+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Omid.G

Sep 13, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wooowwwww......Congratulations Jalalk!! :) I'm so happy for you and wish you a very happy life together in Canada after that long wait. your timeline is very close to mine and its encouraging for me.
I wish same good news for everybody in this forum before the end of january specially for those who have passed the normal processing time.

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
Congrats Rana hope your husband and your life will have a happy life together :). Congrats to JalalK as well! Kamal Omid and Eli inchallah you guys will be called soon as it seems things are starting to roll smoothly with our friends in the middle-east :p

luli986

Jan 8, 2011
Hi :)

So i decided to share my story since i have some questions left unanswered. I sponsored my husband feburary 2010 from lebanon. Damascus started processing at the end of March. SO far we have heard nothing. During this time I have left and returned to lebanon twice. We have been married for over a year now and had our wedding in october. I left in june returned in ocotber and spending my days here waiting. Beginning of november we went to syria to ask about the application and the lady told me that its in queue for processing. they have not asked for any additional papers or anything. There has been no changes at all. Now will the medical exam expire since it was done in feburary? and after contacting my MP thru email she told me that she contacted the Ministry of immigration and they will be contacting me on the status of the file? How? Its been over 9 months now and nothing has happened. What does in 'queue' mean anyway. And what are my options to somehow make this come to an end now? any ideas? they really make your life complicated with their ways I am so dissapointed and feel like giving up.. what can you do

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
Hi luli. I think since your husband's medical will expire in February which is next month it's better he does it again and send it to them before they ask for it because medicals expire after a year. I find it weird that it's been 9 months and you haven't heard anything from them at all except that it's processing? When they say it's in queue it means it's in line to be reviewed but I don't think you should base yourself on that response because that's just an automatically generated response they give to everyone. When you filled out your application did you include wedding photos, e-mails, phone bills, plane tickets etc??? because maybe if you didn't back up your file enough they'll take more time to process it ?? Wallah I don't know.. On the other hand maybe it's a good sign maybe they didn't contact you because everything is fine and your husband will be called very soon. Did you requesting beirut or damas for the office of interview?

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Luli986
You have exactly the same situation as me. They keep telling me my case is in queue for the last 4 months. I don't think anybody knows what waiting in queue means !! It seems that this queue is something virtual and it doesn't move forward it just goes backward.
Do not redo the medical unless they ask you to do so. In some cases they will extend the medical automatically up to 3 months , this is what Damascus office told me,but my lawyer said its a new trend since November 2010 and it usually do not include people from middle Asia, so I'm not so positive about that. They said when we asked you to renew your medical, your papers won't go through the normal processing. In this case medical will be stamped as urgent so wait until they request for a new medical.
About the questionnaire it seems they didn't ask you for that, its ok nothing to worry. The questionnaire is just waste of time because we already answer all those questions in the forms.Maybe they ask you in future but it in not a big deal.
My file is in Damascus for 9 months and 8 days, when I simply ask them you said 9 months she laughed and said you are among those 20% that takes up to 16 months. I did really get mad, I wish I have applied through other country. Damascus office is so rude and irresponsible. Don't they understand the importance of family!!They are ruining everything for us. We can't do anything except waiting and praying. Hopefully they will ask for your husband's passport very soon.

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Nagz2207
Thanks for your support.I'm really tired of this meaningless process. I hope your case will be finalized very soon.

Dear Omid
I'm sure you will be called very soon in the upcoming week. By now your medical is examined and now it is time for visa. Be ready for the good news.

Dear AAM
There is no update for my file. I'm still waiting.........

Dear Bmhumadi
We haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still waiting for the visa?Can you please update us with your file status?

arachir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Dear Eli
salam,may I ask are you citizen or pr? I am pr,just am thinking might it takes more time for pr's

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Arachir
Salam.I'm a citizen, but I believe being a PR is better in this case. If you are citizen you can go back and be with your spouse but if you are a PR you can't leave Canada, so they are sure you are apart from your spouse, in this case they will put PR applicants in higher priority than a citizen applicant.

Abul Abed

Nov 1, 2010
Hello all,

Thanks for your warm wishes and Happy New Year! I've been asked before on how I managed to get my wife over and my answer is : Visitor's Visa. I've been told before on this thread that chances are slim-to-none that a sponsored person could get a TRV. Most of the comments were based on conversations my fellow bloggers had with their lawyers. I will stick with my comments that lawyers do not fully know what could be done and are a big waste of your hard-earned money. I made sure that the paperwork was in complete order before I flew to Jordan to submit the Visa application and ,of course, to have my wedding reception. The official there intreviewed my wife and I and gladly made the decision to grant her the Visa for 6 months. To those who are in fairly similar situations, you may go ahead and give it a shot.
So, now we have 6 months of extra time and 4 months have elapsed since the submission of the Sponsorship Application to Mississauga. Thanks and good luck everyone!

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation abul abed and to everyone else who have got the opportunity to reunite with their families
thanks nagz2207 and everyone for your warm wishes to finish our cases
this long process is really hard on us all and is tough to be seperated from our loved ones

being a citizen or a permanent resident has nothing to make a case go faster or slower, it is the officer who is dealing with your case, so either they start and finish the case or wait for more paper work and start from point zero when they recieved new info that is needed to finish the case and meanwhile medical will expire and so on and on
a citizen can go and be beside their families until process is over but who can afford to leave a job/ school after the hard hunting for a job with high earning and wait for the process so citizens are stuck to stay in canada continue working hard and pay taxes and pay the lawyers for their cases and be away from their loved ones and Permanent residents have the choice to be here again and there on and off as long as they continue to show/prove they will be in canada when process is done which means they can continue to visit their loved ones as visitors overseas

both, we are stuck. I am hoping to hear some good news soon and for everyone else here to be united soon with your families . Happy new year everyone and good luck

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
I have sent an e-mail on Dec. 23rd to Embassy and asked for update and if they need any documents , following is the answer I have got today :

Dear Sir:

Please be advised that the application is in queue for review. Please be patient as we will contact you when the application reaches the next stage of processing. In the meantime, if there is any change in the information submitted for the application please inform us as soon as possible.
Regards,
Immigration Section
Canadian Embassy, Damascus

I don't think this is an automatic reply , because if it was an automatic reply why it took 17 days to reply AUTOMATICALLY !!!

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear my friends,

I wasnt very active these days because I didn't have internet connection in Syria
I finally got my visaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! I received passpot request on 7th january and tonight I picked my passport up with visa affixed in it.
I'm so happy...
I Think going to the embassy works,,, I suggest everyone to go the embassy in person if possible
they are really sunny and will help you re your application if you travel to Damascus together
Now I am leaving damascus with my wife while we are extremely happy...
Happy ending.... !!!
I hope all of you will receive passport request soon specially Eli and kamal and iman...
bY3 all

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Rezan
Congratulations, I'm very happy for you guys.Now you can start a new life in here. Wish you a happy and beautiful life together. Thanks for your wish but I'm not so optimistic about the process my medical expires soon, and still no news. I'm planning to go back to Iran, I'm done with this waiting and this meaningless process.

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
Rezan, I am so happy for you , wish you and your wife all the best.

Would you please let us know what happened when you visited the embassy and how they helped you with your application ?

arachir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
congratulation rezan

wish u best life in canada.
dear Eli,I am thinking like you,actually I reserved ticked for end of Jan to come back to Iran.I hate this disordering.I am bored of waiting,it doesnt worth it.

best wish for all