+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Data Analyst/Scientist Remote/On-Site Jobs in Canada

Aug 15, 2023
Hyderabad
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi everyone,
Hope whoever is reading this can help me out.

I am presently situated in India and hold the role of a Data Analyst within a US-based corporation. Having recently completed my studies at the esteemed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), I have garnered a year's worth of professional experience.

My aspiration is to transition my career to Canada however, I find myself encountering challenges in securing employment opportunities within the Canadian job market. A recurring trend has emerged wherein my applications are consistently met with rejection. I am currently endeavoring to discern whether the underlying cause lies in my limited work experience or the potential absence of requisite work authorization.

Given these circumstances, I am seeking guidance and insight regarding pertinent job portals or avenues through which individuals with my background and aspirations may effectively connect with potential employers in Canada. Your guidance in this matter would be immensely appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
Hope whoever is reading this can help me out.

I am presently situated in India and hold the role of a Data Analyst within a US-based corporation. Having recently completed my studies at the esteemed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), I have garnered a year's worth of professional experience.

My aspiration is to transition my career to Canada however, I find myself encountering challenges in securing employment opportunities within the Canadian job market. A recurring trend has emerged wherein my applications are consistently met with rejection. I am currently endeavoring to discern whether the underlying cause lies in my limited work experience or the potential absence of requisite work authorization.

Given these circumstances, I am seeking guidance and insight regarding pertinent job portals or avenues through which individuals with my background and aspirations may effectively connect with potential employers in Canada. Your guidance in this matter would be immensely appreciated.
You will not get any responses to job postings because you don’t have work authorization/permit. You need to find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process - filing and paying for a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR has the experience and education, only you have it. So the chances are low that you will find an employer.

Aug 15, 2023
Hyderabad
Category........
BUSINESS
You will not get any responses to job postings because you don’t have work authorization/permit. You need to find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process - filing and paying for a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR has the experience and education, only you have it. So the chances are low that you will find an employer.
Agreed.
I have few very basic questions which needed some clarifications. These are very basic but creates confusion for me.
1. To get a work permit, one needs to have a job or without that also is it possible?
2. Getting a job while not being in Canada is difficult but people still somehow ends up getting one. Do I need to keep looking out for those employers who are willing to provide sponsorship or applying for PR is also a smart option? (I guess it does not require one to have a job but some financial proofs)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Agreed.
I have few very basic questions which needed some clarifications. These are very basic but creates confusion for me.
1. To get a work permit, one needs to have a job or without that also is it possible?
2. Getting a job while not being in Canada is difficult but people still somehow ends up getting one. Do I need to keep looking out for those employers who are willing to provide sponsorship or applying for PR is also a smart option? (I guess it does not require one to have a job but some financial proofs)
1. To get a work permit, you not only need a job offer but the employer needs an approved LMIA proving no Canadian/Pr can be hired.
2. It is difficult. Most people immigrate first through Express Entry, and then find a job once in Canada.

Aug 15, 2023
Hyderabad
Category........
BUSINESS
Thankyou for these insights.
1. Let's say for all those jobs posted by employers on Linkedin/Indeed/Workopolis, the primary reason for my rejection is maybe they might have found a potential employee within the country. In that case I would never end up finding any such employer who would like to sponsor me. What options do I have left with?
2. To immigrate via Express Entry, if supposedly one does not have a job, what documents/proof of funding does one needs to provide?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou for these insights.
1. Let's say for all those jobs posted by employers on Linkedin/Indeed/Workopolis, the primary reason for my rejection is maybe they might have found a potential employee within the country. In that case I would never end up finding any such employer who would like to sponsor me. What options do I have left with?
2. To immigrate via Express Entry, if supposedly one does not have a job, what documents/proof of funding does one needs to provide?
1. Correct, if they can hire from within Canada then no need to hire a foreign worker. Options are focus on immigration programs like EE or PNPs. Study in Canada is an expensive option and doesn’t guarantee PR.
2. Don’t need a job for EE but need to show work experience in the NOC. Need at least one year of continuous, skilled, FT work experience with job letter.

Aug 15, 2023
Hyderabad
Category........
BUSINESS
1. PNP offers 600 points in CRS and increases your chances of getting a PR. However to get a PNP a province needs to identify within its province whether their demand can be fulfilled by someone in Canada or not, only then they would nominate someone to work within their province. This case is similar to getting a work permit.
2. Any minimum bank funds required?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. PNP offers 600 points in CRS and increases your chances of getting a PR. However to get a PNP a province needs to identify within its province whether their demand can be fulfilled by someone in Canada or not, only then they would nominate someone to work within their province. This case is similar to getting a work permit.
2. Any minimum bank funds required?
1. You need to research each PNP program and see if eligible based on CRS score and NOC. Non EE PNPs require a job offer.
2. Of course. Fund requirements are on the EE website.