18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
missmini said:
hi imatra i believe the same!!!!! ;) and i feel sad for those who cannot do that; hope no one will force us to do differently and Missisauga will easily process our files; let us both have a speedy sponsor approval :D good luck!! don't know if u said, didn't pay attention sorry :p but where were u living before in Canada? for me it's Montreal
Always in Toronto. Even though I travelled to Montreal a couple of times, around 10 years ago and fell in love with this vibrant city. I hope you don't mind me asking, where are you right now? With your love one or are you back home in Montreal?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
imatra said:
Always in Toronto. Even though I travelled to Montreal a couple of times, around 10 years ago and fell in love with this vibrant city. I hope you don't mind me asking, where are you right now? With your love one or are you back home in Montreal?
i'm with the loved one and that's my plan until we can move to Montreal together....but i miss my family and friends a lot a lot and i don't like Middle East too much (no offense to anyone)...i believe like u that my place is next to him no matter what, no matter where...i have friends in Toronto :D and i visited them a few years ago...i enjoyed the beach, cruise to some island, it's nice place too ;)

mousdewaga

Jan 10, 2012
Bonsoir tout le monde (^_^)

in one month it will be 1 year that my wife and I are apart, so i decided to go to Lebanon and visit for 2 weeks, it is inhumane to keep someone from living a normal descent married life.I know they can do better in improving the process. While Emailing and calling wont help in speeding up the process all we can do is wait and hope the situation in Syria gets better so that the FM wont close the embassy. Because then we all will have to wait longer.
Does anyone know what happens to the files and to where they are transferred if the embassy closes in Syria ?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well at least they follow guides and checklists, unlike it seems at my VO where following the rules seems to get you nowhere. But the 2 sets of medicals issue - that I really think is unfortunate for you guys at Damascus. I've been around on different threads and everyone is upset. You guys are upset, we're upset at Buffalo, the people with Islamabad are upset in part because they see the huge discrepancy between them and New Delhi, the other big-delay VOs like Singapore have people that are upset. I don't know either if there's really anything that can be done about it besides continuing to be patient. I know there is a forum member going through Singapore, @ bangkokcanuck, who has a link to a petition to the Canadian High Commission in Singapore in his signature - I noticed it got 85 signatures. Maybe someone might want to contact him and see how that's going for them.

missmini said:
there's no rationale!! they r either just too busy to change - guides, checklists, etc or they don't really care...i heard that abu-dhabi embassy still sends letter saying the process is 6-12 months (as it was maybe 3 years ago) when now it's 27months!!! it's not only time and money: why should anyone take yearly unnecessary x-ray and get radiated without any use?

also, i don't think the MP's care either :( we just had elections last year, the government has majority and probably there's no elections for other 3-4 years :(

yeah siavashf stay strong; it will pass!! :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanted to mention that as far as the issue of living with your foreign national spouse while the application is being processed is concerned, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you are a Canadian citizen and not a PR, in which case you must be in Canada while the processing is taking place. If you recall filling out the Sponsor Questionnaire, IMM5540, question 11 asks whether you are currently living in Canada, and if you check "no," it asks when you plan to return to Canada to resume residency and where you will plan to live. It also asks to provide proof of your intention to resettle in Canada when you begin that sponsorship undertaking for your spouse, and that proof may include photocopies of the following: job offer in Canada, property rental agreement, employment contract in Canada, property deed, mortgage on property, or a letter of acceptance at a Canadian educational institution. It also asks you to give details of your plans to re-establish yourself in Canada. Incidentally, the very next question asks if you live with someone and who, so CIC is well-aware of situations in which Canadian citizens are residing with their foreign national spouses abroad (sometimes for years before they even file for the PR application). I don't know if the visa office will assess this information as well, but apparently Mississauga has a chance to assess this information at the time it gives sponsorship approval. I personally think that living with one's spouse abroad is powerful proof of a genuine relationship that would alleviate alot of doubts that an immigration officer might otherwise have about strong ties between the spouse and principal applicant. There have been women whose husbands are being processed in Rabat who have been able to financially afford to do this (or to take several trips of a month each) and it has made a difference in the way that Rabat judged their relationship or it's helped them win an appeal when Rabat denied the visa because they suspected the intentions of the husband.
imatra said:
Thanks so much sohrab919 for the reply. I figured that there should not be a problem with staying with my husband for the whole process. A couple of friends advised that me staying here might postpone our application. Now I am thinking that other than the couple being together, there might have been other factors involved.

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
ddobro2 said:
I just wanted to mention that as far as the issue of living with your foreign national spouse while the application is being processed is concerned, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you are a Canadian citizen and not a PR, in which case you must be in Canada while the processing is taking place. If you recall filling out the Sponsor Questionnaire, IMM5540, question 11 asks whether you are currently living in Canada, and if you check "no," it asks when you plan to return to Canada to resume residency and where you will plan to live. It also asks to provide proof of your intention to resettle in Canada when you begin that sponsorship undertaking for your spouse, and that proof may include photocopies of the following: job offer in Canada, property rental agreement, employment contract in Canada, property deed, mortgage on property, or a letter of acceptance at a Canadian educational institution. It also asks you to give details of your plans to re-establish yourself in Canada. Incidentally, the very next question asks if you live with someone and who, so CIC is well-aware of situations in which Canadian citizens are residing with their foreign national spouses abroad (sometimes for years before they even file for the PR application). I don't know if the visa office will assess this information as well, but apparently Mississauga has a chance to assess this information at the time it gives sponsorship approval. I personally think that living with one's spouse abroad is powerful proof of a genuine relationship that would alleviate alot of doubts that an immigration officer might otherwise have about strong ties between the spouse and principal applicant. There have been women whose husbands are being processed in Rabat who have been able to financially afford to do this (or to take several trips of a month each) and it has made a difference in the way that Rabat judged their relationship or it's helped them win an appeal when Rabat denied the visa because they suspected the intentions of the husband.
Hi ddobro2. Thanks for your very thorough explanation. As you said cases are different. But your explanation was quite helpful.

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
[url=http://www.picturesanimations.com/kitty][img]http://www.picturesanimations.com/k/kitty/i116113304_60672.gif[/img][/url]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
imatra said:
Hi ddobro2. Thanks for your very thorough explanation. As you said cases are different. But your explanation was quite helpful.
I think this week the office hasn't done any thing for our files!!!
tomorrow is Thursday and they ll go for weekend :( :mad:

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zainiraq said:
If the status change from file receive. To processing in e-case ??? Does that mean anything I'm hoping.
at least now you are sure that they are working on your file and have not forgotten yours. Be hopeful.

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zainiraq said:
If the status change from file receive. To processing in e-case ??? Does that mean anything I'm hoping.
What is your exact time line?

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
samira12 said:
I think this week the office hasn't done any thing for our files!!!
tomorrow is Thursday and they ll go for weekend :( :mad:
To hell with them!
Seriously, does anyone know how to start a petition?? Lets do something, what if 2 weeks from now Damascus extends the processing time from 13 months to 15 months?!!!?

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
siavashf said:
To hell with them!
Seriously, does anyone know how to start a petition?? Lets do something, what if 2 weeks from now Damascus extends the processing time from 13 months to 15 months?!!!?
Well lets not think of that, lets think positive :) And to tell you the truth, the embassy has been working hard this week, for example sending some people emails, and also we have to remember, there is only a quarter of people that have applied that post in this forum, there are many other people that are applying (may have received an email or visa this week) that do not post on this forum.

A petition wont do anything, i am sure they know we are all upset by not being with our loved ones, but it's just the way it is, if anything it may aggrivate them.

Good luck to all :D

aaa2012

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well for 1 it's the enormous number of applications they're dealing with but also the slow down does have to do something with all the fraud that's happening...