+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date of Expiry on Stamped Visa is less than the duration of the whole program

RamSharma.pb

Sep 20, 2023
I got my visa stamped but the thing is that I got visa stamp expiry date as May2025 But my Program will be ending on December 2025, Can anyone guide me correctly do i need to do something or it's okay

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I got my visa stamped but the thing is that I got visa stamp expiry date as May2025 But my Program will be ending on December 2025, Can anyone guide me correctly do i need to do something or it's okay
Note that visa and permit are two different things. Visa is what you use to gain entry in Canada, and permit is what allows you to stay in Canada for work or study etc. What does your study permit says? Also, when is the expiration of your passport? In the visa counterfoil, does it say single entry or multiple entry?

RamSharma.pb

Sep 20, 2023
Note that visa and permit are two different things. Visa is what you use to gain entry in Canada, and permit is what allows you to stay in Canada for work or study etc. What does your study permit says? Also, when is the expiration of your passport? In the visa counterfoil, does it say single entry or multiple entry?
Hi
I got my study visa for May 24 intake, The date of expiration on stamp is May 25 but the program is lasting to December 25, the Letter of introduction (correspondence letter) has validity till May 25, So i was little confused that's why i asked here, Mine visa is Multiple entry. I will getting/collecting my study permit in April 2024.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I got my study visa for May 24 intake, The date of expiration on stamp is May 25 but the program is lasting to December 25, the Letter of introduction (correspondence letter) has validity till May 25, So i was little confused that's why i asked here, Mine visa is Multiple entry. I will getting/collecting my study permit in April 2024.
So you need to extend as soon as you enter Canada if CBSA doesn’t do it at the border. Multi entry visa has nothing to do with study permit length. You didn’t change DLIs through the process?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi
When you land in Canada, present your LOA and program enrolment to the CBSA officer. CBSA usually issue study permit according to the program length.

Reactions: Naturgrl

RamSharma.pb

Sep 20, 2023
So you need to extend as soon as you enter Canada if CBSA doesn’t do it at the border. Multi entry visa has nothing to do with study permit length. You didn’t change DLIs through the process?
Okay I was thinking to get it apply a month or two before expiry of study permit. Yeah I have same College and same course with length of 2years but granted visa for 1year only with respect to the course