+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

L

laleh_d

Does anybody here know if an interview is a routine part of processing sponsorship application? If so, who is going to be interviewed?

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laleh_d said:
Does anybody here know if an interview is a routine part of processing sponsorship application? If so, who is going to be interviewed?
Hi laleh, I think it is not a routine, but also it is not a problem, also I think the applicant they worried about something in his papers or want from him more evidence, they may ask for interviewing him to take clearer answers from him.

L

laleh_d

Thank you for your reply.
if you don't mind may I ask when your application has been sent to CIC? I jusst need to get an idea of how long my husband's application going to take. Also did they ask you to redo your medical forms? I thought the whole thing is going to take less than a year since they ask for medicals in advance. :(

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
laleh_d said:
if you don't mind may I ask when your application has been sent to CIC? I jusst need to get an idea of how long my husband's application going to take. Also did they ask you to redo your medical forms? I thought the whole thing is going to take less than a year since they ask for medicals in advance. :(
laleh jan, as i told you before look at this link for getting an idea of how long it will take:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtfQZUdQjnUFdEtqNlF3UTljZDVkeW9Ka0FNQjJNV1E#gid=0
be prepared for something about 10-11-12 months of waiting ...

L

laleh_d

vivi2 said:
laleh jan, as i told you before look at this link for getting an idea of how long it will take:

be prepared for something about 10-11-12 months of waiting ...

Thank you Vivi joon for your reply. I have problems opening the link you sent me before. I just tried to reopen the link but no luck yet. I don't know if it;s because of the slow internet connection or sth else but I will keep on trying. I think it will give me a good idea of how long the whole process would take.

merci.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
laleh_d said:
Thank you Vivi joon for your reply. I have problems opening the link you sent me before. I just tried to reopen the link but no luck yet. I don't know if it;s because of the slow internet connection or sth else but I will keep on trying. I think it will give me a good idea of how long the whole process would take.

merci.
yeah i think it's because of the slow connection, because i couldn't open it either while i was in iran a few weeks ago!
do you want me to send it your email so you can download it from there? if you want you can pm me your email address ... :)

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laleh_d said:
Hi, you can ask and I will try to answer. we are here to support eachother and to share information from friends in the same boat.
I can't know for exactly when damascus had recieved my file.
in the web site they said my aplication in processing since 10 of jan. 2011.
about the medical I did it in the first, but after one year had passed on it they asked me to redo it again.

L

laleh_d

lele said:
Hi, you can ask and I will try to answer. we are here to support eachother and to share information from friends in the same boat.
I can't know for exactly when damascus had recieved my file.
in the web site they said my aplication in processing since 10 of jan. 2011.
about the medical I did it in the first, but after one year had passed on it they asked me to redo it again.
Thank you lele,
I wish you all the best.

still waiting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
??-02-2011 and 12-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2012
laleh_d said:
Thank you lele,
I wish you all the best.
I thought I'd share that the US embassy has announced that it will close its embassy in Damascus, which concludes even more conclusively that the Canadian embassy is closing either this week or by the end of the month. Hope that we will hear good news this coming week:) Have an amazing weekend everyone!

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
I applied for my husband 6 months ago. We got married in june. I sent the application in August. The website at that time said step 1 takes 58 days but I got the letter in 55 days. So that was in Ocober. In the same letter the said they are
sending it to Syria. Just afew days ago I called the call center to change phone nemuber and I found out that my application is not yet sent to Syria. still in Canada. It should have been sent 3 months ago(october). The lady told me maybe because syria is unsafe. Now I hear from people here that they are sending files to Turkey. I am guessing they have stopped sending new files to Syria until the older ones are transferred.
I want to know if there are people here that applied same time as me. I mean applied in mid August and got approval for the first step in October and have any news about where their file is now.

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
still waiting said:
I thought I'd share that the US embassy has announced that it will close its embassy in Damascus, which concludes even more conclusively that the Canadian embassy is closing either this week or by the end of the month. Hope that we will hear good news this coming week:) Have an amazing weekend everyone!
Hi,
When I was in Iran I went to the Visa office in Tehran because I wanted to ask a few question about the forms. Then I asked them if my visa office in Syria is still working they told me they are transfering all the files to Ukrine and Paris and by the end of the month they will close it. That was in July. I don't understand why it takes them so long to do something. Based on what I hear from others they are not working with all their capacity, so why don't they just close it and send the files somewhere that can do a better job.

aaa2012

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
K, everyone seems to have come to the conclusion that the embassy will be closing down and files are being transferred. Would you say that officers have completely stopped working on applications and they are just getting everything together to transfer the files?

I'm trying really hard not to care of what's going to happen, but I just don't want to have to wait longer than usual...

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
hey guys i was advised today by someone in syria that the embassy is now closed an files will be handled by other embassies in different countries....you might wanna contact ur mp's for more info ...i hope u all get the visas asap.
good luck to all
vivi and A + M and still waiting and alchemist ans sohrab and missmini hope ure all well and i hope it all comes to an end for u very soon.

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
still waiting said:
I also just read this... the article I read said it is in the "Pre closing" stage and will be shut down by the end of the month..... seems consistent with what we are hearing about the Canadian embassy being closed by the end if the month. I am cautiously optimistic. I think this small delay will make it faster in the long run.

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Ramz27 said:
hey guys i was advised today by someone in syria that the embassy is now closed an files will be handled by other embassies in different countries....you might wanna contact ur mp's for more info ...i hope u all get the visas asap.
good luck to all
vivi and A + M and still waiting and alchemist ans sohrab and missmini hope ure all well and i hope it all comes to an end for u very soon.
Thank you sweet Ramz:) I think of you often and hope you and your husband are enjoying every second by each others side;) Thank u for letting us know what you've heard on the embassey! it's all a little confusing right now but I think it will all be ok:)