16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
shazdehTheSecond said:
just because we have no ppr in this tiny group, doesn't mean that the office is closed! stay positive guys! :)

btw, i may get an attractive job offer in the US. if i move there, will it have any impact on our case? does anyone happen to know?
ofcourse my friend, because you agreed to take care of the person you are sponsoring for 3 years so they dont seek government assistance and if you are residing in another country its going to make it all more difficult, i say you wait till your wife comes and then make the decision, its a critical stage right now, anything can change the case in a big way, i mean here in the immigration office i work, they give SUCH A HARD time to people from the US living here on PR , i dont know why but hey i guess they do that to canadian in the us so ,

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
Azadehkhanoom said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Sorry I couldn't come to the forum sooner, I was really busy this week.
So my husband went to the Canadian embassy in Damascus on Sunday. He told me there were about 40-50 people who had come to collect their visa there.So the embassy is working strong.The thing that was interesting for me was that they were not all sponsorship cases but quebec cases, skilled workers and ....
So he went in and handed his passport(it took 30 minutes) and the next day he went there at 3 and got his passport and immigration papers.
I know that you are all worried and miss your spouses, but be patient.They are still open and working, although maybe not at a fast pace.
Hope the list here turns all green real soon.

mercc az update aziz, its good to hear, we all have to stay patient as you say, im happy for you, be ghole khanande hala be fasele mikhandi, now you can laugh at the distance

htraboul

May 27, 2011
nath18 said:
i just wanna ask a question: 2 months ago, i received a mail from damascus after sending them one, to ask them if they received my file and if evthg is ok. (because i sent my file in december).
so they replied saying "votre dossier est en cours d'etude", they never mentionned when the treatment started. do u think it started when they sent the email? and can anyone tell me if "en cours d'etude" means they r almost done with it...or anthg else? i'm desperate for some answers ::)
I got the same answer 3 months ago "votre dossier est en cours d'etude". I dont believe that this means that they are processing the file. It dosnt make sense, if they read one page per day they would have finished before.
I think that would mean that they have already opened the file, gave a number, checked if something is missed or not, and they put it in the Queue to be processed.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
htraboul said:
I got the same answer 3 months ago "votre dossier est en cours d'etude". I dont believe that this means that they are processing the file. It dosnt make sense, if they read one page per day they would have finished before.
I think that would mean that they have already opened the file, gave a number, checked if something is missed or not, and they put it in the Queue to be processed.
i think a file in process does not mean that they read it continously....one officer looks over one part then when that's done it forwards maybe to another to look on another part...during this time a few weeks could pass even months (this is why on caips notes sometimes u have a bring forward date = date when they will study again the file)....then they could do background, security checks to make sure u r who u say u r, u r actually married etc....these checks r done through other agencies which usually in middle east r slow....if the case is more complicated these checks will b longer....if the applicant have been in Canada and overstayed, was deported, they could ask CBSA to do checks too...if the applicant was resident in many places, again extra checks....of course they could wave all this and maybe for female applicants they do (no military service papers, etc) there r a lot of steps and procedures and things to make sure cuz at the end that person will live in Canada, it's not a visit visa

so from the moment they open the file it means it's in process does not mean that they currently read it....they could actually read it now or it could b in a queue for another stage....it's a generic reply email :) patience is the key :)

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
ok thanks htraboul and missmini for ur answers :-X

NH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Dear Nath,

nath18 said:
i just wanna ask a question: 2 months ago, i received a mail from damascus after sending them one, to ask them if they received my file and if evthg is ok. (because i sent my file in december).
so they replied saying "votre dossier est en cours d'etude", they never mentionned when the treatment started. do u think it started when they sent the email? and can anyone tell me if "en cours d'etude" means they r almost done with it...or anthg else? i'm desperate for some answers ::)
Dear Nath my file was recieved by damascus on 15 december. but when my MP got an update from damascus, he said they started working on my file on 19th april exactly the same day when i recieved document request to submit the RQ. it means 4 months after i received my Bfile number

hope it helps

mazloom

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010
Doc's Request.
10-11-2010
File Transfer...
02-10-2010
alialialrikabi said:
good morning every one any ppr today my nightmare will nver end 2 months after second medical ex ...... nothing yet
Hi alialialrikabi,
Did you take your second medical exam because of embassy's request or by your decision?

mazloom

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010
Doc's Request.
10-11-2010
File Transfer...
02-10-2010
htraboul said:
Hi,

Does anyone know if they request medical exam in the case of student permit?
Yes, students should take it. I also did it when I got my student visa.

Apr 24, 2011
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 07 2010
mazloom said:
Hi alialialrikabi,
Did you take your second medical exam because of embassy's request or by your decision?
hi mazloom its was by embassys request after first medical ex.. expired last email was recieved by my local mpp said medical ex, result was recieved and reviewing the file if they need more informtion will contact i don,t know how long will wait to ppr

NH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
mazloom said:
Yes, students should take it. I also did it when I got my student visa.
Dear Mazloom,

Did they ask for the second medical roght after it expired or it took some time?????

mazloom

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010
Doc's Request.
10-11-2010
File Transfer...
02-10-2010
NH said:
Dear Mazloom,

Did they ask for the second medical roght after it expired or it took some time?????
They asked us after about 2 weeks of expiration of my old test.

mazloom

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010
Doc's Request.
10-11-2010
File Transfer...
02-10-2010
yenafar said:
Got my visa stamped today
Congratulations yenafar! Did you pick your passport up by yourself or they mailed it to you?

mazloom

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010
Doc's Request.
10-11-2010
File Transfer...
02-10-2010
alialialrikabi said:
hi mazloom its was by embassys request after first medical ex.. expired last email was recieved by my local mpp said medical ex, result was recieved and reviewing the file if they need more informtion will contact i don,t know how long will wait to ppr
I think it's good to send a follow up letter to them because you have passed the 11 month processing time of Damascus.