you please let me know if I can claim 10 years point as the experience was obtained prior to education considering no prior education?
Thank you
I'm not completely sure about this, but I believe it can as long as it satisfies the minimum educational requirements listed in your NOC. I would suggest, putting this as the question in the forum itself.

Reactions: cybertruck

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Thank you
Did you complete a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field?

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Did you complete a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field?
Hello @Islander216 . Apologies for late replying and follow-up.

I am claiming 10 years experience for SINP but I didn't have any high-school, college or bachelor's education degree when I started my career back in 2011 as 2281 - Computer network technicians.

In 2017, I got admission in a Masters IT program directly due to professional experience and have completed Masters. WES equivalency (Masters in Canada)

Will this be any problem as my Masters degree is awarded in 2019 but am claiming points of experience since 2011 ?

Please reply :)

Much appreciated.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hello @Islander216 . Apologies for late replying and follow-up.

I am claiming 10 years experience for SINP but I didn't have any high-school, college or bachelor's education degree when I started my career back in 2011 as 2281 - Computer network technicians.

In 2017, I got admission in a Masters IT program directly due to professional experience and have completed Masters. WES equivalency (Masters in Canada)

Will this be any problem as my Masters degree is awarded in 2019 but am claiming points of experience since 2011 ?

Please reply :)

Much appreciated.
Well, this is an interesting case and I'm not sure to be honest.

It depends on whether they will stick to this notion that you need a degree to work in the field or not, although in IT i think this concept is more fluid given now you have people working in the field who come from IT boot camps and other methods of acquiring the relevant technical knowledge.

I can't say for sure, but if you have your work reference as prescribed, you should be okay especially now that you have a relevant qualification. But that's just my perspective.

Reactions: cybertruck

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Well, this is an interesting case and I'm not sure to be honest.

It depends on whether they will stick to this notion that you need a degree to work in the field or not, although in IT i think this concept is more fluid given now you have people working in the field who come from IT boot camps and other methods of acquiring the relevant technical knowledge.

I can't say for sure, but if you have your work reference as prescribed, you should be okay especially now that you have a relevant qualification. But that's just my perspective.
yes dear, I'll take the risk and will submit application to SINP. Rest is my fate :)

thank you so much for replying indeed.