+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date of Birth difference in Passport and 10th Certificate

sree5

Oct 11, 2015
Hello,

My date of birth is same and correct for both Passport and Birth certificate. But in my 10th certificate and all other educational as well as professional documents(including PAN) I have used my 10th DOB, which is wrong(1 year younger). I am in the first stage of Canada FSW, EE. Yet to start the Credential assessment. If this is an issue how to deal with it? Which Date of birth I need to mention in WES?

My background:
BE Anna university

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Boss you need to get this sorted. Use the 10th certificate to re-apply for a new passport. Since getting DoB updated in all the certificate is tougher than getting it for passport, it is better to get the passport sorted.

This can be a big issue in your application for EE and for any future travel to any country (US, EU, UK). Please get this sorted asap.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sree5 said:
Hello,

My date of birth is same and correct for both Passport and Birth certificate. But in my 10th certificate and all other educational as well as professional documents(including PAN) I have used my 10th DOB, which is wrong(1 year younger). I am in the first stage of Canada FSW, EE. Yet to start the Credential assessment. If this is an issue how to deal with it? Which Date of birth I need to mention in WES?

My background:
BE Anna university

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Changing DOB on 10th certificate and othet educational certificatr is impossible. You can change it in passport, but you will have to convince passport officer on this. Birth certificate is not asked as proof in EE. So if I were you, i would consider my 10th certificate as my DOB. Period.

I would like other members to advise aswell.

amaljosegeorge

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
2-2-2016
Its possible change dob in sslc certi as in birth certificate. I have done it.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^I saw the link.. but has anyone ever experienced being asked for birth certificate? I don't think they have ever asked anyone for this... only for dependent children..
Usually the date on your passport should be enough.. for exp, I don't have DOB in any other documents apart from passport... and I have never sent any school results (10th-12th, O-levels or A-levels) to any authorities (WES or CIC)... I don't think WES requires it.. they only need Bachelors or Masters...

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
EFK said:
^^I saw the link.. but has anyone ever experienced being asked for birth certificate? I don't think they have ever asked anyone for this... only for dependent children..
Usually the date on your passport should be enough.. for exp, I don't have DOB in any other documents apart from passport... and I have never sent any school results (10th-12th, O-levels or A-levels) to any authorities (WES or CIC)... I don't think WES requires it.. they only need Bachelors or Masters...
For ECA , they do not ask one to send Birth Certificate nor one needs to send 10th, 12th certificates. The person who asked this question did not just ask about ECA assessment. He stated that he is in the first stage of EE and asked about discrepancy in his DOB compared with 10 certificate. My answer was related to EE process.
In the immigration process, one needs Birth Certificate and 10th certificate is not considered as proof for DOB. Hope this clarifies your question.

sree5

Oct 11, 2015
Thanks a lot darklord, thank you guys for your response. So I should mention my DOB as in the passport for WES??

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
sree5 said:
Thanks a lot darklord, thank you guys for your response. So I should mention my DOB as in the passport for WES??
Yes, use that as long as that is same as Birth Certificate. :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Birth certificate is no required for PA/spouse/common-law partner. Only for dependent children.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darklord said:
First of all wrong information presented by Hemi247 - Birth Certificate is asked as DOB proof in EE and it is required. However, 10th Certificate is not taken as proof for DOB nor you need to upload 10th certificate. Don't worry about 10 certificate. You are good if your Birth Certificate and Passport has same DOB.

Secondly, changing DOB in 10 certificate is possible, its not easy but possible. In your case, its not required.

Thirdly, I am not saying Birth Certificate is required but not 10th certificate without providing proof. Refer this link (http://www.canadavisa.com/express-entry-invitation-to-apply-for-permanent-residence.html).
Check your facts mate prior you say all information presented by me is incorrect..as asivad stated, they dont ask date of birth certificate...god forbid if he is requested to present his educational certificates at any point of time, he can land in trouble....and good luck changing your dob in all the certificates...

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
Hemi427 said:
Check your facts mate prior you say all information presented by me is incorrect..as asivad stated, they dont ask date of birth certificate...god forbid if he is requested to present his educational certificates at any point of time, he can land in trouble....and good luck changing your dob in all the certificates...
Well mate you are right. I did not read fully that he has 10th DOB in all educational certificates when passport and birth certificate has something else. This is indeed a problem. I was confused and you did not give wrong information, sorry for my earlier response.

He has to indeed correct the DOB as per Birth certificate in all certificates. Apologies, once again. Also, I will remove my incorrect answer so it doesnt confuse others in future.

sree5

Oct 11, 2015
Hello darklord and all sorry for the confusion. My wrong DOB is visible only on 10th certificate and on my PAN card, university internal docs will have the same wrong DOB. But thankfully the wrong DOB is written on none of my university certificates. I am planning to change DOB on my 10th certificate and as I heard it will take around 2 weeks max. I think by that time I will be able to obtain my Transcripts from anna university by showing +2 certificate(has no DOB) instead of 10th.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sree5 said:
Hello darklord and all sorry for the confusion. My wrong DOB is visible only on 10th certificate and on my PAN card, university internal docs will have the same wrong DOB. But thankfully the wrong DOB is written on none of my university certificates. I am planning to change DOB on my 10th certificate and as I heard it will take around 2 weeks max. I think by that time I will be able to obtain my Transcripts from anna university by showing +2 certificate(has no DOB) instead of 10th.
If it is only on your school certificates, you don't need to bother as they won't be required either by WES or CIC.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Asivad Anac said:
If it is only on your school certificates, you don't need to bother as they won't be required either by WES or CIC.
Asivad, I think it is better to get something as important as DoB right across all the documents. EE, WES and CIC may not require it but it is critical to get a job. Employers nowadays do a proper background check and any doubt in things like DoB can destroy the background report for life.

PR is an important step of the life but if one of the major background verification company puts you in the blacklist, it becomes almost impossible to get a job nowadays.