+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date and place of your last entry to Canada

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Just confirming, place should be Vancouver Intl. Airport (YVR) if I passed immigration there regardless of what province I went? Thanks!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Just confirming, place should be Vancouver Intl. Airport (YVR) if I passed immigration there regardless of what province I went? Thanks!
That's correct :)

Reactions: bieber123

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
That's correct :)
Thanks! Kinda confusing lol. How about this? Current country of residence = date should be the same as the entry date, right? I visited another province at first then moved to another city with my spouse.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Thanks! Kinda confusing lol. How about this? Current country of residence = date should be the same as the entry date, right? I visited another province at first then moved to another city with my spouse.
Yeah, that doesn't matter. They are concerned with how long you have been in Canada in general, rather than how long you have been in each province. Start date for your residency would be day you entered Canada.

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, that doesn't matter. They are concerned with how long you have been in Canada in general, rather than how long you have been in each province. Start date for your residency would be day you entered Canada.
Thanks again!

Lastly, on IMM5710, The guide says if OWP you don't have to answer 2,3,4,6,7,8.
Question #8 for OWP, Have you been issued a certificate under the Provincial Nominee Program? Yes and No has *
And question #5, it isn't a required field.

Last edited:

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Thanks again!

Lastly, on IMM5710, The guide says if OWP you don't have to answer 2,3,4,6,7,8.
Question #8 for OWP, Have you been issued a certificate under the Provincial Nominee Program? Yes and No has *
And question #5, isn't a required field.
You can leave question #5 blank. I have no idea why they skip it in the guide... it confuses the heck out of people. You don't need to answer it for the OWP. For question #8 you can just answer no

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
You can leave question #5 blank. I have no idea why they skip it in the guide... it confuses the heck out of people. You don't need to answer it for the OWP. For question #8 you can just answer no
Thanks alot again for the fast reply!

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
I have a related question, which now I feel bad about...

when i was doing IMM0008, and any other form that asked for most recent place of entry, all I put was Toronto, rather than Toronto, Pearson Intl Airport.

Do you think an application could be returned for that?

When I filled in the form to extend my wife's stay in Canada, that was all I put (no issues at that time), so i just did it the same way...

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I have a related question, which now I feel bad about...

when i was doing IMM0008, and any other form that asked for most recent place of entry, all I put was Toronto, rather than Toronto, Pearson Intl Airport.

Do you think an application could be returned for that?

When I filled in the form to extend my wife's stay in Canada, that was all I put (no issues at that time), so i just did it the same way...
Flying into Toronto is the only way to enter Canada via Toronto (there's no land crossing) so they will know what you're talking about, it's all good.

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Flying into Toronto is the only way to enter Canada via Toronto (there's no land crossing) so they will know what you're talking about, it's all good.
you think so? I hope so lol...good thing her passport has a stamp...should hopefully help

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I just remembered on the OWP app checklist IMM5556, I checked the photocopy of your current immigration document(if you have one) since I have attached my TRV Visa. Will that be fine?

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I just remembered on the OWP app checklist IMM5556, I checked the photocopy of your current immigration document(if you have one) since I have attached my TRV Visa. Will that be fine?
Still worrying about this. Immigration document = TRV, right?

Logaranjani

Aug 31, 2018
hi,

Thanks in advance for your guidance for filling up the form imm5710e-open work permit inside canada which iam doing currently. just 1 question is pending for submission, that is 'most recent entry to canada' ..i entered only once to canada and staying till now, that date i put for another question, 'original entry to canada' . if i put the same date for most recent entry and original entry, it shows error like both dates should not be equal.. i am stuck because of this, help center agent is not picking up the phone. pls help me.

ankur gandhi

Jan 12, 2019
hi,

Thanks in advance for your guidance for filling up the form imm5710e-open work permit inside canada which iam doing currently. just 1 question is pending for submission, that is 'most recent entry to canada' ..i entered only once to canada and staying till now, that date i put for another question, 'original entry to canada' . if i put the same date for most recent entry and original entry, it shows error like both dates should not be equal.. i am stuck because of this, help center agent is not picking up the phone. pls help me.
so what is update on this?