+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

L

laleh_d

siavashf said:
Laleh jan,

There is so much confusion at the moment that even CIC employees can't tell u whats going on. My recommendation is to be patient and follow the news to see whats going on. I'm also waiting to see whats going on, my medical will be expired exactly in 30 days and then I don't know where should I send the new one!.......change of visa office is not necessarily a bad thing, maybe in the beginning it causes some delay but in the long run it will compensate the lost time. U r a passport holder, so be with ur hubby and enjoy ur life and be sure that one way or another Canada will issue the visa for him.
Thank you Siavash jan,

I guess the only option right now is to wait and see how things will turn out. I am hoping that in the long run we will all benefit from the change. :)

L

laleh_d

Guys, can anybody tell me what things to provide in order to prove that your relationship is genuine?
Here is the list of things I have provided:

40-50 photos of us with friends and family members since three years ago.
5-6 pictures of our marriage ceremony with family members. ( we didn't have a wedding reception the ceremony took place at my grandparents' with our close relatives)
one phone bill indicating the number of calls I've made to him in 2008 when we weren't married yet.
marriage certificate translated to English
- copy of airline tickets indicating that I have been travelling back and forth to see him.
- Also we got married 16 months before we applied for sponsorship since he wasn't exempted from military services yet. so I'm not sure if they consider it an indication of our genuine relationship.

Do you guys think I have provided enough evidence? The reason I'm asking this is if I need to provide more info I can send them now before they ask me to send them to save more time.

Thank you

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
vivi2 said:
my husband's medicals will be expired in a month exactly too! lol! and i guess we can't redo them ourselves unlike other people did before, cuz we won't know where to send it! i'm pretty sure we will all get some emails in this week and the week after :)
Yep, having talked to my lawyer he said not to be proactive and wait till they ask for ur medical. He even told me that some of his clients never been asked for the second medical and the expired one was accepted by CIC (I don't know how could this be possible!)

So vivi jan, khoda kone ke in khare az pol begzare!

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
laleh_d said:
Guys, can anybody tell me what things to provide in order to prove that your relationship is genuine?
Here is the list of things I have provided:

40-50 photos of us with friends and family members since three years ago.
5-6 pictures of our marriage ceremony with family members. ( we didn't have a wedding reception the ceremony took place at my grandparents' with our close relatives)
one phone bill indicating the number of calls I've made to him in 2008 when we weren't married yet.
marriage certificate translated to English
- copy of airline tickets indicating that I have been travelling back and forth to see him.
- Also we got married 16 months before we applied for sponsorship since he wasn't exempted from military services yet. so I'm not sure if they consider it an indication of our genuine relationship.

Do you guys think I have provided enough evidence? The reason I'm asking this is if I need to provide more info I can send them now before they ask me to send them to save more time.

Thank you
Laleh jan,

Seems ok. If I were in your shoes, I would trying to gather information proving my intention in returning to Canada......I believe with the documents you have provided there is no doubt about the genuineness of ur marriage. Yet you have to convince the visa officer that you'll return to Canada if the pr is granted to ur husband.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Arezou said:
I love her too. I hope it brings us good chance!
U hope it brings us good luck?! Lolllllll ;D Damn u Damascus! See what have u done to one of the most active members of this forum!
Due to waiting for such a long time from our loved ones, we have become so desperate that we can interpret any symbol into what we like!
Hey Kitten bring us health, wealth and PR....Yalah! :p

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
Syria is open by now cause I think it is around or close to 8 am! I am really hoping we hear news today about what they are doing to our files! Let's pray for the best! :D

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
feverdreams said:
Syria is open by now cause I think it is around or close to 8 am! I am really hoping we hear news today about what they are doing to our files! Let's pray for the best! :D
its still 6.30 am, hope to hear good news today, i wish you all good luck today.

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
whoops not sure why I thought it was almost 8. I guess I though the time difference was 8 hours. Ah well few more hours and it will open!

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
i wake up everyday at 6 and start waiting and checking my mail hoping to hear something, this waiting driving me crazy, anyway i hope ppl in this fourm hear good news and make us happy i get all excited when someone get his ppr makes me feel im getting closer.

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
musab said:
i wake up everyday at 6 and start waiting and checking my mail hoping to hear something, this waiting driving me crazy, anyway i hope ppl in this fourm hear good news and make us happy i get all excited when someone get his ppr makes me feel im getting closer.
Oh goodness gracious, do not do that to yourself! Live your day with this process in the back on your head, if you keep going like this it will only depress you more. Go to work or school or do SOMETHING to kill time other than checking your email.

I hope we hear SOMETHING today rather than this silence from the embassy.

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
feverdreams said:
Oh goodness gracious, do not do that to yourself! Live your day with this process in the back on your head, if you keep going like this it will only depress you more. Go to work or school or do SOMETHING to kill time other than checking your email.

I hope we hear SOMETHING today rather than this silence from the embassy.
well i do keep my self busy, i think im going hunting or maybe fishing, thanx for your advice. im almost 10 months ;) ;)

O

Ottawa_2010

Dear Applicants,

I think that all of the sponsors that currently live in Canada should contact local radio station and NEWS papers.

It will not make any difference to our applications as we are already living this nightmare. It might however help future applicants.

Canadians do not know what we are going through, let them know how un-efficient the process is.

I have friends in the USA and the UK.

It takes 6 months max to sponsor someone in the USA and 3 weeks in the UK.

May god bless us all.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Ottawa_2010 said:
Dear Applicants,

I think that all of the sponsors that currently live in Canada should contact local radio station and NEWS papers.

It will not make any difference to our applications as we are already living this nightmare. It might however help future applicants.

Canadians do not know what we are going through, let them know how un-efficient the process is.

I have friends in the USA and the UK.

It takes 6 months max to sponsor someone in the USA and 3 weeks in the UK.

May god bless us all.
The least that Canada can do is to legislate a law that allows all the applicants to live with their spouse during the process. Either they should issue a Tourist visa for the applicants or let their spouses to live with them in their mother country.........current situation is very absurd that the newly married couples (I'm talking about PRs not citizens) are forced to live far from each other without knowing when all this long distance relationship will come to an end!!

O

Ottawa_2010

Agreed,

You know the first year is the most important in a relationship.

This process could impact the couples relation and it could lead to problems.

Very inconsiderate from a country that talks about human rights and try to teach others about it.

O

Ottawa_2010

Seriously i think if we talk to local radio stations and papers it would make a change for future applicants.

I will simply mention that this is impacting my relationship with my wife.

She is depressed and i cant let her go through this without making noise.

In some visa offices (Abu Dhabi) it takes around 2 and a half years.

When i think of the UK i go crazy. 3 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,