10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
Nenan said:
OMG what? 6 -8months from February ? why? this is baaaaaaaaaaaaad news,this kill me,my patience depleted,impossible,what about the applicants who passed the 14 months or 16 months waiting here in this forum?? if add 8months,its 2years ,2 year to sponsor his wife or her husband? please friends tell me its a jock ,if this is true then why there is applicant through the passed 2 months they got ppr without waiting added 6 or 8 months ?? this news smelled from stupid lawyer or MP
No , don't beleive. We have been in the process longer than her and we have seen that anything can happen. It all depends on luck.
She said the vo in london issues visa in 6 or 7 months that is probably for a new case. Our situation is different. We can't relate processing time of other vo to our cases.
People please don't post things that you are not sure or hear from unreliable sources. And please not your guesses. Some of them can cause alot of stress in our lives. You are free to post anything but please keep in mind before posting that how what you say here can depress or scaresome people

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
karimbutty said:
good morning friends
I heard from friend from UAE applied to Canadian embassy -London that all Visas now will take from 6-8 months so within the next weeks all of you will hear a very good news
Plus karimbutty ment to say a postive thing. The words got mouth to mouth and turned in to a negative thing.
That is why I say don't post false statments. Everybody reads it from their point of view. When I read that I knew it is not true but I wished that I could get my visa in 6 months even from today. But for the people who applied 16 months ago it is a scary news.
Please don't relate vos together.
MPs and lawers say lots of things to keep us quiet for afew months

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
JayJ said:
I got word from my MP's office today that Amman's 80% processing time is now up to 15-17 months.

Remember that this could go up even further, especially if a lot of processing isn't done before summer vacation.

I'm convinced that we have to get media involved even more now.

Nicholas Keung <--- nkeung @ thestar.ca
The Current <--- http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/contact/
W5 <--- http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/WFive/20100109/w5_faq_100109/
What????!! 17 months? And this is above the waiting time of Damascus? Or it includes the time the files were in Damascus?

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
rah said:
Plus karimbutty ment to say a postive thing. The words got mouth to mouth and turned in to a negative thing.
That is why I say don't post false statments. Everybody reads it from their point of view. When I read that I knew it is not true but I wished that I could get my visa in 6 months even from today. But for the people who applied 16 months ago it is a scary news.
Please don't relate vos together.
MPs and lawers say lots of things to keep us quiet for afew months
Nicely said.
The only part I don't agree is what u said about MPs.
There is no reason that they mislead us, especially when u can refer to them again.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
my dear friends i know i was silent but i do read almost every day and i feel for u that still no news...anyway i just want to share with u that i'm officially part of the group ;) today we got the sponsorship approval after we waited 83 days (faster then the current timeline which is 88)...in a way be happy cuz last year when most of u applied it took maybe 30 days....these months not knowing even if our file is there were a killer....i guess good practice for stage 2...
also they forwarded the file to Amman - thanks God not to Abu-Dhabi which still has 25 months of wait....hope we took the right decision cuz now Abu-Dhabi looks faster with some applications but u never know on which side of the coin u end up...i hope the processing times mentioned before r rumors and honestly i don't believe they will show any processing time yet for Amman or Beirut cuz these r calculated considering the number of visas issued vs the number or applications for the past 12 months and they didn't work for 12 months yet....anyway, until u see something officially written don't believe anything
best of luck for all....send u some positive vide, i have plenty now ;):D:-*

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
missmini said:
my dear friends i know i was silent but i do read almost every day and i feel for u that still no news...anyway i just want to share with u that i'm officially part of the group ;) today we got the sponsorship approval after we waited 83 days (faster then the current timeline which is 88)...in a way be happy cuz last year when most of u applied it took maybe 30 days....these months not knowing even if our file is there were a killer....i guess good practice for stage 2...
also they forwarded the file to Amman - thanks God not to Abu-Dhabi which still has 25 months of wait....hope we took the right decision cuz now Abu-Dhabi looks faster with some applications but u never know on which side of the coin u end up...i hope the processing times mentioned before r rumors and honestly i don't believe they will show any processing time yet for Amman or Beirut cuz these r calculated considering the number of visas issued vs the number or applications for the past 12 months and they didn't work for 12 months yet....anyway, until u see something officially written don't believe anything
Hi missmini. Why did you say I hope made a good decision? Could you chose that your file goes to Amman or Abu dabi

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 16 2011 and Jan 16 2012
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012

isar

Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Apr/2010
Doc's Request.
14/Jun/2010
File Transfer...
29/May/2010
Interview........
18/Aug/2010
Passport Req..
14/Jun/2010
Hello everyone,

I have a question and hope some one could help me with that.

"I heard about a new regulation that may be coming into place that would dictate that a couple would have to be married for 2 years after spousal sponsorship or the immigrant would lose his PR"

Is this true?

Thanks for the help in advance.

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 &amp; 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
guys i think we all know from experience that nothing can be confirmed, honestly unless i get a piece of paper from the embassy saying u have to wait 10 more months i wont believe anything, but anyways as far as the latest "NEWS" its impossible, neither the embassies nor visa officers have any kind of timeline, they cant , because applications keep coming in, its not like since damascus closed they stopped accepting other files, it takes an average of 4 months to figure out an ESTIMATE, from what i was able to figure out ankara,beirut or amman dont have an estimate for files now, the only thing they told us is that the approx 3 months is added to the previous time for new applicants, for example ankara is 8 for new files, and for files transferred from damascus...well as i said no one knows yet, impossible to tell, but they are handing out visas left and right,i am aware of 3 people who got visas from ankara this month, they were all waiting more than 10 months, im optimistic... you guys all made excellent points, i can say this for sure, if a visa office is going to stop handing out ppr's for a while and start again they arent going to give out 2 or 3 and then wait a couple months and then hand more out, its impossible, and since we have seen ppr's we know it cannot be true that they arent working or etc, beirut is much slower then amman and amman is slower then ankara, pretty much thats the way things are right now but that doesnt mean much either, lets not freak ourselves out,

honestly neither me or any mp or any lawyer or any minister can make you feel PEACE and CALM inside, the only thing that will bring those feelings is news from embassies about new ppr's , i think thats what we all are looking forward to

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 16 2011 and Jan 16 2012
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012
I hope they would do that , its a good way to protect people from fraud marriages!

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
isar said:
Hello everyone,

I have a question and hope some one could help me with that.

"I heard about a new regulation that may be coming into place that would dictate that a couple would have to be married for 2 years after spousal sponsorship or the immigrant would lose his PR"

Is this true?

Thanks for the help in advance.
http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/new-law-curb-canada-fraudulent-marriages-17750.html

there is a few new laws coming into order, the most recent is that if the person comes to canada and divorces the sponsor they cannot sponsor anyone for 5 years , also it makes it difficult for them to qualify for government subsidies and on the grounds of marriage fraud .... the face deportation! i know the deportation will never happen but yeah they mention it anyway, the government knows once the person puts their FOOT in canada its impossible to do anything to them, so they try to make the process as DIFFICULT AS POSSIBLE! which sucks for genuine marriages

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
oh and i forgot to mention no that is not true :) there is no law that says a PR card can be taken from anyone, not yet anyway, maybe in the years to come

isar

Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Apr/2010
Doc's Request.
14/Jun/2010
File Transfer...
29/May/2010
Interview........
18/Aug/2010
Passport Req..
14/Jun/2010
sohrab919 said:
oh and i forgot to mention no that is not true :) there is no law that says a PR card can be taken from anyone, not yet anyway, maybe in the years to come
Hi Sohrab,

Thanks for the reply.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
missmini said:
Missmini,

All this time that u were participating in the discussions, u even didn't have a file with cic?
I don't know why but from the number of posts u had in this forum, I thought that u r in the last stage of the process.....anyway, welcome to the waiting line officially! Lol ;D

karimbutty

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Good Morning all Friends
I am so sorry If I delivered to you the news that you all accepted as a bad news, I am very optimistic about all the cases inshalla will end and take your visas as soon as possible, Inshalla within the next days we will hear a very good news, each day I saw so many families on the queue in front of Can. embassy Amman , so they are working on our files and inshalla the day that we will get our visa is close.
god bless you all